Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 13:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Forlorn Hope - OOC Info & Character Sheets  (Read 13197 times)

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
Forlorn Hope - OOC Info & Character Sheets
« on: December 31, 2009, 10:56 »

A bit of historical background:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A note on technology:

Further Information of Note:

Ammunition Types:

Payload Types:

Current Mission Map:

« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 14:58 by Xander Morhaime »
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
Re: Forlorn Hope - OOC Info & Character Sheets
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 04:13 »

Setting-Specific Weapons:

Small Arms:

Heavy Weapons:

Energy Weapons:

12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 10:39 »

Additional Equipment:

Shields & Power Cells:

Body Armour:

Explosives:

Other Equipment:

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 17:17 »

"I'm Roshal, mustered out of the WEC MilOps after two long terms of service there as an infantryman.  Don't get me wrong man; I loved my job, hard as it was throughout all the campaigns and such, but after having to follow order after order of keeping honest folks silent about what the Consortium wanted, I wanted out, I just wanted out.  Can't get good sleep at night for the last few years.  Could've left earlier, but hell, I needed those benefits... times are hard to eke out a living these days, especially if you're not exactly a whole-hearted WEC supporter nor one of those socialites who hang around the WEC elite.  Luckily, I've got some old friends out there who de-mobbed earlier than me, and they've rigged me with a job as a worker building machine parts at a factory.  Can't say I like that job -- damn pay sucks -- but at least it's honest.  But after a while, it gets a little monotonous -- damn bag of bones crave for some action.  Same friends who rigged me with the job told me later about some underground Resistance going on, trying to wrest some control away from the bloated WEC.  I heard those folks are doing the whole guerilla thing, you know, fighting from the shadows, but they ain't exactly got a lot of people doing the right thing.  Well, I suppose a former MilOps Corporal can at least do something different instead of sitting around machining parts all day."

Character data:

[Ed: Updated based on new equipment.]
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 19:17 by thelaptop »
I computed, therefore I was.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 15:43 »

Matt "Mad" DeReeve

"Mad" used to be the lead guitarist of a popular around common citizens progressive rock band called "The Deranged". Unfortunately, being a rocker these days isn't easy at all. WEC is actually watching every your move, seeking for any one word of sympathy for resistance in your songs and performances.
The Deranged were under the scope since their early beginnings - they started off with a smashing debut song "Through the Streets of Babylon" at The RagnaRock 2184 festival, quickly becoming well-known around.
Mad himself never was a WEC well-wisher. It can't be otherwise when you are watching since early childhood how your parents are overdrived in an arms factory. This bitterness has found an escape in The Deranged's texts. No wonder that MilOps men were willing to get young DeReeve - he is hiding since they have visited his apartment with an order to arrest him. It's a miracle he actually managed to escape the raid. And after publishing the song "Slaying the Tzar" being a flagrant critique of the government, Matthew is a criminal, and a criminal wanted dead. Luckily, he somehow managed to survive for a few years with a prize over his head.
But good luck is never constant. Somebody had been paid for an information about the band and the rest of the crew got slaughtered while they were playing in some bar on friday evening. This is why Mad has joined the Rebels - to avenge his parents driven to martyrdom, his friends slain, his ideals he saw raped.

Spoiler: Mechanic (click to show/hide)

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 16:14 »

A small closing note, aside from matters currently being discussed with Silhar:

If you'd be so kind as to add a level of Gun Combat (slug pistol), as well as Explosives 0 if you don't already have it, to represent basic training in weapon use and the use of standard explosives such as DetPacks.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 07:20 by Xander Morhaime »

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 02:20 »

Ech!  I have only 2.1k after taxes.  That's harsh!

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 02:28 »

Well, the 90% tax rate was mentioned at the start...

Don't worry, there'll be opportunities to pick up more cash along the way.

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 17:58 »

If you'd be so kind as to add a level of Gun Combat (slug pistol), as well as Explosives 0 if you don't already have it, to represent basic training in weapon use and the use of standard explosives such as DetPacks.
Was that directed at Silhar or me?

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 18:40 »

Everyone with a character in the game.

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 19:46 »

Done.

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 17:27 »

Viggo Bearson

Whatever you have seen, I've seen it for a thousand times. And don't try to prove me wrong, kid.

You know, there are some places in this world one would call a 'hellhole'. Overcrowded, constantly in state of starvation or plague, forgotten by everyone, even WEC... at times, that is. I hail from one of these. To survive there, you need to be tough and smart. For if you're not, then only God can save you, and even He not always.

Well I was both tough and smart, and hell, I still am. So I thrived. Killed a few people, maimed more. Blew some stuff up. Good times. But it was still Middle East. Still a hell-hole. But I have drawn attention of those infinitely greater that I am by all those petty acts of wanton destruction.

WhenWEC recruiters came to me, I thought that I have earned my passage to heaven. In a manner, I did, for I was drafted to the air forces. Ha! They gave me big guns, and a freedom to use them on living targets. Some resistance folks at first. Good times.

They have, however, issued way to many orders. In the place I was born, there was no ruler. No government. Nothing, just you. Having to fight for your life daily was a good price for it, and if you think otherwise, go back to your safe and pleasant hell, for I have no interest in talking with you. Real life is gritty, full of death and joy. None of it exists within WEC. But I did not realize what it back when I enlisted. I was young and stupid, after all.

I think that I have noticed that there is something wrong with my life when a particularly vengeful Resistance unit caught my unit in an ambush. It was a bloodbath, I am telling you. Made me feel that I am alive as never before.

It did not end up well, though. My squad was wiped out to the men, and I got shot in the head. Yes, I was surprised to survive too. It would appear that man stubborn enough can survive about anything.

Well, after that I was sent on a very early retirement- it took me a good few years to return to a decent shape. But, I must admit, that this whole pointless ambush with more than hundred pointless lives lost opened my eyes a bit. As I said, this world is a false one, and WEC is crucial to keeping it as false as it is. So, well, it appears to be a good idea to bring WEC down. So I have joined the Resistance. You're a bunch of a reasonable folks, I must admit. Maybe you will even achieve something, someday. We will see. I am not young any more, but I am not going to pass away from mortal realm soon. I want to see this world collapsing into chaos.

And if the Resistance don't cause it, then, hell, someone else will. And will do anything to help him.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 16:16 by Gargulec »
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Natiliana

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2010, 21:51 »

Ira

Born to a drunk mother and an incompetent father, Ira was slow to learn of life; afflicted with grievous harm from her mother's unabated alcoholism during pregnancy.
Brought through life by a repentant act of self-sacrifice from her dying mother, she sold out herself to attempt to repair the damage inflicted upon her daughter; in her dying days, she educated her child with simple distinctions between right and wrong; when the woman passed on, Ira was left to fend for herself.
Easily swept away by corporate propaganda, she quickly joined what she believed was the good fight; having almost nowhere left to turn.
After many years she failed to realize what was truly happening; her uneducated idealism leading her astray at many turns, but through pure luck; she was set upon by a rebellious sort, this left her in a state of doubt; after asking some penetrative questions and being turned away; she came to realize the world was not as black and white as her mother painted.
Ignoring her fear and sense of preservation; she did what she felt was right, desert.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 16:55 by Natiliana »

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 23:53 »

lol at 1x chewing out by quartermaster.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

Nicely played.  (=

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 02:26 »

Natiliana: You seem to have forgotten about that.  It's considered basic training for everyone.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 02:47 by thelaptop »
Pages: [1] 2  All