Chaosforge Forum

• April 19, 2024, 07:34
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Decoy bonuses  (Read 3737 times)

Przecinek

• Private
    • View Profile
Decoy bonuses
« on: June 23, 2006, 12:48 »

Hi, from what i remember, DoomRL needs more traps that just levers, but also some decoy traps that trigger spawning of monsters when taken.
I mean small medkit could spawn two former humans, but geting invincibility should spawn 100 of demons. This way you would have to act quickly and kill most of them before powerup drains out. At least thats how i remembered the purpose of such super-power ups in original Doom -> as a excuse to bring more mosters and bloodpill to the game >:}

Magekind

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
Decoy bonuses
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 07:34 »

You are right there, often goodies were made traps in the original Doom as well as later Doom games. And I do agree with this feature, although I also like the levers.

Anticheese

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
Decoy bonuses
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 12:26 »

Trapped Powerups were indeed a neat feature in Doom, But why not stop at simply spawning enemies? Have the walls pop open to admit a minor horde of enemys that will leave behind some stuff in their "home" as they rush out to attack you...

jake250

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.starforces.fr.st
Decoy bonuses
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 03:45 »

Have the walls pop open to admit a minor horde of enemys that will leave behind some stuff in their "home" as they rush out to attack you...
I hate this. It was overused in Doom.

Anticheese

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
Decoy bonuses
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 05:53 »

True, However when used sparingly it could be effective.

By sparingly I mean it.

Aerton

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Decoy bonuses
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 06:56 »

Have the walls pop open to admit a minor horde of enemys that will leave behind some stuff in their "home" as they rush out to attack you...
While I like the idea, I'm afraid it would be clearly obvious when used with DRL level layout. So, simply summoning monster like a certain lever does might be less cool, but more appopriate solution.

Anticheese

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
Decoy bonuses
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 09:09 »

True that, Perhaps it would work if and when DoomRL has support for levels as large as your average TOME dungeon?
Pages: [1]