Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 04:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: New Traits  (Read 9958 times)

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
Re: New Traits
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2009, 15:20 »

I think you have to be doing upwards of 17 damage to break walls, and I think only the Fire type of damage will work... I know it has to be explosive, whatever it is...

Hmm, does the BFG still fry walls?
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.

sorear

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2009, 15:24 »

Normal walls have 15 armor and 20 hp.  Plasma, fire, and acid attacks are capable of damaging walls if they do more than 15 damage; other damage types have no effect.  Once you're doing damage at all, you need to accumulate 20 damage before the wall falls down.  I would imagine Breakdown as just relaxing the damage type restriction - your melee attacks can damage terrain despite doing physical damage.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2009, 00:21 »

sorear, that would be correct if the the algo wouldn't be bugged. Tile HP is happily ignored currently.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Journey

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2009, 12:52 »

Gun Spirit (Master Trait)
Requires: Son of a Gun 3, Son of a Bitch 3
Blocks: Finesse, Reloader, Dualgunner (keep in mind no dualgunner is a huge hit!)

Makes pistol rounds act like railgun shots (penetrate targets to hit enemies beyond the first in the line of fire), and knockback as if damage was 3 points higher (without an additional damage bonus).

Having put all one's focus into communion with the gun, one can imbue the bullets with a piece of your will, allowing them to move with unnatural force.  But to preserve this union, no distractions can be allowed to interfere.  No other guns (dualgunner), no other tricks (fast firing Finesse, fast reloading Reloader).

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2009, 01:03 »

Blocks: Finesse, Reloader, Dualgunner (keep in mind no dualgunner is a huge hit!)

Makes pistol rounds act like railgun shots (penetrate targets to hit enemies beyond the first in the line of fire), and knockback as if damage was 3 points higher (without an additional damage bonus).

Having put all one's focus into communion with the gun, one can imbue the bullets with a piece of your will, allowing them to move with unnatural force.  But to preserve this union, no distractions can be allowed to interfere.  No other guns (dualgunner), no other tricks (fast firing Finesse, fast reloading Reloader).

intruiguing.
I like it. Penetration is always fun. (that's what she said)
<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
  • Men are from Mars, Women are from Snickers
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2009, 02:18 »

Somehow it seems to easy to get. And everyone would pick it, that's a definite game ender. Gun spirit should block Ironman, Tough as Nails and Dualgunner. That would at least make you more vulnerable.
Ludzie, którzy piją, są dla mnie niczym...

... niczym bracia!

Thomas

• DoomRL Wiki and Testing Ops
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Major General
  • How's it going?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2009, 06:41 »

Somehow it seems to easy to get. And everyone would pick it, that's a definite game ender. Gun spirit should block Ironman, Tough as Nails and Dualgunner. That would at least make you more vulnerable.

Uh, what? The reason it's so powerful is because it gives you pretty-much-guaranteed knockback, thus making you almost unstoppable while firing around corners. Finesse and reloader would remove all chance of an enemy managing to outrun your knockback, which is why they were blocked instead.
Arch-Vile Chaos Major Thomas
[26/26/26/25/9/1]
Medals: 35/43 Specials: 69/67 Assemblies: 36/40

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2009, 07:21 »

Allowing *only* the rail effect this might be balanced.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2009, 08:17 »

I'll give it a try later, see if it works right. I think (not certain yet)

1) Rail effects count as plasma damage.
2) Rail effects slash through enemies in a straight line until it hits an enemy it can't kill, who then receives knockback.

Kornel, which fire type is Railgun shot? I can't find it anymore...

This is only for pistols, right?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 09:40 by raekuul »
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.

Sylph

• Elder
  • Major
  • Galaxy Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2009, 08:41 »

Allowing them to penetrate enemies would probably be balanced provided the trait didnt work with unique pistols, and didnt give a knockback bonus, of course.
There are so many unique pistols, I think they have to be factored into the balance of a pistol trait - you find a unique pistol in perhaps 1 out of 3 games.
Badges:
DRL:26 22 22 19 13 6
  JH:15 13 11   7   2

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2009, 08:52 »

Good idea of weapon spirit, I don't think that it's not balanced. If you have maximum of 2 squares knockback, it wouldn't make enemies don't appear near you. And DG isn't much a loss, I once took SoaG as starting trait and a blaster appeared at lvl1. No MGK, so I really took SoaG3+SoaB3. Died stupidly by a Arachno trap, but a ordinary enemy pack wouldn't take it.

The Master
Req:EE3+Mtrait

You're the true Master. If you have a master trait, you can have another. Block requirements are ignored for your current trait, and 1 of the blocked traits of any master trait is ignored too. Maybe unbalanced.
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

drugon

• Elder
  • Sergeant
  • Adventure-seeker @ in the Cyber Dungeon quest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2009, 12:56 »

For now there are too many rockets, that you just don't use. So what do you think about implemention of trait that (like in "Gunman Chronicles") will allow you to make grenades from rockets (will be act like shot with Revenant's Launcher, but 4d4), but with possibility that rocket may blows up in your hands while you convert it to grenade (like in "SoulFu")?
[BB|SB|GB|PB|DB] 0.9.9.7
[15|05|03|00|00]

If somebody will find grammar mistakes in my posts, please tell me. It's important to improve my English!
Pages: 1 [2]  All