Chaosforge Forum

• March 29, 2024, 00:49
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Returns PBF - In Character  (Read 56885 times)

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
Re: Returns PBF - In Character
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2009, 11:52 »

"With our luck so far it's probably a planetwide methane ocean," CX commented with a tired sigh, putting his helmet back on. "Well, try setting us down gently and on some solid surface, if at all possible. Bonus points if you can find a proper landing platform. And if we get any incoming comms, not a word about our cargo. Courier shuttle, damaged hyperdrive - keep to that story," the clone instructed. "At least until we know where we stand."
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2009, 12:14 »

Zal emitted short series of beeps.
'Oh, come on, piece of junk...' Skye snorted, turning towards ship's databank screen. 'Why would this planet be in old records, and not in the new ones?.'

For a second, she stared at results of her search.

'You're a very smart piece of junk, you know?' she said to the droid. 'This planet, despite being removed from current Imperial registers, is in the ones from the Clone Wars. However, all the info available there is a name... Felucia. Never heard of it.'
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 12:38 by Gargulec »
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2009, 12:33 »

"Is it too late to go look for a planetwide ocean of methane? We'd be safer off there," CX asked, looking rather tense. After a few moments he let out a deep breath and shook his head.

"I've been there. As far as life-supporting planets go, Felucia is probably one of the most hostile ones. The whole planet's a jungle of overgrown fungi, crawling with bugs, beasts and flesh-eating diseases, and they're all out to get you. We lost more men back there to the environment than we did to the Seps. On Felucia, don't drink the water, don't eat the plants or meat, and if you can, don't breathe the air either. We'll be lucky if we don't land near an acklay or rancor nest, too... not that they're the only creatures down there to watch out for. There were some old staging grounds, though, camps and such, walled off... if they haven't completely overgrown, perhaps we could try setting down in one. Just... try not to land in a giant mushroom or something, for the time being."
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2009, 15:03 »

For a few hours, Vince was desperately trying to somehow free himself from the shackles. He did not speak while others had a chat, instead acting as if he was sleeping.
Methane. Rancor cave. Great. If anything could be worse than this there... Damn., he thought bitterly.
He decided not to say anything, right now waiting for an opportunity to somehow get away from here.
That twi'lek... Who is she ? Why do they keep her in that cage ? Maybe...

Journey

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2009, 16:09 »

"Sounds like we have some fun times ahead.  I'm going to see what we have to work with."  Fathima said, disappearing towards the cargo hold.  Minutes later, she returned, carrying two DH-17 blaster carbines.  "There's a bunch of pistols and no much else.  A stack of rations - looks like they'll feed a person for three and a half weeks, and 20 liters of water.  No spare parts, either."

She turned to the trooper.  "It doesn't look like we can repair the shuttle with what we have, and no holocomm, either, so a distress signal is out, too.  These old staging grounds, would they have anything we can cannibalize, or perhaps a ship we can commandeer?"

(The "blaster pistols" -> "blaster carbines" edit is GM-approved)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 16:26 by Journey »

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2009, 16:23 »

"Not very likely," CX replied, shaking his head. "These shuttles weren't even in production back then, so not much chance of specific spare parts, though there might be bits we could cannibalise. Finding working equipment in that hole, though, will be a miracle. I fully expect that any working machinery that was on the planet was taken away when the Seps got pounded and we could withdraw as well. Granted, there'll be tons of wreckage in various stages of falling apart out in the jungle, but I'm not sure we're exactly prepared for a salvage operation. Eh, maybe we'll find a leftover LAAT or something..."

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2009, 07:55 »

As Skye said, after an hour, your shuttle entered the atmosphere.

At first, it all looked like the landing was going to be smooth. But Skye's face showed signs of deep concentration- and maybe even fear. For you were slowly accelerating.

Soon, you were barely able to stand, and all you could hear was a wild wail as the ship was making its way through the dense atmosphere. You could see the surface of Felucia now, brightly glistening. Very alien.

When you were about two clicks above the ground, Skye turned on the repulsors. The shuttle jerked, but slowed down. It was, however, only the beginning of the struggle.

Repulsors in lambda class were not meat to be used as the main drive, only as an assistance in landing. And you had absolutely no idea of how Skye managed to place it on the surface in one piece. But somehow, she did.

'Never again...' she muttered, releasing the yoke from her hands, after the ship hit the surface. She was wet with sweat, and appeared to be exhausted.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 08:25 by Gargulec »

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2009, 08:36 »

"That went well," CX muttered under his helmet, picking himself up off the floor with a sigh. "We made it down in one piece. See if there's any energy signatures on scanners - we would probably do best to investigate any of those in the first place. I'd suggest making this shuttle our camp site, at least until we find something more suitable."

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2009, 09:17 »

Skye reluctantly took a look at sensors screen.
'Crapload of various life forms, no big ones, however. A lot of scrap metal lying all around us. It's all I can see. Satisfied?'

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2009, 10:10 »

"Not really, but given the circumstances... eh, might as well take a look around, see if there's anything out there we can use for parts. I saw the remains of a Sep ship while we were coming in, if we can get there, perhaps there'll be enough left of it that we can salvage something..." CX sighed, adjusting his helmet. "You stay on the ship," he told Skye, then looked to Fathima. "We'll take our prisoners and see if we can find anything useful out there."

Journey

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2009, 15:54 »

Now that the group was just the five of them, Fathima felt far less inclined to obey the trooper.  Especially when she couldn't see the sense in his plan.  "Take the prisoners with us while we search?  That's going to slow us down, unless you were planning on freeing them."  Without consulting the trooper, she activated the shuttle's ramp and brushed by him.

"C'mon, Zal," she called to her loyal droid.  "Let's see what this place offers."  The pair of them stepped outside and reached out with their various senses.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2009, 16:02 »

"I need to keep an eye on mine, and we can use *yours* as bait if it comes to it," CX called after Fathima, then shrugged and let the girl get a whiff of the wonderous scents that Felucia had to offer. The hot, humid air, and the ever-present smell of decaying vegetation. He recalled it quite clearly from his last time on the planet, and was in no hurry to get a sniff of it again. Instead, he went to the cargo hold.

"I'll be needing that collar," he informed Victor, removing it without waiting for permission before turning to the force cage. "You'll be happy to know we're still alive. Though, given our current location, I can't say if it's much of an improvement. Anyway, I figured you might like a look at where we'll be spending the rest of our lives, brief as they may be," he explained, opening the cage and reaching inside to place the collar around the Jedi's neck once more.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2009, 14:15 »

The ramp went down silently, letting warm, damp air inside, along with swarm of starving insects.

Was it only your imagination, or were there a faint smell of blood as well?

Mercy of the Clones

Soft, yellow light fell from the skies, allowing you to witness Felucia in all its vivid glory. Blue and green mushrooms as big as trees, clouds of purple and magenta, small animals running away from you.

Untamed and wild.

And then, when you made a step forward, you noticed more details.

Rusted pieces of metal, scattered all around you. Burnt-out wrecks of various craft, overgrown by vines and fungi, a large ship or a base, now falling apart in a distance...

And hell of a lot corpses, still clad in once-white armour.

Jedi, to your surprise, was smiling, as she crouched, and touched the soil.
'So many lives... even through this device' she whispered, pointing at her neck 'I can feel it. Sense it. Once dark, this planet is now a beacon of light. For me at last.' She paused, stood up, and still smiling, added 'Here, I could become one with the Force, not regretting it.'

« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 14:30 by Gargulec »

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2009, 14:23 »

Vince raised his head, gazing at the Clone. It was certain that he was listening all the time. Now, all his laid-backness seemed to be gone. Instead, the rebel was dead serious and seemed totally pissed off embarassed with the whole situation he was thrown in.

"Listen up, grunt.", he barked. "I think it is a perfect moment to abandon our damned differences and start working together. Get real and stop playing a fucking overseer, agreed ? This leads nowhere and I am certain that you want to finally arrive on fraggin' Courscant in relatively one piece instead of being torn apart by some creature of huge. And it shall happen if you don't learn how to think.", he drawled. His bloodshot, wild eyes were a terrifying look to witness indeed.
"Untie me. You know there's nowhere to escape, alright ? And one more pair of hands is a pair of hands more, after all."

He knew what he smelled. Blood.

"Got that smell, man ? It's just a proof of what I just said."

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2009, 14:49 »

"Yeah, glad you feel that way, because without a proper hospital I doubt any of you will outlive the week," CX commented, looking over at the Jedi. "I'll last longer mostly because I already left most of my internal organs behind here last time. The replacements should be a bit more resistant to the diseases around here."

That said, he turned to Victor with a sigh. "And what use would you be out here, scum? Other than mouthing off and trying, without success I might add, to overthrow the legitimate government, what skills do you have? We could toss you at one of the local beasts so you'd get eaten and give the rest of us time to escape, but for that you don't need to move any more freely. With luck whatever eats you might even choke on the chains. So," he spoke up, directing the question to the entire group, in case any of them wanted to weigh in, "why should I let you roam free?"
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 19:34 by Xander Morhaime »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11