Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 06:05
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Returns PBF - In Character  (Read 56870 times)

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Returns PBF - In Character
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 09:09 »

AT this time, Jacob ran to the prison cells. Which cellblock - asked he himself. The silence was his answer. So he decided to close eyes, spin fast and go towards the direction he was pointing. By this way, he walked towards the Jedi. Int the few moments, he was facing CX-411.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 13:15 by ZZ »
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2009, 13:30 »

CX-411 glared at the snooping crewmember. Granted, he had his helmet on and so his face was covered, but he still projected an intense air of glaring. It's a sergeant's talent.

"Move along, boy. I'm sure you heard the announcements, and this cell sure as hell isn't your assigned station," the dark trooper growled, his voice slightly distorted by the helmet's speaker. There was also the added argument of a loaded blaster rifle held at the ready and, at the moment, pointed in Jacob's direction.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2009, 14:04 »

Jacob didn't want that kind of resolve. He pointed his blasters at him, saying:
'Guy, if you shot, I'll shot. We'll lie here both dead. We both don't want that ending. I know that there is something here that needs my presence. So I propose co-operation in getting out of this ship. I know that it wouldn't survive the attack. If you have some ideas, tell me them.'
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2009, 14:13 »

The dark trooper apparently wasn't in a mood to argue - that, or he simply responded poorly when people got in the way of his orders and pointed guns at him. As soon as Jacob reached for his own blasters, CX-411 switched the fire toggle of his E11 to burst mode with a quick movement of his finger and squeezed the trigger, still pointing the weapon at the meddling officer...
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2009, 14:25 »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Journey

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2009, 14:33 »

Fathima didn't know that others had already interrogated Colin.  This forced a sudden change in her plan of attack.

F: "So you'll notice the ship's under attack.  We know you were with Imperial intelligence before, now's your chance to convince us to take you with us before we blow the ship up."

C: "I know nothing that would interest you. I was working in Intelligence for less than a week. And I failed to comply with their 'moral standards' so I am here."

F: "Nice try, Colin, but we have your entire file.  The question is, how much will you cooperate with us if we whisk you out safely?"

C: "What do you want of me? I never supervised anything important, I was just a simple analyst"

F: "We're pretty interested in some of the missions you ran.  Such as kidnappings of Rebel agents and infiltration of Rebel meetings?"

C: 'I can only tell you, that's last time, the agent failed, and rebels escaped.  And the agent was similar to you. Small, clever, successful. All I know about her.'

F: "What kind of missions would she be doing now?  How can we best protect ourselves against her?"

C: 'She is dead.  In billion pieces, somewhere in Hutt space'

F: "So who's doing her job now?"

Colin paused at curious line of questioning.  Then, he opened his eyes widely

C: 'It can't be. Can't be. Can't be.  And I would suggest that you, Fathima, to get the hell out of my sight.'

The game was up.  In her mind, Fathima cursed her distinctive height, which probably helped give her away.  Of course, Colin's sharp mind was not one to be deceived for long.

F: "Alright, it's me.  So it seems your current situation isn't so hot right now.  I might be amenable to taking you along when I leave, if I could pick your brain."

C: "Pick me up? You know that there is no way out of this ship. Also... Fathima, believe me, I don't want to.  I see little point in living. Everything I tried to build is now in ruins. I am no one. I am human detritus'

F: "I don't know what else to say to that.  Anyways, we don't have much time to talk.  But I need you to decide now whether or not you want to come with me.  Because if you don't - it's not safe for me to leave you able to inform on me."

He closed his eyes.

C: 'Fathima. Listen to me, before you say anything. It is important. I once knew an admiral. She was from Old Republic navy. Alderaani, like me.  She did not like the New Order a bit... And I had to find a way to eliminate her. Force knows, if she knew what I had to do, and how bad I felt about killing someone that once saved my mother from death.  And she told me, that I should know one thing. 'I've seen enough of young boys and girls in body bags thrown out of airlock. And I know, that when the time comes, I cannot flinch, I cannot doubt. Because if I do, there will be nothing, but more boys, and girls in bodybags'

F: "I've made that mistake too many times for me to stop now.  And as for the enormity of our sins...only by surviving can we act to bring some balance to the impact of our actions."

C: 'I don't care for atonement, for I want none. I know who I killed, why I did, and given the chance, I'd the same. I never doubted if my actions were right.'

F: "I see.  I guess we have nothing more to discuss."

C: "Wise as you will have become, so full of experience.  You'll have understood by then what these Ithakas mean.  Yes, I think I found my Ithaka. Farewell Fathima.'

F: "I wish things were different.  Farewell."

Then, with the ship was shaken by hit once more, lights faltered and explosions were heard.  The shields were no more, and Canceron was defenceles.

C:  "Will you help me quit this world? I want nothing more of it.'

Explosion. And explosion.

F:  "Very well."

Fathima aimed for the vulnerable point in Colin's windpipe... He died as he lived - silently.  She did her best to arrange his body to look as if he died naturally.

C:  "Goodbye, Colin"

So then Fathima emerged from the cell, her mind once again focused on her surroundings, once again acted as if she belonged in these corridors.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 14:35 by Journey »

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2009, 15:02 »

CX-411 looked at the smoking body for a few brief moments before shaking his head with a sigh. "Seems they really will let anyone into the service nowadays," he muttered, then, just to be sure, switched to single fire and let off another shot, carefully aimed for the late officer's head. Around that time he noticed the flickering of the lights, looking back to his Jedi ward. "Power's going... and we should be as well, if we want off this heap in one piece," he suggested, holstering the E11 and readying the repeater rifle. If the power was going, all those fancy cell forcefields were going to become very useless in a few moments... and that meant a lot of potentially hostile prisoners on the loose. What ever happened to good old solid metal bars for cells, he wondered, as he motioned to the Jedi to follow and stepped over the still-smoking corpse, turning in the direction of Block B's shuttle hangar.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2009, 15:19 »

Few minutes ago:

...Vince saw what he was looking for- an empty dark alcove. Before, however, he was able to move there, his crippled leg reminded of her again, forcing him to stop. And his curses covered the sound of light footsteps behind him.

'An escaped prisoner? Turn around, hand high, will you? the voice was soft, and definitely belonged to women.

When the rebel turned, he saw a slim, moderately tall women with red hair, and rather pretty face. She was wearing an imperial pilot uniform.

More importantly, she was aiming at Vince head with a blaster.

'So?' she asked. 'What are you doing outside your cell?'

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2009, 07:34 »

"The way looks clear. Sounds clear as well, by the sound of it," CX-411 said, looking behind him at the Jedi and motioning with his head down the corridor leading to the hangar bay housing his assigned shuttle. "Let's go while it lasts. Can you move fast, or am I going to have to carry you?" he asked, moving the repeating blaster to an "at ease" position on his shoulder.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2009, 08:30 »

Oh bummer. I MUST get outta here. These poor fellows are waiting for guidance. What now... ?, a thought flashed in rebel's head. Right, all or nothing.

"Having a walk, I suppose. Catching some oxygen. It is so airless inside there and I've got an asthma...", Vince sighed heavily, turning towards the woman and gazing deeply into her eyes with a cheeky smile. He raised his arms, showing that he is completely harmless. "Miss, I wonder if you could stop aiming at me with that blaster. Neither of us is willing for an accident which tends to happen, alright ? The loss of an uninterrogated prisoner... Oh yes, this would make your further advance... harder. Don't you agree ?"

Thus saying, he stumbled slowly towards her. He moved really slowly, not risking harming his leg further and barely to be noticed. Frankly, despite the pain dominating him and the weapon being aimed at his forehead, he still was smiling, just to cause some distraction. "I just wanted to report that I am feeling insecure with that complete lack of door. I am certain that something can be done about it, nay ?" - he pointed at the cell lacking the force field. "You are of the Empire, after all. You should have some good professionals around there ?"

"What model is this ? It doesn't look light enough to be carried by such a delicate lady, right ?", he said, nodding at the gun. And then he looked back at the woman, for a while playing suprised. "Oh, wait, don't we know each other ?"

And yet it is surely heavy enough to stun you, baby. Wanna bite ?, he thought.

Yes, West was desperately trying to win some time by completely unpredictably playing totally authistic and a complete idiot. In fact, he was waiting for another shot to be launched, hoping for it to be strong enough to shake the whole cell block.
He would rush towards the woman and try to neutralize her, gaining some advantage from the distraction and her loss of balance. And confusion he was trying to induce, of course, by bursting the woman with an avalanche of wierd questions.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2009, 08:47 »

The women put her finger on a trigger, as Vince closed by.

'Hold. If I'd want to shoot you, you would be dead already. And, believe me, if you come any closer, I will do this!'

She paused for a second, waiting for Vince reaction. When he finally stopped, she spoke again, starring at his face, and probably starting to fall to his allure already.

'Look, I know who you are, and really, all I want is to get out of this ship alive. I don't care if you're rebel, I hold no grudge against you, and will be really pleased to quit the Navy anyway, and as long as you can help me get to the shuttle in the lowest cellblock level, I can take you with me, too. So?'

Before, however, the rebel could reply, a small figure clad in Imperial uniform emerged from the adjacent corridor.

Meanwhile...

The Jedi nodded. 'I only need few moments to pull myself together....' she muttered. After a second, she looked at CX, and whispered 'Anyway, I think I need to thank you for what you've done for me.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 08:52 by Gargulec »

Journey

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2009, 08:53 »

« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 08:58 by Journey »

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2009, 09:03 »

"In all fairness, I'd have had you shot on sight were it not for standing orders," the clone replied with a shrug. "But someone high up wants to see you arrive on Coruscant in one unharmed piece, so I'll do what I can in that regard. Just don't start thinking of me as a friend. Remember where that got your Jedi Order last time," he added, already heading down the corridor to the hangar bay, though slow enough that she'd keep up... and keeping alert for any more potential obstacles.

Journey

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2009, 09:43 »

Fathima put all thoughts of Colin behind her, focusing her mind on the here and now.

Sithspawn, she thought, as her new focus finally led her to realize the meaning of the distinct alert that had been going on all this time.  The area was being locked down.  But no, with the power failing, would the seals hold?  After all, the energy containment fields had all but disappeared.  Well, there was no point in worrying about things you couldn't control.  Checking in with Zal, she proceeded onwards in the direction it directed, hoping that the route would remain clear.

As she warily turned another corner, she saw two figures in the distance.  It looked like a pilot was covering an escapee with her weapon.  If she continued to play the role she had adopted, she would have to...  No.  With all the cells open, she might run across a crowd of Rebels or other prisoners.  They probably wouldn't take to kindly to an intelligence agent among them.  What to do then?  There weren't many other explanations for why she was here.  Instead, she decided to appeal to the survival instincts.  Still, being careful - she drew one of her holdout pistols in one hand and aimed it forwards, while covering it with her other hand, appearing to casually hold her hands in front of her.

"What are you two doing standing there?  I know you have your differences, but with the explosions throughout them ship, let's put them aside for now and run for the escape pods.  Wait, you're a pilot - and the shuttles are closer.  I can access the direct turbolifts if we go together."

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2009, 11:29 »

The rebel seemed suprised with the whole situation. He glanced at both women (or rather, at both barrels being aimed at him) and said nervously :

"O-ok, just aim this thing somewhere neutral, shall you ?"

He stepped back, slightly disoriented. After a few seconds everything finally became semi-clear.

"Settled, then. After you, ladies.", he answered.
"Would you mind telling me who I have pleasure of working with... and what happened ?"

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11