Chaosforge Forum

• March 29, 2024, 06:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Returns PBF - In Character  (Read 56895 times)

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
Re: Returns PBF - In Character
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2009, 18:45 »

"Coruscant, by the shortest feasible route," the dark trooper replied, having come to the cockpit to address that very same issue with the pilot. "There I can deliver my cargo, and you can see that your pet gets the treatment he deserves. Preferably by way of a blaster bolt."
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2009, 10:32 »

Since shootout, Vince was withdrawn and quiet. He barely could hear, feel and understand anything happening around him. This could be suprising, but nobody knew what did he live through inside.

The shootout reminded him the incident on Endor and for half an hour he had to come through this all once again. He had seen his dead comrades instead of the ship's crew, he had heard gunshots instead of speech, his mind protested against bearing witness to this and left the body, wandering through the high spires of oblivion.

Now, it returned, tormented and full of wrath.

Oh damn. Coruscant... You are going to get your reward when I'll be free, genefucked scum., he thought, yet consciously remained seeming absent.

He discretely looked at shackles. Those looked much too solid to be broken...

Think, Vince... think...

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2009, 15:34 »

As CX and Fathima came to the cockpit, to have better view on what's happening, the pilot was starting the ship's repulsorlift drives.
'The board is all green' she muttered, grabbing the control stick. Meanwhile, Rel connected to ship's systems via the socket next to empty second pilot chair. Then, you felt as the whole ship rose above the deck. Skye looked towards you. 'If I were you, I'd rather grab something. It may shake... a bit.

Then, without a word of further warning, she pulled the yoke towards her, fully opened the throttle, and launched into open space.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 15:48 by Gargulec »
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2009, 15:50 »

CX-411 braced against the back of the cockpit as the shuttle took off - he was no stranger to rapid deployment of small craft, and what it feels like to be on one during the procedure. "Priorities, then - get clear of the ship, or ships... while we're at that, check if you can catch whatever attacked the Canceron on scanners. Anyway, from there, if supplies allow, it would be preferable to head directly to Coruscant. Failing that... any port in the storm, but preferably an Imperial one, or at least some neutral place, where we can arrange for supplies or further passage. I'll leave the details to you, though I'd prefer to be informed of the destination before we arrive there," the clone instructed.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Journey

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2009, 09:02 »

Fathima steadied herself as the ship shifted, then strapped herself into the co-pilot's seat.  "I can't help you fly, but I can handle everything else for you:  shields, sensors, power allocation and such, if you would prefer - just yell at me anytime what settings you'd like.  Oh, and is this ship armed?"  She turned to the trooper, "You look like you might have some experience with heavy weaponry, and it seems whatever's out there isn't friendly"

As she sat among the ship's controls - her mind flashed back to her old, now destroyed, ship - a droid Infiltrator that inserted and extracted her from many missions.  That ship was a beauty.  Fast, impossible to detect:  it never let me down.  She shook her thoughts away - now wasn't the time to be distracted.

She began to look at the sensor board while simultaneously reaching out with the Force, hoping to get some sense as to who the attackers were...

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2009, 11:03 »

Before you were able to say anything more, massive G's tore your breath away. Seconds after, cockpit filled with a red, pulsating light and the ringing of the alarms due to radar detecting 'several unidentified vessels'.

'I know that CBDR!' yelled Skye, turning out the alarms, and doing a sharp turn, to evade incoming fighters, identified by Zal as standard Tie/in's.

And then, it begun.

Skye was manoeuvring like a mad man, desperately trying not to get hit. Turn after turn, spin after spin... all that to give Zal enough time to start up the hyperdrive. Only sound that you could hear was faint rustle, as the lambda shuttle structure was protesting against what it was being put through.

Through the cockpit windows, you were finally able to see what attacked 'Canceron'. Two Victory-class Destroyers were floating over the boxy shape of what once was an Imperial Dungeon Ship, now ravaged, and dying. You did not have time to take the closer look, as your pilot again made a sharp turn, and all that you could see now was deep void.

Zal whistled in terror as one of the engines on the ship systems display turned red.
'I'm seeing it myself, you piece of scrap!' growled Skye, her hand dancing over the control board.

She must have pushed one button too much, as suddenly, your shuttle comm systems came to life, catching all wayward signals in this part of space, all at once, and all of them was from 'Canceron'. Most of them were familiar

Like Chief Petty Officer Henderson
'...life support systems are dying, I repeat, life...'

Like Captain Elva Duran
'It was an honour, lieu...'

Like XO Adama
'Stay back! STAY...'

And many, many more. All of them, however, melded into one,funeral tune, tune for that which was meeting its end.

Into lamentation for 'Canceron'

Then, something close to you exploded, throwing even CX on the floor. Zal emitted a short beep that could mean one thing only. You were taking structure damage.

But it was not fated for you to die there. Before you were blasted with lasers and missiles again, all stars stretched into long lines of white light.

Skye released the yoke, tilted her head up and sighed.

You've survived once again.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 12:00 by Gargulec »

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2009, 12:48 »

CX slowly picked himself up off the floor, shaking his head. "Let's try to avoid that bit with getting shot at by two star destroyers next time, hm?" he muttered, then breathed a sigh of relief. "At least if we're lucky, whatever the deal with that was, they won't try to pursue us, or don't have enough to go on for a chase."

After a few moments, the dark trooper reached up and pulled his helmet off. His face was pretty much like that of any of the first-generation clone troopers, only the pattern of scars was different. Curiously enough, he also had a simple metal half-circlet ringing the back of his head and hooking onto his ears. The ear-pieces were some electronic devices, too. "Hm. Doesn't sound like we're bleeding atmosphere. That's good, at least... See if there's anything vital that got damaged," he told Skye, "We'll go and check on the prisoners," he added, helping Fathima up and stepping out of the cockpit, drawing his sidearm along the way as he headed to where they'd left the force cage.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2009, 13:02 »

Skye finally collected herself, and leaned towards damage control screen.

'Deflector shields off-line, tri-foils functional, life support functional, weapon systems functional, power supply functional, repulsorlift drives functional, engines...

For a moment, she paused. Then, she grabbed a spanner lying on the floor, and with all her strength, she threw it against the bulkhead.

'Sorry for that' she said, literally shaking with anger. 'But not only did I overload the main engines, but our shiny, new hyperdrvie also got hit. And that means it is not functional. And can throw us out of hypersapce anywhere. Like in the middle of an ISD. Or Carida. Or some fucking red giant. Ah, just great...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 13:12 by Gargulec »

Journey

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2009, 14:30 »

Fathima let her breath out slowly as the ship entered hyperspace.  This contract had definitely become much more than she bargained for.  And with the Canceron destroyed...she probably wouldn't even get paid.  It was so frustrating to be a passenger - having no ability to influence whether she lived or died.

She let the trooper help her up as she thought over what she had noticed on the sensor displays.  "Do the ship names 'Astral Queen' and 'Scar' mean anything to you?  Why would they, I mean, our own people attack us?  And those strange red colored TIE fighters - the power output of their lasers was much higher than usual.  What special task force could this be?"

She got up and followed the trooper until the pilot spoke angrily of the damage to the ship.  "Wait, the state of our ship's probably more important than our prisoners when it comes to our survival," she said to the trooper, then called out to the pilot, "We better check out the damage, then.  See if there's anything we can repair."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2009, 15:02 »

"And how are we feeling today?" CX asked the cargo hold in general as he stepped inside, helmet in one hand, blaster pistol in the other. "I'm sure you'll all be happy to know we did not just get shot and turned into a rapidly expanding cloud of space dust..." he added, looking at the two prisoners.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2009, 10:28 »

The Universal Energy Cage was so small that the Jedi you put there, despite not being very big herself, had to curl up and keep her head between the knees to not get shocked by cage bars. It was hardly comfortable. However, hearing CX coming, the twi'lek tried to raise her head, and got electrocuted.

'If we are going to die anyway' she whispered after a while 'then you might as well release me from this cage. It is not the place that I'd want to die in.'
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 10:58 by Gargulec »

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2009, 10:52 »

The clone shrugged lightly. "Look at it this way, if and when we *do* crash, that position is supposed to be the safest one to be in," he pointed out calmly. "Besides, I doubt the rest of this shuttle's much different, in terms of places to die."

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2009, 10:57 »

'Well, outside the cage, you can actually move...' she replied. 'And I've spent too much time without this wondrous ability.' 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 10:59 by Gargulec »

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2009, 11:00 »

"If it's any consolation, if our other rescuee," the clone indicated Victor with a nod of his head, "starts acting up, I'll toss him in there and you can wear the collar and shackles. Or you can try to persuade him to swap places."

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2009, 11:35 »

The discussion was cut short by a sudden and unexpected feeling of being out-of-place. You then heard Skye.
'We have exited hyperspace, and we are still alive. So far, so good.

When CX came to the cockpit, he could, along with Fathima, see a greeenish, small planet through the windscreen. It seemed somehow familiar to him, but, for now, that was all.

'In other news' your pilot muttered 'we are caught in the planet's gravity well, and since our engines are out-of-order, we will have to land there. Hopefully, the repulsorlift will be enough to save us from the crash. Before you ask, I have no idea where we are, nor do ship databanks recognize that planet, which can mean two... three things. Either it is unknown, under rebel control or simply our archives are incomplete. Not unheard off.

She shrugged.

'One way or another, we will reach the planet's atmosphere in hour, two at most. From what little data this ship's sensor can gather, it appears that the atmosphere there is breathable, so well, maybe it wont be... that bad.'
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 11:51 by Gargulec »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11