Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 15:16
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: A new PBF in a galaxy far, far away...  (Read 16276 times)

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A new PBF in a galaxy far, far away...
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2009, 09:52 »

But the character I've created is hell good at force, lowering it simply to d8 will lower his ultimate power described in the story.
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2009, 09:54 »

Oh, the cap was to PREVENT character's of 'ultimate power' being created.

Also, after reading character backstory...
    ...way over the top, ZZ. Not only does it contradict cannon. Dantooine enclave was un-operational at the time of Rise Of The Empire era. That's one thing. No immortality can be achieved in SW universe, that second. Corriban Academy was also non-operational at this time.
Furthermore, this character is just... beyond the campaign scope. I capped the Force Sensitive for a reason. And I can't say I like it's current, ultra-powerful, boring back story. If you want to play Revan (as it seems), then wait for a Dark Lords centered campaign. Otherwise, tone him down to fit better into setting.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 10:44 by Gargulec »
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2009, 12:20 »

Also, it's spelled "Korriban".
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2009, 08:02 »

Korriban Sith Academy and Jedi enclave were working both in the same time. I didn't mention that he travelled there in the times of the Rise Of The Empire, he was born before it,while they were both working, and due to the longlivity he lived to the Rise. And the force is mysterious, nobody knows it's endge, so longlivity could be one of the propeties.
And I just respect Revan, I wanna play force user, not sighned for work on any side.
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2009, 08:33 »

Really, I am not stopping you from playing Force User. But I do stop you from playing an un-cannonical, play-breaking, Mary Sue character. Invent something more interesting and more fitting, will you?

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2009, 11:56 »

Right, let's have a look...

Horrible grammar aside...

First off, I am pretty sure Yoda's longevity had little to do with force powers (though those helped prevent death by unnatural causes,) and more with his species. Second, a Sith, even a half-one, giving up immortality for any reason? Don't quite see that happening. Now maybe an unaging force user with little to no *practical* power, that I could understand. Moving on. Third, this is just a plot hole the size of Yavin 4's mass shadow, a few simple force tricks to take over as pilot? THINK, man. You could toss the pilot out an airlock or something, but I'm quite sure the security on board a prison ship, ESPECIALLY one presently carrying a high-value prisoner, would be a bit tighter than to allow some nobody to just walk off the streets of some Outer Rim world and take over because the current pilot had a sudden case of Eaten By Rancor. Next up, an immortal (in terms of age) individual, but with little to no use of his powers would have had a hard time surviving the time since the Korriban academy was active, never mind the Jedi Purge... honestly, how long do you think a nigh-immortal force user hiding out somewhere would go unnoticed? People would say how that one guy has been there since forever, and then someone slightly force-sensitive would put two and two together, and before you know it there's an Imperial Star Destroyer in your driveway. Never mind such small details as ships the size of our prison transport not having a single pilot, but rather a crew of navigators, a NavComp and a captain telling them which way to point the damn thing. Or an imperial pilot carrying lightsabers around with him, but no proper certification. And you can't exactly mind-trick a computer record into saying he ever saw the inside of an Imperial Academy.

Seriously, mate. Step back, take a deep breath, erase all thoughts of Revan and anything Knights of the Old Republic (with the possible exception of HK-47, he's too lovable to be forgotten, YOU HEAR ME, G?) out of your mind, and start over FRESH. Try making one of the lower-grade prisoners from the surviving rebels, or perhaps one of the actual crewmembers of the prison ship...

Note that I am not touching on the skill selection - I'll leave that to more rules-savvy people.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 12:01 by Xander Morhaime »
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2009, 12:05 »

(with the possible exception of HK-47, he's too lovable to be forgotten, YOU HEAR ME, G?

Yes, general?

Also, my two cents: you spend 140 points on skills, while the limit was 72. You bought assets for total of 68 points, along with assets that need consulting- inherit armor, for example etc.

Also: brought to you by Journey and me: various traits and bundles for SWers

Twi'lek race trait package (0):
Male: Ugly d4 (to non-twi'leks), Fragile d4, Enhanced Communication (lekku) d4, Fast On you Feet d2, Lighting Reflexes d2
Female: Allure d4 (to non-twi'leks), Fragile d4, Enhanced Communication (lekku) d4, Fast On you Feet d2, Lighting Reflexes d2, Lightweight d4

Wookie race trait package (0):
All: Brawler d4, Formidable presence d4, Sure footed d2, Natural weapon d2 (claws), Tough d4, Anger issues d4, Impaired communication d8 (can't speak human languages), Gullible d6, Duty (can't use claws) d2

Assets:
I'll bet you have: d4 - as long as you have a blaster holstered, you have the blaster drawn! Simply, if you are equipped with a weapon, drawing it takes you no time, unless GM deems otherwise.

Your mind powers will not work on me, boy: d6- be it due to alien physiology, mental conditioning, or simply extraordinary will prowess, you gain +5 skill steps trying to resist Force enforced mind tricks

« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 13:25 by Gargulec »

Journey

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2009, 11:01 »

I just wanted to put it out there that it's been 4 days since the post for character sheets.  Let's get them in, everyone.  We're itching to get this game started!

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2009, 13:12 »

You did it! I am so proud of you!

But: Alderaan is still intact at the time of this campaign. So, it appears that you have to change it a bit.

Anyway, I like this type of character badly, so just correct the minor mistake, and I'll be happy.

Journey

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2009, 13:55 »

If your mates were butchered by stormtroopers, you might say that your character would have some Prejudice against them.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2009, 10:55 »

Not bad, at first glance.

Journey

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2009, 11:16 »

I really like the new setup, and we do need a pilot, it seems.  Double check your skills, though, you have 98 points worth!

In my view, the big thing to keep in mind for the story is that all our player characters might be above average beings in the universe, but they're aren't like Star Wars main characters:  the ones who are really lucky, have lots of coincidences in their life, and are really skilled, beautiful, etc.   We're not Luke Skywalker or Han Solo, who are truly exceptional, truly lucky, and are involved in many major events in the universe, but are more like Derek "Hobbie" Klivian or Pash Cracken.  Still pretty skilled and do make an impact on events, but aren't the main drivers of things, an not the best by any means.

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2009, 11:25 »

I thought there was 64, 10 less from the limit. In the rules, check table 2.2. It says that when you have skill >6 then it must be special and costs 6 less. Of course, it's if I'm correct. Waiting till GM.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2009, 11:30 »

Uhm. You pay for the basic skill- up to six points. And then, for each specialization separately, beginning from d8, which cost 2 points.

Journey

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2009, 11:54 »

Example:
Guns (Blaster Pistol) d10

Guns d6 costs 6, you need to get that BEFORE you can buy Guns/Blaster Pistol
after that, Guns/Blaster pistol d10 costs 4 more on top, for 10 points total

Pilot (Frigates) d12
Pilot (Starfighters) d10

Here, Pilot d6 costs 6, Pilot/Frigates d12 costs 6 on top, and Pilot/Starfighters d10 costs 4 on top of that.
So the cost of this set would be 16.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All