Chaosforge Forum

• April 18, 2024, 13:47
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Forlorn Hope - PBF  (Read 62374 times)

Natiliana

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: Forlorn Hope - PBF
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2010, 05:27 »

"Well if there is any degree of sense behind this design..." she fiddles with the weapon a moment longer, before slinging it into her opposing holster; "I'll manage..."
Ira looked up, "Did I miss anything?"

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2010, 10:08 »

'And maybe we should plan this whole action before embarking, right? I'd say that we split up, me with Ira and Lambert with DeReeve. One pair would create enough distraction and wanton destruction for the second to plant the charges without being bothered with such stupid things as security.'
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 10:09 by Gargulec »
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2010, 10:46 »

"Don't you think that a pair would be not enough to eliminate them before the alert sounds ?..."

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2010, 11:01 »

'We are not going to eliminate them before the alarm sounds, we are going to keep them busy until this whole building changes into an pretty ball of fire.'

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2010, 12:07 »

"Poor idea, that," the quartermaster spoke up. "There's no real MilOps presence in the building, but with the teleport pads active, they can bring in reinforcements at the drop of a hat. I don't expect you to raise enough attention that they'd bring in the Red Boys, but even a squad of stormtroopers is not something I'd suggest tackling with right now. Not to mention I doubt you're going to create much destruction with handguns alone. Just take out any guards, servomechs and security systems before they cause a stir, plant the charges and get the hell out. You're lucky they build stuff with walls so thick you'd barely hear a grenade launcher going off in the next room," the man chuckled. "Leastways, that's my advice. But you just do whatever it takes to get the mission objectives accomplished, that's the main thing."
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2010, 14:41 »

'So no planning, just get in, kill everyone and blow the building, right?' a smile appeared on Viggo's face. 'That would also work.'

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2010, 17:38 »

"You mean get in quietly, kill everyone stealthily and blow the building with us safely away.  I think we can do that.  Besides, my blade's getting rusty from the lack of use," Roshal said as he patted his trusty keepsake from his old unit.
I computed, therefore I was.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2010, 19:29 »

"At any rate," the quartermaster said, "that's all you lot are getting out of me this time. Now get out there and get some work done, so *I* can get some proper supplies in."
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Natiliana

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2010, 20:07 »

Ira nodded vehemently, before looking upon the group; "Are we going, then?" she asked, with a hint of hope in her voice.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2010, 03:27 »

"Yeah, let us keep movin' an' deliver some good whoopass, no ?"

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2010, 14:55 »

Mission 1: Radio Silence

After suiting up and dividing the explosives and ammunition among yourselves, you made your way to the teleporter station. The station itself was rather unremarkable, a small room with the teleporter pad in the middle, with windows overlooking on each side. The pad itself was low to the ground, lights steadily blinking on its sides to signify that it was ready to send.

"We're ready for insertion up here, so if you'd step on through," came a voice over the speaker built in over one window.

Taking a deep breath, you stepped onto the teleport pad, one by one. Each time, once your feet touched down onto the pad, a crackling field of energy surrounded you, pulling you elsewhere...

The feeling of displacement passed quickly. You found yourself elsewhere, and remembered to quickly get off the pad to allow your squad mates to come through behind you. The room you now found yourself in looked like storage. The floor was simple bare concrete, the walls looked quite sturdy, panelled with metal grating and lined with shelves, those in turn filled with what looked like boxes of spare electronic components, a couple of pipes running along the ceiling, two basic lamps providing some illumination. The room was narrow but long, with the teleport pad on one end, and a simple door on the far end. It was rather quiet... at least that meant you hadn't tripped any alarms coming in.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2010, 15:01 »

Preparing and raising his weapon, Viggo approached the door on the other side of the room.
'One... two... three!' he muttered silently, checking whether the doors were open. If not, he would try to force them.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 15:17 by Gargulec »

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2010, 15:24 »

There was a simple on-off type panel next to the door. A flip of the switch made the door slide to the side into the wall with a faint hiss.

The room beyond also seemed to be used for storage, though of a different size class of material. It was stacked almost up to the ceiling with large containers - if the labels were to be believed, mostly foodstuffs and such. Almost immediately after the door opened, you heard the soft whirring of a servomotor running as a 'bot rolled past. It was a pretty non-threatening thing, barely waist-height to you, moving on a pair of treads mounted on the sides of a rather blocky central piece, topped with a small column with the sensor cluster and a very basic manipulator arm. Said central arm was presently occupied with pushing a forklift, which in turn was carrying another cargo crate.

At least there seemed to be no guards present... though the high stacks of crates made it impossible to see anything on the other end of the room.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2010, 15:38 »

Not saying a word, Viggo approached the mech carefully not to step into it's sight, and then, positioning himself in the back of it, reached towards it's 'head' and ripped of the cable that connected the machine to it's CPU.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2010, 16:12 »

Viggo managed to sneak up to the 'mech without alerting it and grab the thick cable on its back. Pulling it out was more difficult than at first appeared, and he only managed to partially sever it. Rather than risk getting the machine's attention or have it go out of control, he continued pulling on the cable, suffering some electric burns from contact with the exposed wiring, but managing to pull it off completely. With the vital cable severed, the 'mech's failsafe kicked in and its tracks ground to a halt, stopping it dead, though the wire still sent sparks flying onto the floor.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13