Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 02:44
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Zombies Ate My Neighbors Mod  (Read 4699 times)

samspot

• Elder
  • Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Zombies Ate My Neighbors Mod
« on: December 17, 2009, 09:54 »

I saw Thomas' idea to do this mod in the locked topic and I wanted to reply so here it is :)

I think the starting point for this mod would be really simple.  ZAMN is basically a roguelike already.  Here are my thoughts:

• Music - The easiest part of DoomRL to change, the music also has the greatest impact, especially since we are using ascii for graphics.  If you were to replace the doom music with the ZAMN soundtrack and just play doomRL, it would already go a long way towards making you feel like you were playing zombies
  • Neighbors - Create a new 'unique' item called Cheerleader.  Put 10 in every level and make them destroyable by any projectiles passing through, as well as explosions from imps and cacodemons.  Figure out how to make the stairs only appear after all the cheerleaders are gone, and a way to keep track of the number still alive.  I've probably seen more uniques blown up than i've collected in doomRL, so this should be a good challenge.
  • Use nightmare mode to make everything respawn all the time :)

Bam!  You've got an early passable version of Zombies.  Going forward is more design than it is programming, assuming it's not too hard to add your own monsters and items.
Pages: [1]