Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 01:21
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Forlorn Hope - PBF  (Read 61895 times)

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
Re: Forlorn Hope - PBF
« Reply #150 on: May 30, 2010, 07:21 »

'Good girl' whispered Viggo to Ira's ear upon seeing the camera exploding. 'One more left.'
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 12:35 by Gargulec »
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 02, 2010, 18:20 »

"I've sort of a plan.  You'll take the side of the door nearest the switch, and I'll take the other side, using the wall as cover.  When I give the signal, activate the door and be ready to fire like a maniac if they notice us.  If there's only two there, we each take a target; if there's more, well, we're boned either way and just fire at will.  And for goodness sake, remember to take cover and fire this time.  How does this sound?"  Roshal muttered softly to Matt as he inched a little closer to the door
I computed, therefore I was.

Natiliana

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 03, 2010, 01:30 »

lifted by the positive reinforcement and previous success, Ira confidently took aim and fired at the other camera; deftly hoping that the shot found its mark.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 03, 2010, 06:48 »

"Makes enough sense to me."
With these words, Mad does as advised, activating the switch when both he and Roshal are ready on both sides of the door.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 03, 2010, 18:00 »

Ira's shot struck true again, and the second camera blew out in a shower of sparks.

Roshal and Matt took up their positions on either side of the door - when the switch was thrown, the door opened smoothly. The room beyond appeared to be a locker room, with personal lockers lining the east and west walls, and two long benches in front of them. In the middle of the room, off to the right from the door, two guards were talking. One of them must have spotted you lurking behind a door, though, since he shouted out in alarm and reached for his weapon, his partner following suit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 04, 2010, 14:26 »

Mad pulled the trigger, laughing in amok, sending'em as much lead as engineers provided, then hid behind the frame.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 04, 2010, 15:01 »

Laughing wildly didn't quite have the same impact when the weapon you were firing was configured to fire 2-shot bursts, but at least the bullets did their job. The left-hand guard cried out, then collapsed in a heap on the floor. The second pulled his weapon free and fired off a shot at Matt, but missed. Barely. The shot simply knocked a bit of plaster off the wall instead.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 04, 2010, 20:26 »

Roshal takes aim at the second guard from behind the door and pulls his trigger.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 05, 2010, 08:22 »

The guard staggered a moment as the bullets hit him, dropped to his knees, and fell over dead shortly after.

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 08, 2010, 18:19 »

"Sounds like we took both of them out.  Cover me as I sneak in to recce the place," Roshal muttered to Matt as he prepared to sneak into the room they just cleared to make sure that what was dead stayed dead.  And should the coast be clear, they would raid the lockers a little while they could.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 09, 2010, 08:49 »

"Roger.", responded Matt, taking a good, careful look both at the room they came from and the room they didn't reach yet.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 09, 2010, 12:36 »

'Good' said Viggo. 'And now' he added, taking the bag of detpacks in his hand 'please, cover my ass while I do what we are to supposed to do. And that means that you should pay some caution to this teleportation pad. Just in case someone wants to drop in.'

Hastily, he approached the rightmost pillar, and crouching next to it, started planting the explosives.   

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 09, 2010, 14:57 »

The locker room wasn't much to speak of. Aside from the two corpses and the aforementioned furniture, the only other points of note were the doors leading out of the room. One already open, through which you entered; one closed, on the opposite side of the room; another one closed, and fitted with a keycard-lock by the look of it. Searching the room didn't provide much in the way of interesting loot: a total of 22 credits from the two guards, four spare BA-40/41 magazines, plus the two BA-40s the guards had and their ammunition. The lockers, well... they held off-duty clothes, spare pairs of boots, the occasional lunch bag or thermos, someone's firing range trophy, someone else's family photo... hardly anything worth pocketing, unless you were feeling particularly hungry.

Viggo, in the meantime, set to work planting the charge, using the instructions in his DataLink to guide him through it. The instructions were quite clear, pictures and big arrows pointing at important details, and all that stuff. It still took two tries, but eventually he was able to affix the BlastPack to the support pillar and key in the activation sequence. The charge was now armed and awaiting the detonation signal. It took the better part of ten minutes, but it was a dull ten minutes.

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 15, 2010, 18:59 »

"Alright, coast is clear," Roshal mouthed as he beckoned Matt to follow him.  Referring to the map on his DataLink, Roshal found that they were in the room next to their target.

"Okay, let's keep it simple.  Train your firearm at the unopened door in case some loon decides to come in here while I go set up the blast packs," Roshal signalled Matt before heading stealthily towards the door of his objective.

"Damn.  It's keycard locked, and we have no keycard."  Roshal frowned.  "Let's see if the other team has it."

Roshal fiddled with his DataLink and finally got the communicator working, hoping that either Viggo or Ira would be able to hear him from the other side of the installation.

"Roshal here.  We're stuck in front of a carded door without a keycard.  You guys have any luck with getting that to open on your end?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 19:15 by thelaptop »

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 17, 2010, 14:46 »

'I understand' Viggo sighed and consulted the map. Then, he turned towards Ira. 'Take this keycard, give me your weapon and run like hell to Matt and Roshal, open the doors for them and return here as fast as fast as you can, understood?' he ordered. Not waiting for the girl to reply, he spoke to the communicator again. 'Ira will be there in a second with a keycard' he said, returning to planting the charges on the next pillar.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13