Chaosforge Forum

• April 19, 2024, 01:01
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Suggestions for more RLs..  (Read 16899 times)

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for more RLs..
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 09:51 »

Final boss should be Saxton Hales.
But maybe Announcer would be more mercifull.

Me likes. Maybe if you win without dying...Or something more convoluted like the JC thing.
<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

Anticheese

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2009, 04:08 »

I recall that there was a post on the roguelike development newsgroup a while back about someone announcing his intention to release an X-Com RL. There were plenty of replies saying that many people had the same idea. Sadly, nothing has come of it yet..

An idea that I saw being batted around a few months back was a game in which you build your guns from various parts. Imagine DoomRL's run-and-gun style gameplay, and that your 10mm pistol is made up of a short 10mm barrel, pistol caliber receiver, compact frame, small magazine, etc as opposed to just being a hardcoded 10mm pistol.

I'm sure that a list of parts with some actual thought put into it would sound more appealing..But nevertheless, I still like the idea

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2009, 10:24 »

I recall that there was a post on the roguelike development newsgroup a while back about someone announcing his intention to release an X-Com RL. There were plenty of replies saying that many people had the same idea. Sadly, nothing has come of it yet..
Will do.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Almafeta

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2009, 13:11 »

Yeah, it is an online game. That's why my TF2RL idea includes bots (and you'd need good AI too, considering most of the time you'll want to be working together with them)

I actually dreamt about TFRL last night; in it you didn't play a character (or only played one character), but players were able to write code for other bots.  It was a complicated dream.

Thomas

• DoomRL Wiki and Testing Ops
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Major General
  • How's it going?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2009, 21:10 »

Me likes. Maybe if you win without dying...Or something more convoluted like the JC thing.

Ahahaha, I love the idea of winning without dying (something that will no doubt be ludicrously hard) allowing you to fight Saxton Hale.

I was thinking about TF2RL a bit more.
Tactics: Like the old DoomRL, you have "Coward", "Cautious" and "Aggressive". Some classes also have special tactics, like "Double Jumping" for the scout.

Free Shots: Every 10.0/6.0/2.0 seconds (depends on tactics, aggressive is better) you get a free shot. This shot costs ammo, but happens during the delay in your move. (eg. if you're playing pyro and you move, that takes 100 ticks. You then get a free shot, which happens during the 100 tick delay before your next turn.)
So if you're running away from someone, you can choose "Coward" to get a better dodge chance or "Aggressive" to take more potshots at your enemy while you run. This also means if you're willing to stand still in aggressive mode and attract bullets like an idiot, your DPS will go up by 50%.
Arch-Vile Chaos Major Thomas
[26/26/26/25/9/1]
Medals: 35/43 Specials: 69/67 Assemblies: 36/40

Mikey

• Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2009, 21:45 »

How about a port to cell phones for DooMRL and others?  I would love to play these at work but i have no computer at work, stupid army.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2009, 07:20 »

DoomRL 1 port would be next to impossible to do. As for DoomRL 2 you'd need a C++ programable phone (symbian?).
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2009, 05:30 »

CrimsonlandRL.

Wait for it till the start of March. I know almost all of how to do it, if no problems occur, I'll finish it in February.
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2009, 11:14 »

Ahahaha, I love the idea of winning without dying (something that will no doubt be ludicrously hard) allowing you to fight Saxton Hale.

I was thinking about TF2RL a bit more.
Tactics: Like the old DoomRL, you have "Coward", "Cautious" and "Aggressive". Some classes also have special tactics, like "Double Jumping" for the scout.

Free Shots: Every 10.0/6.0/2.0 seconds (depends on tactics, aggressive is better) you get a free shot. This shot costs ammo, but happens during the delay in your move. (eg. if you're playing pyro and you move, that takes 100 ticks. You then get a free shot, which happens during the 100 tick delay before your next turn.)
So if you're running away from someone, you can choose "Coward" to get a better dodge chance or "Aggressive" to take more potshots at your enemy while you run. This also means if you're willing to stand still in aggressive mode and attract bullets like an idiot, your DPS will go up by 50%.

You mean like a heavy? That's his job, to attract bullets and spit out damage.

Anyways, I just had an odd idea, that came from me playing my PS3. MW2RL. It certainly has the framework for a Roguelike in it, because the guns can be configured in different ways, like having a FAMAS with a Grenade Launcher and a ACOG, for example. The whole thing you can do is that you start with guns you select to use at before the mission, and you can pick up new guns during the mission as you drop dudes. I don't have it all fleshed out, but I can kind of see how it would work. Mplayer would certainly be insane.

I had another thought, The World's First Tactical Espionage Action Roguelike, Metal Gear RL.
<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

ParaSait

• Baffen :P
  • Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Happy Little Boozer
    • View Profile
    • MPSF
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2009, 14:24 »

I actually thought of making a Metal Gear RL when I've gained some more c++ skills :)
So ahh don't suggest it! I don't want others to steal my idea for a future project :P
[18|7|3|0|0|0] [MED:13/43] [SPE:36/67] [ASM:11/40]

Check out my epic youtube channel!
Currently playing The Bard's Tale and System Shock 2 (coop with GrAV1t)!

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2009, 14:41 »

I actually thought of making a Metal Gear RL when I've gained some more c++ skills :)
So ahh don't suggest it! I don't want others to steal my idea for a future project :P

Good to know there's another Metal Gear fan on here.

Hide the idea under a box.

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

UnderAPaleGreySky

• Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Chaos Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2009, 20:39 »

And hide the box in a truck.
Under a pale grey sky, we shall arise.

Ultra578

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2010, 19:19 »

WH40K rl would be epic.

I had visions of a berserk style game where you play as imperial guard/space marine and defend a small outpost against waves of increasing strength. eg as a guardsman you would hold off tyranids in waves in a pattern like this: Gaunts/Hormagaunts, Genestealers, Raveners, Lictors, Zoanthropes, Hive Tyrant/Carnifex.
As space marines maybe hold off orks in a similar pattern.
After each wave you can upgrade your weapon/weapons and purchase grenades.
Maybe playing as an eldar could be cool and you could purchase more psychic abilities.

bfg9001

• Elder
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2010, 15:25 »

WH40K rl would be epic.

There already is one. It's called "Warp Rogue."
Pages: 1 [2]  All