Chaosforge Forum

• April 19, 2024, 22:23
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Question about nightmare regeneration time and turns passed...  (Read 1870 times)

Sylph

• Elder
  • Major
  • Galaxy Angel
    • View Profile

I've just got a quick question here - does the amount of time spent on a level have an effect on the chances that an enemy will regenerate on nightmare?
I've noticed that monster can sometimes lie dead for a good while, but after I've passed a thousand turns or more, an entire room of dead monsters will all get up at the same time, a few seconds after they last regenerated, making it impossible to do anything but 'running mode' through and take a beating...

Can anyone verify this behaviour?
Badges:
DRL:26 22 22 19 13 6
  JH:15 13 11   7   2

sorear

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Question about nightmare regeneration time and turns passed...
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 23:06 »

Every 10 seconds spent on a level on Nightmare!, you get a chance for monsters to respawn.  Each monster independantly gets a chance to revive on the 10-second intervals; the chance of revival is initially 10% per 10 second interval, and increases by 1% per 100 seconds spent on the level.  After 9000 seconds have elapsed, monsters always revive at every 10 second mark.  No revival can occur if the square is occupied by a monster.

Sylph

• Elder
  • Major
  • Galaxy Angel
    • View Profile
Re: Question about nightmare regeneration time and turns passed...
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 07:06 »

Cheers for that! This is probably why I'm finding nightmare so unbelievably difficult compared to ultra violence - my wait command is set to wait 1000 turns... :)
Badges:
DRL:26 22 22 19 13 6
  JH:15 13 11   7   2
Pages: [1]