Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 12:08
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Suggestions for more RLs..  (Read 16821 times)

wolis

• Elder
  • Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
    • Creative Object World
Suggestions for more RLs..
« on: November 18, 2009, 05:00 »

I wonder if ThiefRL would work (stay in the shadows).

Or how about HalfLifeRL (the epic saga)

A weird one might be EvolvaRL (evolve yourself)

And for a real challenge.. BlackAndWhiteRL (rip up trees, feed your people, throws rocks around)
.___  http://creativeobjectworld.com
/\___\ a free-form, text-based, browser-based,
\/___/ real-time, multi-user virtual world

UnderAPaleGreySky

• Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Chaos Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for more RLs..
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 05:09 »

Or how about HalfLifeRL (the epic saga)
I've been wanting a Half-LifeRL for the last year now :D
Under a pale grey sky, we shall arise.

ParaSait

• Baffen :P
  • Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Happy Little Boozer
    • View Profile
    • MPSF
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 05:49 »

A Star Wars: Battlefront roguelike *has* to be epic... :]
[18|7|3|0|0|0] [MED:13/43] [SPE:36/67] [ASM:11/40]

Check out my epic youtube channel!
Currently playing The Bard's Tale and System Shock 2 (coop with GrAV1t)!

UnderAPaleGreySky

• Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Chaos Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 06:02 »

Fiddle with names, descriptions, add modes and objectives, etc, and reskin DoomRL Arena, and BAM! Star Wars Battlefront RL! :P
(Sorry, I just had to)

PFL

• Elder
  • Lance Corporal
  • Ripped & Torn
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 09:28 »

I would love a Lone Wolf RL.  You know, the old (and now reprinted!) gamebooks where your character developed through all of the books.  Lots of fights, magic and ninja-esque skills! Cool! :)
Blood! Blood! BLOOD!

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 09:57 »

HLRL? Yes. Must be done.

SWBRL? Yes, Must also be done.

My idea? TF2RL. Think about it.
<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

UnderAPaleGreySky

• Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Chaos Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 21:30 »

TF2RL? I can see it now..

"Why is that slightly darker shade dot following me??
*is paranoid*"
*STAB!*

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 21:53 »

TF2RL? I can see it now..

"Why is that slightly darker shade dot following me??
*is paranoid*"
*STAB!*

Right?

Let it be Known that I stake claim to the TF2RL. Mod or Full-fledged.

EDIT: Although obviously, I wouldn't mind some help, especially if I have to build a seperate game. I can't code in any language to save my life.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 22:06 by Madtrixr »
<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

Thomas

• DoomRL Wiki and Testing Ops
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Major General
  • How's it going?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 00:18 »

Right?

Let it be Known that I stake claim to the TF2RL. Mod or Full-fledged.

EDIT: Although obviously, I wouldn't mind some help, especially if I have to build a seperate game. I can't code in any language to save my life.

I have, among other things, thought about a TF2RL.

Instead of dungeon levels, you have rounds. Each round is randomly chosen from a few round styles, like CTF, arena and capture point.
No permadeath for you OR enemies. Of course, dying should be avoided if possible because the game will go on without you for about 20 turns whenever you die.
      - Once a round has been won by either team, humiliation begins. This turns on permadeath and removes the losing team's ability to attack, as well as giving all winners double movespeed and 100% crit chance. If you die during humiliation it's game over. Surviving humiliation is possible, but you must win the round to go to the next level. Losing and surviving humiliation only results in you replaying the level.
You have allies. They're stupid and weaker than you, but they help.
Each class has subset AIs, which control general behaviour and their "Mental Atributes". For example, a WM1 pyro or a "Anti-Sentry" demoman is less likely to notice a spy behind them than a supportive pyro or any sort of medic.
Other mental atributes include "Confidence" and "Priorities". An unconfident AI will go for easy kills, a confident AI will go for important kills. An unconfident spy will have classes with low "Awareness" on high priority, whereas a confident spy will attempt to backstab medics or peope with very high HP.

The spy's melee attacks are all backstabs, unless their target was just about to issue an "Attack spy" command next turn. Because of this, 2 spies attacking the same person at once is ALWAYS a backstab. (Nobody expects the doublespy)
If an AI spy attacks you with his knife, you die. Only AIs get to say "But I was gonna attack him next turn, honest!"

Final boss is the announcer. She has little help, but her weapons are ludicrously overpowered, and her help has much better weapons than you too. In this fight, RED guys will grudgingly help you.
Arch-Vile Chaos Major Thomas
[26/26/26/25/9/1]
Medals: 35/43 Specials: 69/67 Assemblies: 36/40

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 05:39 »

Sorry for my noobism, but what is TF2.. As far as I knew, it was TeamFortress2. But it's an online game.

Another idea is X-COM RL. Also might be fun.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 10:04 by ZZ »
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2009, 09:07 »

I have, among other things, thought about a TF2RL.

Instead of dungeon levels, you have rounds. Each round is randomly chosen from a few round styles, like CTF, arena and capture point.
No permadeath for you OR enemies. Of course, dying should be avoided if possible because the game will go on without you for about 20 turns whenever you die.
      - Once a round has been won by either team, humiliation begins. This turns on permadeath and removes the losing team's ability to attack, as well as giving all winners double movespeed and 100% crit chance. If you die during humiliation it's game over. Surviving humiliation is possible, but you must win the round to go to the next level. Losing and surviving humiliation only results in you replaying the level.
You have allies. They're stupid and weaker than you, but they help.
Each class has subset AIs, which control general behaviour and their "Mental Atributes". For example, a WM1 pyro or a "Anti-Sentry" demoman is less likely to notice a spy behind them than a supportive pyro or any sort of medic.
Other mental atributes include "Confidence" and "Priorities". An unconfident AI will go for easy kills, a confident AI will go for important kills. An unconfident spy will have classes with low "Awareness" on high priority, whereas a confident spy will attempt to backstab medics or peope with very high HP.

The spy's melee attacks are all backstabs, unless their target was just about to issue an "Attack spy" command next turn. Because of this, 2 spies attacking the same person at once is ALWAYS a backstab. (Nobody expects the doublespy)
If an AI spy attacks you with his knife, you die. Only AIs get to say "But I was gonna attack him next turn, honest!"

Final boss is the announcer. She has little help, but her weapons are ludicrously overpowered, and her help has much better weapons than you too. In this fight, RED guys will grudgingly help you.

0_0 I like the fact that me and Thomas think on the samewave length. Don't forget someway to unlock different options.

Sorry for my noobism, but what is TF2RL. As far as I knew, it was TeamFortress2. But it's an online game.

So? If Doom can be made into an RL, Almost anything can be made into a RL.

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2009, 17:42 »

I call dibs on DukeNukemRL.

Hmm, don't have time to play with myself.
I computed, therefore I was.

Thomas

• DoomRL Wiki and Testing Ops
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Major General
  • How's it going?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2009, 21:40 »

*stuff*

0_0 I like the fact that me and Thomas think on the samewave length. Don't forget someway to unlock different options.

Haha, I'm still only learning how to program so I just toss ideas around in my head. TF2RL is one of my favourite ideas, so I found it easy to remember some of the gameplay elements I wanted.

Sorry for my noobism, but what is TF2.. As far as I knew, it was TeamFortress2. But it's an online game.

Yeah, it is an online game. That's why my TF2RL idea includes bots (and you'd need good AI too, considering most of the time you'll want to be working together with them)
Arch-Vile Chaos Major Thomas
[26/26/26/25/9/1]
Medals: 35/43 Specials: 69/67 Assemblies: 36/40

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2009, 09:25 »

Haha, I'm still only learning how to program so I just toss ideas around in my head. TF2RL is one of my favourite ideas, so I found it easy to remember some of the gameplay elements I wanted.

Yeah, it is an online game. That's why my TF2RL idea includes bots (and you'd need good AI too, considering most of the time you'll want to be working together with them)

It's fine. At least your learning, Like I said, I can't program my way out of a paper bag in any language. I don't tink I could learn either, but that's off-topic.

And don't forget, we must model it off the PC version, so that if we have achievements, We MUST have unlockable weapons. Not even right away, but they have to be in there.

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

Fanta Hege

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Will it work? I HAVE NO IDEA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2009, 09:49 »

Final boss should be Saxton Hales.
But maybe Announcer would be more mercifull.
i dont even know anymore
Pages: [1] 2  All