Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 07:00
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Returns PBF - In Character  (Read 56873 times)

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
Returns PBF - In Character
« on: December 02, 2009, 14:37 »

Few places are as dreaded as Imperial Dungeon Ships. And it is not without reason, for sure. Tales of prisoners embarking on them, never to set foot on land again are as widespread, as they are true. Rumours speak of tortures being common, wardens being sadistic, captains being bitter and cruel...

And, for most part, there is no lie in them, as each of you could see, though from different perspectives.

Lamentation for 'Canceron'

The trip was meant to be short. 'Canceron' was to travel from Outer Rim to Coruscant, bringing there cargo of many rebels, and single Jedi Master, which was cunning enough to evade capture for well over sixteen years. But cunning enough to escape forever. Dungeon Ship was hauling her, and all those rebels, to an sad, and unavoidable (or so it seemed) fate.

But, the hypersapce drive died, forcing the ship to move much slower than it should.

At this very moment, 'Canceron' was stationary- maintenance was needed direly for the secondary drives, unless you wanted it to malfunction, and leave struck in void until the end of eternity.

Anyway, ship was lost already, albeit nobody knew of it at this very moment. Only few held chances of survival.

Clone, more machine now then man, guarding the captured Jedi Master.

A former servant of a powerful Sith, traversing the corridors of Cellblock B in search of... somebody.

Handsome rebel, now enclosed in bare steel cell, transferred there for playing a part in recent prison revolt.

A pilot, and a gunslinger, walking down the ship corridors, closely to large blast doors.

All of you would soon leave this place for good. And face some memories.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 14:43 by Gargulec »
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Journey

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Re: Returns PBF - In Character
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 19:56 »

The lady who was calling herself Laril Shadow brooded as she checked the bug detector in her hand and laid down on her bunk.  Why didn't she listen to her doubts when it came to accepting this fishy contract?  But no, she was tempted by the credits, and now she was stuck on this decrepit, failing Imperial ship.  It will be the greatest of ironies if after evading Vader and his agents for so long, I still end up perishing in Imperial hands...in the hands of their failing maintenance crew.  But there was no point agonizing over it.  Unless she decided to somehow commandeer one of the ship's shuttles to escape, but times weren't desperate enough for that...yet.

Instead, her thoughts turned to the walk she took one day ago.  "I really think I saw Colin in one of the cells," she said out loud.

Bright purple letters appeared on her datapad.  YOU ARE STATING THAT YOU BELIEVE YOUR EYES DETECTED COLIN KARR, YOUR CHIEF MISSION SUPERVISOR FROM 32:1:20 TO 32:7:34, IN ONE OF THE PRISONER CONTAINMENT ROOMS ABOARD THIS VESSEL?

"I think so, yes.  Mmm, if it's really him, there are so many questions I want to ask him."

WOULD IT NOT BE LOGICAL TO CONFIRM WHETHER OR NOT YOUR PERCEPTIONS ARE AUTHENTIC BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH THIS LINE OF INQUIRY?

"Hah.  No, you're right.  I should check before thinking too much about this.  The problem is, it's probably a huge risk to go back in such a short time.  They'd remember I was through there before and check if I was authorized.  Then I'd be in trouble."

THAT IS A REASONABLE DEDUCTION.  IN THAT CASE SHOULD I GO AND CONFIRM YOUR PERCEPTIONS FOR YOU?

"You know, that could work.  I've seen a lot of astromechs coming and going every corridor on this ship.  I need to patch up this hole in your shell, though, so you don't stand out that much."

I AM GRATEFUL.  ALTHOUGH IT IS ILLOGICAL THAT I SHOULD ALLOCATE ANY CONSIDERATION TO SUCH COSMETIC MATTERS THAT DO NO AFFECT MY CAPACITY TO OPERATE, MY PREFERENCES ARE TO BE "WHOLE".

"Indeed, sorry for doing that to you.  It is a rather large hole."

I DO NOT RECOGNIZE THE NEED TO APOLOGIZE.  IT WAS A LOGICAL ACTION TO CREATE A REASONABLE EXPLANATION FOR THE EMP DETONATION IN THIS ROOM TO DISABLE ANY SURVEILLANCE EQUIPMENT.  I ESTIMATE A PROBABILITY OF AT LEAST SEVENTY-FOUR POINT TWO PERCENT THAT YOUR OVERSEER WOULD NOT BELIEVE YOUR EXPLANATION HAD YOU NOT DAMAGED MY EXTERIOR.

"Right, right.  Power down for a bit while I finish the repairs, will you?"

-------------------

"There, all fixed up."

MY SHELL IS ONCE AGAIN A CONTINUOUS SURFACE.  I EXPRESS MY THANKS.

"Alright, go take a peek, if you can.  Be careful, though.  It's more important to stay undetected than to find him."

ROGER.  MISSION PARAMETERS ESTABLISHED.

"I'm going to the mess hall to get some food.  And see if maybe I can liberate someone's rank cylinder or find some other means of prison access.  See ya later."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 10:40 »

CX-411 was spending the day much like every other day so far on this ship - standing guard duty in front of the door panel of the cell containing his special prisoner. He stood out a bit from the rest of the ship's stromtrooper compliment, in that his armour was a dark grey rather than the usual white. And there was the fact he carried substantially more firepower on his person, in the form of a repeating blaster in addition to the standard E11.

Of course, the work was dull as hell, so to pass the time he memorised who or what came by and when, or when nobody was around, simply counting the rivets in the walls.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 15:59 »

The Clone surely was not the only bored person in the cellblock...
Some rebel being held few cells further definitely did not share this feeling, though.
His mind was absorbed with a tough problem, the problem made of bare steel, without any windows, but with solid, reinforced door instead. Precisely, closed and locked door.
Sitting in an angle of the cold, lonely and claustrophobic place, Vincent West Jr (or prisoner no. 113, as they branded him recently) desperately sought any way out.

If came some fraggin' stormtrooper... Interrogator... A damned gut-robber bringing cold soup... Anything, for f'sake !, he had a bitter thought full of anger.

Walls were already checked for any airing well, but in vain. Having nothing to do, he checked them again, hoping blindly for some concealed wiring panel, vent or something labelled "Ye Olde Rebel Emergency Escape Duct". Or, at least, an emergency camera.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 16:23 »

Time passed slowly.

Senior officers in the ship mess were not cautious enough to prevent stealing a access cylinder from them. Entrance to Cellblock B was granted to Fathima at last. On her way there, she met her droid, eager to inform her that her 'old friend' was confined in the cell 021, 'heightened security'.

Over the blast doors, leading to cell block, somebody wrote a 'All hope abandon'. Indeed, there was a tale on the ship, that not a single prisoner from B ever tasted the freedom again.

Who knows, maybe it was even true.

Cell block was oddly silent. Nothing could be heard, no whisper, no yell. Heavy barriers, of both steel and forcefield separated prisoners from their captors. Furthermore, apart from Colin, a rebel scum whose face was one of the most intriguing sights Fathima ever saw and of course the Jedi, the block was empty.

And then, all of sudden, like a prelude to a dirge, all alarms on the ship rang.

'Action Stations! Action Stations! All hands to action stations...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 16:27 by Gargulec »

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 18:10 »

CX-411 grinned to himself under his helmet as the alarms rang out. The trip had been dull, and so he welcomed the bit of excitement. Of course, he was already at his "action station" - he was to guard and protect the prisoner. To that end, he unholstered his trusty E-11 and began waiting for further announcements, or other sounds indicative of what was going on.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 07:14 »

Jacob was greatly shocked with the alarm. Even if he knew the opposite, he was sure that the trip will be calm. This call destroyed his dreams. He was now sure that without firing he wouldn't leave the ship. So he readies his pistols and calmly waits, knowing that nothing can take him down now.
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

Journey

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 11:21 »

Fathima connected the rank cylinder to her datapad as she walked down the corridor, temporarily replacing its visual data with her own appearance.  She now walked with the stiff gait typical of most Imperials, and her color-shifting outfit was now dull grey, bearing no insignia.  The narrow, monotonous corridors reminded me of her last visit to the Imperial prison system, when she had broken a smuggler chief out of jail, allowing her to join his organization.  But the smuggler never realized that the escape was staged.  Soon after, Fathima had not only the smuggler, but his entire gang of glitterstim haulers all locked away.

Fathima forced her mind away from her memories and back to the task at hand.  This time, the guards weren't on her side.  She kept her eyes forwards as she walked past them...even as she started to feel a new presence in the Force.  The presence seemed contained somehow, but despite this containment Fathima could sense its warmth and brightness, entirely unlike the cold Force presence she experienced when vader was around.  Was there another Force user nearby?  And what allowed this being's Force presence to be warm and bright, which was a truly new Force sensation to her?

'Action Stations!  Actions Stations!  All hands to action stations...'

Fathima almost flinched as alarms suddenly rang out through the ship; only her training allowed her to continue to walk smoothly.  Guilty parties tended to react poorly to alarms, and she had to act if she belonged.  Was this an opportunity...or a risk?  The alarm would likely draw guards away her destination, but everyone she did meet would now be on high alert, especially when she tried to leave the area.  She seriously considered turning back and walking away, but feeling the rank cylinder in her hand, she knew it would be a hard trick to repeat once it was discovered missing.  So she continued deeper into the complex, further away from the wail of the alarms.

Meanwhile, Zal also moved through CellBlock B as inconspicuously as possible, staying close to Fathima, but not close enough to make it obvious.  It focused its echolocators on tracking all bodies nearby; ready to signal to Fathima if anyone converged on her location.

Soon, Fathima stopped in front of cell 021, rank cylinder in hand.  The moment of truth... She took a deep breath and focused her mind.  Activating the cell door, she stepped inside.  Putting a mixture of veiled menance and disdain in her voice, she spoke:  "Colin Karr.  I have some questions for you..."
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 11:22 by Journey »

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 12:52 »

Oh, the alert. Great, I am going to rot in this forsaken hole. Or... ?

Finding nothing of interest, Vince quickly stood up and, stumbling, sticked to a wall as close to the door as it was possible. His face twisted in pain while wounded knee protested with a sharp blow of pain.

It is certain that the whole ship will be evacuating soon. They can not afford losing prisoners, so probably I shall have someone sent for me. Hopefully, one untrained naive sucker...
Or... maybe someone is out to take me away from here... ? If not, then who... or what... can be willing to raze this cursed wreck ?

The last thought filled West with dread.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 13:20 »

The voice of Fathima former handler was so quiet, that she barely could hear him over the alarms blaring, when she entered his bare steel cell.

'I told you, I know nothing that could intere...

He paused, surprised. Fear arose in his eyes.

'Who are you?' he asked, desperately trying to remain calm. 'You're not the one that interrogated me... And you appear familiar.'

Before he could finish, both of them felt an odd, but not unfamiliar feeling of faint pressure all over your bodies. Ship shields was raised.

'Ship endangered read CX, on the security screen that until no more than a second ago displayed nothing more than Jedi Master life function graphs.  'Enforcing emergency lockdown of Cellblock B'

He knew what that meant- meter thick blast doors, only way into the cellblock was now being closed. And they would only open after 24 hours passed, and ship captain send special safety signal.

For a second, the security screen blinked. And then, a red letters appeared on it, forming another short message.

'Special prisoner treatment is in action. Prepare the restraints and follow 'Special Circumstances' instructions'

Then, a distant explosions were heard. Turbolaser barrage, for no doubt.

Lights flickered, and went off in Vince cell. After a while, as the ship was torn with more and more hits. Before the rebel could start wondering, if the shields was still holding, a miracle happened. For how else could he name the situation, in which energy field separating him from the freedom simply disappeared?

Power was cut off- but it was matter of seconds before the auxiliary systems would kick in...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 13:43 by Gargulec »

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2009, 13:28 »

Hesitating no more, Vince hurled himself towards the corridor, almost falling to the ground and hissing in pain.
Ouch... No, not now... Such an opportunity...
He took a look around the corridor, quickly, determined to not get killed, then rushed towards anything that would provide him some piece of cover. Some door alcove, perhaps ?

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 04:39 »

'Oh my god! This is my ship!' - thought Jacob - 'It's going to die!'. There was nothing to do with it. Something was disturbing him. Something said him 'Cells...Prison Cells'. He wasn't sure what it meaned, but in times of need, 'pistols helped him' - as he described. He decided to check, what's with them. Jacob rushed himself towards prison cells with his pistols charged. He wasn't sure what is there, so he was ready to everything.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 04:50 by ZZ »
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 07:23 »

CX-411 turned to the door with an inward sigh, quickly typing in the access code before entering, blaster still held at the ready.

"Looks like it's time we had a change of scenery," the dark trooper said, walking up to the Jedi, taking out the neural collar and shackles. The shackles were set aside for the moment, and he moved stepped forward to clamp the collar around the restrained Jedi's neck, setting the auto-trigger distance to something reasonable for the circumstances. "I trust you realise I'm probably the only armed person on the ship currently interested in your safety and will take that into consideration in any half-brained escape attempts," he added, then walked over to the little wall locker that held the standard bright orange prison uniform, taking it out and setting it down in front of the restraints. "Putting something on might not hurt either. As useful as a distraction you might be to any boarders, these might be a bit more appropriate." The uniform itself was plain and simple, nothing fancy or comfortable, but at least it was clothing of a sort. Presently, the dark trooper picked up the shackles and stepped over to the restraint controls. "I take it you'll cooperate at least until we're clear of the present threat?" he asked.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2009, 07:51 »

Twi'lek spoke with apparent difficulty, slowly and quietly.

'I will... cooperate.'

As CX opened the restraints, she fell heavily on the floor. For a moment, she lied motionlessly. Then, she crawled towards the prison uniform, and awkwardly put it on. Standing up took her a few tries, but finally, she managed to assume standing position. In all this, she did not look dangerous in any way- former 501st legionnaire wondered how it was possible for her to slay number of best soldiers in the Imperium. For all CX was seeing now, was an tired, and resigned women, barely able to move. 

'What now?' she asked, with faint trace of dread in her voice.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2009, 08:01 »

"I have little faith in this ship's ability to sustain an actual assault. Boarding might be another matter, but if whoever it is would prefer to just shoot at us, we're a sitting target. Therefore, we'll be getting off presently," the clone explained, stepping forward and clamping the shackles over the Jedi's wrists. "There is a shuttle housed in this block. If we can get to it, and if someone had the foresight to fit it with a pilot, astromech or otherwise... well, either way it affords us more chances than this junker of a ship."

The explanation done, CX-411 stepped away from the prisoner, nodding to a wall close to the door. "Stand there, I'll check on the situation outside..." he said, opening the door and looking out carefully, blaster rifle held at the ready in case any threat were to present itself.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11