Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 04:10
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New monster ideas  (Read 5151 times)

TheDarkArchon

• Backer
  • Private FC
    • View Profile
New monster ideas
« on: October 30, 2005, 02:00 »

Would it be possible of any of the monster resource WAD monster go get into DoomRL

The most ideal ones, IMO.

Cacolich - - similar health to a Cacodemon - At long range it fires a green and yellow fire ball, similar to the cacodemons ball but in close range, it uses a rapid flame attack, the flames of which look similar in colour to the ball.

Dark imp - - Roughly twice as durable as an imp - fires one of two balls. 1st ball is essentially a weaker version of the cacodemon attack and the other a stronger ball which pushes back the player.

Stone Imp - - Roughly twice as durable as a pinky demon - Imp with a lot of health  and powerful melee attack in exchange for no ranged attack and speed.

Mauler Demon - - Same health as a demon - A regular demon in most aspects but with one difference: It charges at you when the player is far away from it.

Warrior Imp - - About the same health as a demon - The MRW one has so many different attack that an as is implementation would be impratical. Instead, I propose 3 attacks. 1st is that it fires a etheral red skull at long range (Slightly stronger than imp ball), 2nd is a strike with the mace at close range (More powerful than a standard imp attack) and third is also long range and it spawns a small dragon, which is weak, fairly slow, airbourne and has a weak flame attack at 2 unit range.

TheDarkArchon

• Backer
  • Private FC
    • View Profile
New monster ideas
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 02:11 »

Sorry about the double post, but I forgot about the Former Humans wad with the MRW and editing doesn't seem to work

Former Chainsaw Guy - - Similar health to the Former Human - It's a former human with a chainsaw. What more can I say?

Former Marine - - More HP than any previous Former Human - Recently possed marine. Has a plasma gun

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
New monster ideas
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 20:58 »

The philosophy behind DoomRL monsters as well as Weapons is that each is supposed to be as different as possible from the others. Currently (until I implement all original monsters) I won't implement any non-original ones. Wether I do that in the future, remains an open question. For sure they would have to be definitively tactically different from the other ones.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Obscillesk

• Corporal
    • View Profile
New monster ideas
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 22:21 »

Hah, wheres the pain elementals, as well as Revenants?  If fighting a pain elemental isn't different, I dunno what is :)

Or have I just not hit a high enough level? :P

jake250

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.starforces.fr.st
New monster ideas
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 22:47 »

You are talking about the original doom 2 monsters, which will be added (it as been said somewhere else).

JimmyJ

• Major
  • Integrated Circuit
    • View Profile
New monster ideas
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 02:51 »

Yes, they'll be added, although a couple already are (chaingunner)
Howdy.
Pages: [1]