Chaosforge Forum

• April 18, 2024, 01:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Blasting ammo  (Read 3132 times)

drugon

• Elder
  • Sergeant
  • Adventure-seeker @ in the Cyber Dungeon quest!
    • View Profile
Blasting ammo
« on: December 22, 2009, 12:43 »

As you know rounds keep some gunpowder. So it's pretty strange, that ammo just disappear when something near blows up. Especially rockets. If box of ammo blows up bullets should fuzzing right and left. What are you thinking about this?
[BB|SB|GB|PB|DB] 0.9.9.7
[15|05|03|00|00]

If somebody will find grammar mistakes in my posts, please tell me. It's important to improve my English!

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
  • Men are from Mars, Women are from Snickers
    • View Profile
Re: Blasting ammo
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 14:14 »

Imagine blowing up BFG.

Or a nuclear weapon.

You have your answer [; However, this could be made into an Angel of Realism challenge [;
Ludzie, którzy piją, są dla mnie niczym...

... niczym bracia!

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 14:18 »

Well, it never happened in Doom. Not that that means it's not an option.

You could rationalize that in the future they're packaging ammo SO much better that it just won't explode unless fired from a weapon. Perhaps they're not even using powder anymore. o.O

On the other hand, I agree, there are instances where I've dropped a stack of rockets into lava and waited for the explosion...with nothing happen.
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

bfg9001

• Elder
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 14:20 »

On the other hand, I agree, there are instances where I've dropped a stack of rockets into lava and waited for the explosion...with nothing happen.

That would be a nice little touch, actually.

drugon

• Elder
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 16:02 »

Melon
Not necessary. As I know, nuclear bombs have protection system from accidental detonation. So, maybe BFG 9000 and other energetic weapons have some kind of protection also. ^_^ Further I said about gunpowder and rocket ammo first of all.

Tavana
Well, in "Doom" you could bring whole arsenal with you, but couldn't pick up any medkits. Only use it, there it lies. I think, you'll agree, that "Doom" wasn't too realistic game. But "DoomRL" seems more realistic at least for me. I can't say that inexplosive ammo jar me, but why not to to implement it (I know why - cause it will cost time and strength for Kornel and Chaos Forge team. ^_^ But except of that?)?
[BB|SB|GB|PB|DB] 0.9.9.7
[15|05|03|00|00]

If somebody will find grammar mistakes in my posts, please tell me. It's important to improve my English!

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 01:03 »

More to the point for me: why do we want games to be realistic? It's a GAME. =P Yes, there are some things we'd like to be realistic, but come on here. We're shooting down the horde of hell in order to get to a CYBERDEMON!
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

Sylph

• Elder
  • Major
  • Galaxy Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 02:01 »

This would be an interesting master trait for the rocket launcher...
Badges:
DRL:26 22 22 19 13 6
  JH:15 13 11   7   2

drugon

• Elder
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 08:27 »

Tavana
Well, I think this feature could add more tactics and fun to game. But ammo shouldn't blasting every time. Even shouldn't be destroyed after each explosion nearby (for now, it's hard to play with rocket launcher as basic weapon, cause it easily destroys not only enemies but equipment also).
[BB|SB|GB|PB|DB] 0.9.9.7
[15|05|03|00|00]

Pages: [1]