Chaosforge Forum

• April 16, 2024, 05:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Forlorn Hope - PBF  (Read 62330 times)

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
Re: Forlorn Hope - PBF
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2010, 10:00 »

'Heh... this will be interesting.  I wonder what excuses sarge will say about equipment now...'  Roshal thought to himself as he greeted the newcomer.

"Ahoy there.  We're just getting our gear together."
I computed, therefore I was.

Natiliana

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2010, 10:02 »

"I'm... I guess, where are you going anyway?" asked Ira, "I'm somewhat caught out on equipment; guess that's why they wanted me here... anyways!" the young woman seemed to perk up, "My name is Ira, I trained in Laser pistols and swordsmanship during my pilots commission; only I think that's not going to help us much... but regardless, I'm quite sure I won't be worthless on the ground."
Ira had a cheery smile on her face, hand extended to Roshal in greeting.

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2010, 10:17 »

'And I know how to fire heavy artillery properly, y'know?' the old man sneered.'Anyway, I am Viggo Bearson and I was assigned to you. And told that I will get proper armament here' he added, looking meaningfully towards the quartermaster.
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2010, 10:40 »

Roshal shook Ira's hand firmly and turned to Viggo, giving him a surreptitious and conspiratorial nod.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 10:41 by thelaptop »

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2010, 11:41 »

"Oh boy, it's getting crowded.", sneered Mad, shoving the pistol behind his belt and turning around.
"Good day to everybody. Hell, I'm glad I see you both there.", he said, shaking hands with each of the newcomers. "The name's Matt, but I'm more widely known as Mad. The Deranged, anybody ? Hoped that we get reinforcements. That was quick... Some friends in high places must like us indeed. Or hate YOU.", he added with a grim smile.
"Forget about guns for now - seems like our dear, khe khe, quatermaster isn't at all happy with sharing his stuff... Unless you have some moderate experience with talking to people a bit too eager with their jobs.", he explained, whispering the last part.

Natiliana

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2010, 12:20 »

"Well... I was kind of hoping I'd be liked; I did try very hard to get along with everyone..." Ira scratched the back of her head, "Would it be too much to requsition some more cells for my gun?..." she asked; tone hopeful.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2010, 12:32 »

'The Deranged, The Deranged...' pondered Viggo for a second. 'Nope, never heard of them.'

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2010, 13:45 »

"Your loss, man. Only your loss.", grinned DeReeve. "No, seriously. Nevermind."

"Ira, right ? You know, those guys don't seem to like anyone.", the rocker turned towards the woman. "No need to worry."
Afterwards, he spoke to the quatermaster :
"I know you currently experience... problems... with obtaining demanded equipment. How about if we committed a small... donation... for purpose of further development of armory ?"

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2010, 14:25 »

The quartermaster slamming his hand down on the countertop brought a sudden end to the discussion.

"Roight. Point one. I want to see if you can even turn on the bleedin' DataLinks before I go handing you stuff to level a building with. Point two. Command says to keep stock for a blackout party, I keep stock for one," with that, he dug out another two BA-41s, along with another 10 magazines. "Don't waste it. Point three. I take donations of prime-grade scotch, though I don't expect you'll be able to find any around *this* dump." While he'd been talking, the quartermaster managed to dig out another two tactical uniforms and DataLinks. "Point five. You'd look bloody silly if I gave you your bombs right away and you ran off before I even told you where to plant the bloody things. Turn on your DataLinks and have a look at the building layout our techies have so thoughtfully provided for you."

The screens of the DataLinks presented a rather colourful map as you turned it on.

"You'll find it's helpfully colour-coded, so you'd have to be really thick not to work out what's what. But just to be on the safe side... The red circles are teleport pads. You'll be dropped in on the south one. Yellow circles are power generators, most likely for the elevators. Fragile stuff, generally I'd tell you to shoot any you see, but try to keep this low-profile. Yellow boxes are power control terminals. Again, don't touch them this time around if you can help it. The big light blue bits are elevators. Building staff and security might be using them, so stay on your guard. The small red dots are security cameras, best bet is to shoot them out before they spot you. They're not the best at locking on to moving objects, though, so you might be able to use that to your advantage. That red box is a control console for security systems on the floor. The blue squares are charging stations for servomechs. If you find any using them, take them out while they're offline. Shouldn't be more than a few utility models... Orange squares are the support struts of the building where you need to plant charges. We want the lot of them mined so the thing collapses in on itself, and not over onto any nearby civilian structures. The central struts will take two charges each to properly knock out, the DataLink will contain precise placement instructions."

With the explanation done, the quartermaster reached down, and placed four boxes onto the counter, each containing four squat silvery cylinders with a little control console on top. "BlastPacks. Treat them with respect, or they will blow your arses clear to the Moon. Four each. I *will* be wanting any left-over ones back when you're done."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2010, 11:53 »

Viggo took a long look on the map.
'Okay' he said, raising his head. 'Before we are going to blow this thing to hell and gone, I need to know a few things, if you do not mind. First. Some doors are highlighted yellow instead of just plain grey. I understand that it is not for aesthetics reason? Camers. Do you know how far can they see? Are they IR equipped? Those teleporter pads... how hard would it be to disable them good? I have little experience with this fancy things. And walls. How thick and resistant they? How much firepower would we need to, for example, collapse the elevator room? And, last thing: is mandatory that you drop us in the southern pad? Could not your hackers link us to the middle-right one? It would make our job so much easier.'

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2010, 12:39 »

"We're dropping you in one out of the way because there will be armed guards present, and you don't want to materialise and promptly get shot to hell before you can even draw your gun," the quartermaster explained with a tired sigh. "The doors marked yellow are most likely supplied with some kind of security measure. A code lock or card key reader, probably. I do not recommend trying to disable any teleport pads - you're going to need one to get out, and if one's active, if they suspect something's up, they're going to start bringing special forces in right off the bat."

"As far as the cameras go, I imagine they wouldn't put them where they couldn't cover as much area as possible. The things are automated and pretty dumb, though, and their cycle time is a bit on the slow side, so they shouldn't pose too much trouble. Walls... well, you're not going to be able to get through them with BA-41s, I'd wager. And I've already rigged the BlastPacks to go off simultaneously, so you can't use those for blasting walls, never mind that explosions are going to alert the facility. If the whole building's coming down, it'll be a waste to use more of them just to wreck an elevator. If it really is causing you trouble, there's always those power boxes you could mess with, or shoot out the generators."
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Natiliana

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2010, 01:59 »

Ira nods idly, having suited herself up as the two were talking.
Her current attention was focused on her newly acquired weapon, having hardly handled one before; she seems to have a bit of trouble telling the ends apart.
"So we get in, place the things and get out without raising suspicion..." she looks up after she says this and scans the group, "I think we may have a problem with that."

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2010, 02:25 »

"Hey Ira, you look a little lost with the pistol.  Haven't you had some training before during that boot camp they had with us?"  Roshal said bemusedly as he noticed his team mate's hesitation with the weapon.

"Also," Roshal began half-seriously, "we have a famous enough person in this group to act as bait as the rest of us sneak in.  Problem is, is he willing to be the bait?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 02:37 by thelaptop »

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2010, 04:12 »

"Well, I'm sure you can manage to avoid suspicion if there's nobody left alive to raise the alarm," the quartermaster pointed out.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2010, 04:52 »

"Khe khe, guy, forget 'bout that thing with bait. Just no way. They all'd happily shoot me on sight. There's a reward over my head, remember ?", responded Mad to Roshal's idea, grim facial twitch didn't leave him at all for even a moment. "Those guys are possibly your former colleagues. Why won't YOU act as a bait, eh ?"
This is when he smiled. This was not a pleasant smile.

"Clear. Anything else we should know before we leave ?", he asked after a while, directing his words to the quartermaster and picking blastpacks provided.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13