Chaosforge Forum

• March 29, 2024, 07:35
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Returns PBF - In Character  (Read 56897 times)

Journey

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Re: Returns PBF - In Character
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2009, 15:25 »

Fathima gazed at all the death and destruction around her.  What happened here?  It reminded her of the time when...No, now's not the time to think about that.  She forced her mind back to the situation at hand.

"Well if we find anything useful we could always use another body to help haul it back to the shuttle.  Whatever.  I'm not particularly keen on dividing half my attention to watching him when there seem to be plenty of potential predators around."  She fashioned a pair of makeshift holsters out of a belt and practiced drawing her two blaster carbines out from them.  Not too bad, she thought.  Along with the four extra power packs in her pocket, she was as ready as she could be for any potential threats.  She turned to her droid, "What's the area look like?"

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2009, 10:11 »

"That >>scum<<, par excellance, is not bad with blasters. Short blasters, more precisely.", barked West in response.
"And I am afraid that we lack chains long and thick enough to have anything choking on them, so blasters must be sufficent..."

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2009, 12:49 »

The dark trooper laughed coldly, removing the shackles from the rebel's arms. "Well, good luck finding one around here that still works. If you were thinking I'd give you one of mine... my brain hasn't needed replacing yet. Keep dreaming," he replied. "Of course, you try anything funny and I'll summarily rip your arms. Now, if you were so keen to go out and explore... by all means, go ahead," the clone said, taking a few steps back and motioning with his hand at the fungal jungle surrounding them.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2009, 14:55 »

The Rebel stood up from the seat, massaging hurt wirsts.
"Well, they ain't need no ripping, thanks. Another few hours in those bloody shackles and I would be harmless already.", he hissed.

Wasting no time, he roamed down the ramp, breathing deeply. The leg ceased to work and the rebel fell down on the bloodied soil.

"Air... Fresh air... Oh my...", whispered Vince in reprieve, trying to get up, yet somehow willing to lie in the green grass. "I forgot the taste of it already."
Then, he decided to examine the former battlefield, bodies, wrecks. Just in case someone left there something still working after all those years. He hoped that it was true officers' weapons were not made of cheap materials...

Vince was no medic, but he tried to guess the reason of the mess around.

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2009, 14:59 »

From inside the shuttle, you heard the long litany of profanities, definitely put up by Skye. Soon, your pilot approached you on the ramp. She was just in her t-shirt... Apparently, Felucia was to hot to wear thick, grey imperial uniform jacket. Judging by the look of her face, she was not bringing good news.
'Well, it appears that we are not going to Coruscant any time soon' she muttered. 'Given enough time, I could fix main drives... But to jump to hyperspace, I'd need an working Kuat INT32 or INT33 motivator. They are as widespread as twin ion engines, or stupidity... But in civilized places.'
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2009, 15:11 »

"Oh bummer.", said West, half due to recent problems, half due to a pretty stunning look of their pilot's. She definitely had it.

"And if we had only main drives fixed, wouldn't we try finding some civilized place to get parts we lack ?", he proposed. "Damn, if I didn't leave my starmaps on Canceron..."

Of course, "finding some civilized place" was a delicious opportunity to somehow disappear in the crowd, but that he did not say.
Maybe I'd find some contact there. Or I'd make some... ? Half-bionic imperial dark troopers make good slaves, after all. And the woman... She said something about The Force. Can this be possible that the Twi'lek is a Jedi ?...
Finding nothing of interest in the grass, he lied down on the ramp, staring at the sky above and pondering.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2009, 16:02 »

"I'm pretty sure the shuttle interior is as civilised a place as we're going to find on Felucia," CX pointed out, always eager to rain on everyone's parade. "Granted, there's always the possibility of finding some black market post somewhere on the planet, but I doubt they'd give us the parts we'd need without us having to put down all of your vital organs and those of three generations of your future descendants as a down payment," he informed the rebel, calmly shouldering the repeating blaster.

"Our best bet at the moment is to find an LAAT or some such in good condition, or perhaps a larger ship with its hyperdrive still in one piece. I spotted a Sep core ship while we were landing, it's as good a place to start as any."

At this point, he turned to the pilot. "Any chance you could put this thing to hover with just the repulsor systems for an extended period of time? Keeping it on the ground and open around here isn't exactly the best long-term plan."
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 16, 2009, 10:47 »

'Black market post?' Skye looked intrigued. 'That would explain it... You see, during our descent, shuttle sensors picked up some energy readings that surely were not emitted by anything alive. In fact, it looked like of some kind generator, or something. Anyway, we... could... change the ship hyperdrive to a salvaged one, but it would take a lot of effort. And we could always strike 'blaster in his face' kind of deal with blackmarkteres.'

She turned towards the titanic shell of core ship visible in the distance.

'One way or another' she added 'we need to know where we can find this... trading post, if it exists. And, well, such ships as this wreck used to have a very reliable and robust sensors, so you could possibly use them to find out, while on search for the hyper drive. And, after all, it is kind of big, so from atop of it, you could just mark one eyeball.'

'And, well, about hovering... No way. Those repulsors are weak, and I don't want to damage them. I'll just shut the ramp, when you leave. And, honestly, I've never heard of animal that can rip through durasteel, so there is no danger. I'd be more concerned about flying away.'
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 11:41 by Gargulec »

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2009, 14:46 »

"Well, I'd rather not risk seeing what a rancor might do to the shuttle, all the same... but I suppose we should check out that ship wreck, and get a lay of the land while we're at it," CX said. "Can that droid of yours point us in the general direction?" he asked Fathima, then turned to Skye, "or, for that matter, could the shuttle's sensors do that? I've a commlink we can use to keep in touch if it becomes necessary."

Journey

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2009, 18:05 »

Fathima resisted to urge to scratch her scalp.  Moisture was starting to accumulate under the blonde wig she was wearing over her natural black hair - her current disguise was not prepared with this kind of environment in mind.  She considered what her companions had said.

"Skye, how sure are you about those energy readings?  If there is a black market out there, it's probably much more likely to have a working motivator than a wreck that's been out there for ages.  Anyways, my droid wasn't able to pinpoint anything useful in this messy environment, but I'll ask it to keep trying.  I'll be right back."

Fathima returned to the shuttle to grab a very compact backpack and placed in it a canteen with a liter of water and some rations, along with the multitool and datapad she was carrying.  She stopped by the refresher to check herself in the mirror, confirming her fears.  There was a small wrinkle on her facial prosthetics, which she now fixed by reattaching the piece, with extra adhesive.  More time in the humid environment probably wouldn't do her ersatz visage any good.  If her companions noticed, how would she explain things?  Well, she would deal with it when the time came.  She stepped back out of the shuttle once more to rejoin the group and called to the trooper.

"Hey, I'm tired of watching the rebel.  Mind switching our prisoners for awhile?  A little variety will help break up the monotony to avoid complacency."

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2009, 10:24 »

"You decided to take him off the prison ship, you look after him. My orders are to make sure my prisoner reaches Coruscant in one piece, I'm not going to trust anyone else with that duty unless I have absolutely no other choice," CX replied with a shrug. "Also, if we're marching out, we'll need to either leave some supplies at the shuttle," he added, then turned to Skye, "unless you plan to come with us. At any rate... probably finding something that won't kill us as soon as we eat or drink it should be a priority alongside finding components for a hyperdrive. If that droid," he turned to Fathima again, "has any medical scanners, maybe it could at least check what we find for potential health hazards."

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2009, 10:34 »

The Jedi looked at Fathima packing her gear.

'It seems likely, that we will need more supplies than a litter of water and a few rations...' she spoke quietly. 'This core ship... it may not be that far away, but is jungle that separate us from it- hardly a landscape for swift movment. If I could say something, I'd insist that we brace ourselves for journey two or three days long.

Journey

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2009, 09:25 »

Fathima sighed at the new information, then spoke, "C'mon, rebel - time to pull your weight."  When he seemed reluctant to follow her, she grabbed him by the wrist and dragged him back to the shuttle to the cargo hold, away from the others.  Though one would not expect such a small lady to have the strength to drag someone around, she was well versed in the location of pressure points and knew how to use them.

The two disappeared back into the shuttle, then re-emerged moments later, the rebel now also carrying a much larger backpack.  Fathima pulled out a fancy-looking canteen and held it out in the air for a few moments, then unscrewed the top and looked inside.  She smiled when she found that it was functioning the way it was designed, probably for the first time since this whole adventure began.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 09:38 by Journey »

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2009, 16:06 »

And so you set off.

CX was leading the way- he was the only one to ever before visit Felucia, and even if he did not have any fond memories of it, he would be the only one to have any idea what to do, and where to go.

Soon, you entered thick mushroom jungle. Almost no sunlight was getting past the gargantuan caps, so you marched in twilight. It was an... uncanny experience. Bizarre animals were watching from a safe distance, and you had no idea, if they were going to attack, or just observe. And there were no silence, no tranquillity. The sounds emitted by flora and fauna alike filled the air with with sounds so alien... More than a few times, you saw signs of passage made by beings that could only be described as huge. And judging by the half-eaten, and half-decayed remains of various prey scattered around, not very friendly.

What else should be mentioned? Large insects buzzing around your heads? The stench of decaying tissue? Flowers in all known hues?

Indeed, you were able to watch nature in it's true form. Brutal, unforgiving, passionate.

When the small Felucian sun set, you were half-way to your destination. You were all tired, to much too tired continue your journey, so you set up camp on a tiny glade, surrounded by strange, blueish plants. Sadly, none of you had any sort of tent, nor anything to cover yourself, and shield yourselves from the environment.

CX, having no need to sleep, took the watch, as rest of you tried to make yourselves as comfortable as possible on the mushy ground.

In the morning, you were all badly thirsty and hungry, but, thankfully, nothing worse happened to you... until Vince vomited all he had in his stomach, mixed with some blood, that is. Apparently, he got bitten by something, and hence the effects.

Heavy, tropical rain then started.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 03:55 by Gargulec »

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2009, 22:11 »

"So, how did you like your first day on Felucia?" CX asked, not without some malicious satisfaction in his voice, once Vince had finished retching up what was left of his last meal. "The stuff around here doesn't care much which side you're on, but these," he patted his armour, "help a bit. I hope you're well enough to travel, or at least make it back to the shuttle on your own and try and get some medical attention out of our pilot. I'm sure as Sithspit not wasting valuable medicine on someone who actively tried to overthrow something I gave up two thirds of my body to establish. At least not unless the others speak up on your behalf."

The little lecture done, the clone moved over to check on the Jedi, and then Fathima, if they let him. "This rain's not going to do us any favours... at best it'll turn any natural pathways muddy, at worst we'll have a mudslide on our hands. Best get a move on and find that shipwreck as soon as we can. I recommend eating on the march... and not drinking any caught rainwater straight away. That stuff generally ran down a few fungal caps to get here and picked up who knows what on the way. If you or the droid have any means of purifying water..."

Remembering something, CX turned to Vince again. "You might want to hold off on eating, though, and just focus on your water intake. You won't be able to hold down any solid food, but you'll dehydrate in no time at this rate," he explained helpfully.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 12:41 by Xander Morhaime »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11