Chaosforge Forum

• March 29, 2024, 09:01
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Forlorn Hope - PBF  (Read 61927 times)

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
Re: Forlorn Hope - PBF
« Reply #180 on: June 29, 2010, 01:04 »

"Hey Viggo," Roshal said over his DataLink, "taking down these two supports enough to bring the structure down?  I recalled there were a few more around and some instruction to try to ensure the structure collapses on itself as much as possible."
I computed, therefore I was.

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 29, 2010, 03:12 »

'Roshal, we still have explosives, and it would be shame to return with them unplanted' replied Viggo dryly over the DataLink. 'And I highly doubt that blowing two supports will be enough.'
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 04, 2010, 17:49 »

"Ah, with all due respect, I'm not here just to run errands," Ira said as she handed over half of her explosives, and set to wiring the other pillar with the other half of her loadout. It took a few moments of looking at the guide in her datalink, but she proved quite competent at setting explosives as well.

That was all the primary support struts sorted - all that remained were the outlying ones before you could leave this place.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 07, 2010, 13:28 »

"Hey Viggo, any plans on which pillar we should go for?" Roshal said to his DataLink as he made his way back to Matt.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 15, 2010, 16:01 »

Planting all the charges seemed to take longer than clearing out all the guards on the floor did... but the task was eventually complete. Once the last charge was set, your datalinks beeped to signal an incoming transmission.

The transmission itself was initially static, at least until the decryption came through. "This is corporal Matthew Curtis speaking. Been tracking your progress, got confirmation now that all charges are set and awaiting detonation, as soon as the lot of you clear out of there. I've commandeered the central teleport pad in the building to extract you, but keeping the channel open is going to attract attention - so I suggest you start running."

Taking the advice, you swiftly made your way back to the central room and, one by one, stepped on the teleport pad, which in turn whisked you away from the site... which had the downside of not being around to see the fireworks, but the upside of not being around for all those explosives to go off in your face.

The captain was waiting for you just past the door to the teleport room when you got back.

"Well done, all around... the WEC will be effectively blind on the network to our activities, which means we can move in more supplies. Of course, we've every intention of kicking them while they're down, but that can wait until tomorrow. Rest up, relax, stop by the aid station if you've any injuries... and be in my office first thing in the morning," the captain ordered.

With that, he left you to your own devices. The base was a bit on the quiet side for the moment, presumably since most of the other teams were still away on their missions.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 15, 2010, 16:05 »

'Good job, people' muttered Viggo, snatching a smoke from his pocket and lighting it. 'Really good job. Ira, girl' he added after a second 'maybe you should go somewhere where they can take care of this wound of yours? Leaving it unattended is one sure way to get something nasty.'[i/]
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 16, 2010, 00:16 »

Wiping the sweat from his brow and taking his helmet down his head, Mad lights a cigarette as well when the squad is finally out from the office.
"Well advised, old man.", he agrees, exhaling the smoke and examining the woman's wound with a shallow glance. "And the rest ? Any plans for such a nice evening ?", the rocker asks afterwards. "I think we might visit our dear, khe khe, quartermaster's office, before we go celebrating our victory. Viggo perhaps demands a replacement for his makeshift bomb. And I wonder if that bastard could unlock a weapon.  So ?"

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 21, 2010, 00:59 »

Roshal removed his helmet and moped his brow too.  "I want something less wimpy than the pistol from the quatermaster."

"Oh and Viggo," Roshal said with a slight sneer, "can you not be the damn hero next time?  Mind your age..."

Natiliana

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 21, 2010, 22:32 »

Ira looked about absently, seeming a little dizzy; a short period of attempted reassertion ended with a dry heave, feeling a mostly exhausted; the woman politely waved to the others as she turned about and attempted to locate the medical ward.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]