Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 12:44
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Returns PBF - In Character  (Read 56877 times)

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
Re: Returns PBF - In Character
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2009, 06:01 »

"Y-yeah...", yelled the Rebel, pushed into the room's corner, covered with a blanket.
"It... it's so... c-cold... in here..."

It looked like he'll not make it overnight. He was hideously pale, his eyes totally bloodshot, his body shaking and sweating. The odor of spew was hard to bear. There was a big red stain on man's neck - definitely a mark of some nasty bite.
He pulled out the blaster and raised it, clutching it weakly by the barrel.

"M... Miss...", he called Fathima. "This belongs to y-you..."

His muscles were too exhausted to hold it, so the weapon (protected and unloaded before, luckily) fell to the ground with a thudding noise.

"How about... a de-deal ?", he spoke after a while. "I-if... If we make it to a... b-black... market...", the Rebel coughed heavily for a few seconds.
"If we make... make it... I shall... I shall obtain the w-warp driver... u-unit... for you... I us'd to be a... me-merchant..."

"B-but... The antibiotic... I m-must... Get... Urgh... Get it... N-now..."

Then, the Rebel caught the bucket and vomited inside it.

"If... Eh. If it is... contagious..."

Journey

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2009, 09:15 »

Fathima let the trooper check her over; she hoped she didn't catch whatever was out there, but was on her guard whenever he was examining her face.

Immediately as the rebel dropped her holdout blaster, Fathima grabbed the fallen weapon.  "How did you get that?" she exclaimed, and made a show of patting her pockets, as if she was surprised it was missing.  She continued.  "Never mind.  Trooper, it's definitely not the time to think about sides in the war out there if we want to survive.  An extra pair of eyes and set of hands will probably make a major difference in this hostile environment, and if his claims of being a merchant is true, his skills will come in handy if we meet others and we barter for what we need, especially since we didn't bring many valuable goods with us.  So I think it's best for you to treat him.  You need to survive to complete your mission, right?  My droid back at the shuttle also has another 5 doses we can replenish from when we get back, in any case.  We should also build a shelter to wait out the rains the best we can."

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2009, 13:18 »

'She is right' said the Jedi. 'In our current position, we cannot afford to lose anyone. And letting someone die because of petty prejudices is something that even in the times as dark as today should not be practised, nor even considered.'
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2009, 13:25 »

CX would probably look disheartened if it weren't for the helmet covering his face. "It just seems a waste to use up medicine that's in short supply on someone who'll likely be summarily executed as soon as we reach Coruscant," he pointed out bitterly, taking out his medkit and from there measuring out one dose of antibiotics. "And it's not because of any prejudices," he added in an annoyed tone. "I lost both legs, an arm and most of my internal organs to bring about a new era of peace and stability, and scum like him are already trying to overthrow it. You'd be bitter as well if you were in my place," he explained, while at the same time injecting Vince with the medicine. "Now you make this count, because it'll take a lot more persuading to get me to give you another dose..."
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2009, 13:48 »

Hearing CX speech, the twi'lek laughed. Very bitterly.

'New age of peace and stability?' she smirked. 'This is true only if by peace and stability you understand a 'Sith regime', build by a man, that did not flinch even when he was slaughtering innocent children. And you still believe that destroying our Order was needed, that slaughter you have started was necessary? Maybe you are not aware that Order 66 was issued by the very same person that was commandeering Confederacy Of Independent System? He was know as Darth Sidious... And Chancellor Palpatine'

She paused. When she started speaking again, her voice has changed, and she was not looking at you.

'In the end, you were right, Fay...'

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2009, 14:03 »

"Well, for one, your order and the republic weren't doing a terribly good job of keeping the peace, I should point out. Otherwise we wouldn't have been needed, or indeed even created. However you cut it, you failed to do your assigned duty, and now you're just being sore losers and trying to screw over the ones that got the better of you. And the few Jedi we missed are at the forefront of creating more and more discord. Of course, I suppose that does at least mean there's still a need for me and mine. I wonder, what would your Republic have done with its grand army once the war was over? We're not exactly as easy to smelt down and turn into something useful for peacetime like those gearheads..."

CX shrugged. "We're wasting daylight here. You want to argue politics, we do it at camp or on the march, not standing around idly."
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2009, 14:08 »

"Politics... a-aside, ple-ease... I... I am dying, dammit..."

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2009, 15:09 »

'Most of what you have said, is true' she replied Republic needed a reformation, and so did the Order. But you did not address the most important point- how do you feel, knowing that whole Clone Wars were caused by the very man that pretended to try to save Republic from them?'

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2009, 15:25 »

"Quiet, you. You already got one dose, now stop being a baby and get up, we've still a day's march ahead," the clone growled at Vince, then looked back to the Jedi.

"To you, he started the Clone Wars. To me... he's the reason I'm alive in the first place. And the reason why two thirds of my body is replacement parts at the same time. It's complicated, I suppose. But it's not really about the person... it's about the people. Palpatine created the Empire, and it has worked well up until now. Should he..." the clone trooper hesitated. "I was going to say I'd shoot him myself if it became apparent he wasn't doing the Empire any more favours, but I suppose that's just wishful thinking on my part. At any rate, we're all just gears in the great machine. Now let's get these four gears moving before, or so help me I'll just throw you over my shoulder and continue on my way."

Journey

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2009, 15:35 »

Fathima listened intently to the two as they went back and forth.  She had nothing to say, really, as it was all before her time, but she thought of the destruction she had caused in her previous "career", and reflected.  No, I don't think I'm proud of what I've done...

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2009, 15:49 »

Thankfully, the rain ceased soon after you left your glade. It was, however, intense enough to change all pathways through the jungle into small rivers of mud which, along with Vince being barely able to walk, made you travel at much slower pace.

Somewhere in the middle of the way, you were contacted by Skye via commlink. Judging by her voice, she was rather tired.

'In case you're still alive, I have some news for you' she said. 'I opened up the engine, and started the repairs. Not an easy task, but I will be able to finish it in a few days, with the little help of this droid. That's one. And second thing is that the long range scanners of this shuttle has picked up something big, size of a frigate at least, entering the atmosphere seven hundred clicks north from my position. I don't know if it is imperial, and I'm not particularly keen on contacting it. Also, sergeant, there is something I think you should see. Check your datapad. Skye out.'
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 16:07 by Gargulec »

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 22, 2009, 16:07 »

CX took out his commlink when he heard the signal of an incoming transmission. He listened to it patiently, not stopping, just forging on ahead and clearing the path as necessary with the help of his vibroblade.

"I wouldn't expect pursuit just yet - we've only been here a short time and with our drive failing, I doubt anyone expected us to come here," he replied after Skye had finished. "Still, monitor their transmissions if you can, and maintain radio silence while possible. Whoever they are, I doubt they'll take kindly to us. Keep up the good work," he said, then ended the transmission, stowing his commlink away and instead taking out the datapad to see just what it was that Skye had meant.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2010, 08:27 »

Before you could start your march again, a faint sound was heard, some kind of rustle. CX turned around to see what caused it...

Then it started. Before anyone could react, a large, greyish creature leaped from the mushrooms, overwhelming Fathima. Blood sprayed everywhere as it tore the woman's jugular. Worse still, you could clearly hear howls and growls from behind your back. Closing in very fast...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 08:35 by Gargulec »

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2010, 15:15 »

"Sithspit... AMBUSH!" CX shouted, though rather than open fire on the creature that had killed Fathima, he whirled and sprayed a burst of automatic fire from the repeater at the charging beasts instead, reasoning that maybe, just maybe, the other one would be happy with its catch long enough for him to dispatch its mates before joining in the fray properly.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2010, 08:32 »

"Damn !", drawled Vince. "Fathima !"
Seeing no chances of saving his fellow, he quickly glanced around, seeking a safe path to escape the field.

"Oh. This is not exactly what I was looking for..."

Seeing the blaster lying few steps away, dropped by the woman when a beast had killed her, the rebel dashed towards the weapon and grabbed it, holding tightly.

"Dance for me, bitch !", he taunted and pulled the trigger, aiming at the nearest creature - the one finishing its meal.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11