Chaosforge Forum

• April 19, 2024, 23:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: I'm a dumb doomguy: Was it 15/10 or 10/15?  (Read 3610 times)

ChaoticJosh

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
I'm a dumb doomguy: Was it 15/10 or 10/15?
« on: February 13, 2010, 21:30 »

It's been awhile since I last played, and I can't remember something.

I know that there's only 25 levels, but I can't remember if it's 15 normal and 10 hell, or 10 normal and 15 hell.

I'm not sure where on the wiki this sort of info would be found, so if someone could answer this question quickly, I'd be very appreciative.

metroidRL

• Sergeant Major
  • Arch-vile major general
    • View Profile
Re: I'm a dumb doomguy: Was it 15/10 or 10/15?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 22:43 »

I know that there's only 25 levels, but I can't remember if it's 15 normal and 10 hell, or 10 normal and 15 hell.

They are 15 normal levels and 10 Hellish levels, of course if you also take the time to count special levels there will be 21 normal levels and 17 hellish level (counting the phobos arena and Hell fortress)
[24]    [20]   [15]  [07]       [03]
Bronze Silver Gold  Platinum  Diamond
Assemblies: 31/40;  Uniques and Exotics: 56/60;  Medals: 26/42.

ChaoticJosh

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 23:50 »

Thanks a bunch. It's a little fact that I should have no problem remembering, but it's always the little stuff that get me.

Another question that seems trivial, so I won't bother creating another thread for it: The plasma shotgun has a radically different schema than every other weapon. Why is this? You can manually aim for every weapon except the plasma shotgun, where the aiming is forcibly rigid and unwieldy for whatever reason. It's somewhat unappealing.

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
  • Men are from Mars, Women are from Snickers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 02:28 »

Thanks a bunch. It's a little fact that I should have no problem remembering, but it's always the little stuff that get me.

Another question that seems trivial, so I won't bother creating another thread for it: The plasma shotgun has a radically different schema than every other weapon. Why is this? You can manually aim for every weapon except the plasma shotgun, where the aiming is forcibly rigid and unwieldy for whatever reason. It's somewhat unappealing.
Like in Contra? :D
Ludzie, którzy piją, są dla mnie niczym...

... niczym bracia!

ChaoticJosh

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 11:28 »

Is that what it is? A shoutout to Contra? I have absolutely no idea, since I never played any of the Contra games.

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
  • Men are from Mars, Women are from Snickers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 15:11 »

Is that what it is? A shoutout to Contra? I have absolutely no idea, since I never played any of the Contra games.
I do not know. I haven't found a plasma shotgun myself yet, but from your description I think it is like in Contra (you can shoot in 8 directions), and since it is a shotgun I might think that is similar to the famous "S"pread gun in Contra.

But it is just my guess, I have to find that weapon myself.
Ludzie, którzy piją, są dla mnie niczym...

... niczym bracia!

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 22:51 »

It's more just the LOS agorithm that's happening there. This will be eventually dealt with in a future release. It's not TOO high priority as it's only one weapon that's grossly affected.
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

ChaoticJosh

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 00:48 »

Thanks, I guess it was just a programming error instead of some obscure homage to a game I never played.

Another question: I've read the beginners guides, authored by Thomas and Sylph IIRC, and they've helped me alot... but I feel I must graduate to Nightmare! difficulty. I say this because I tried it, and find it MUCH more fun than the other difficulties, but I also find it excruciatingly hard. However, I heard that new strategies are required to become good at Nightmare! and I was wondering... are there any guides dedicated exclusively to helping a player get into playing by Nightmare! rules?

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 07:35 »

Thanks, I guess it was just a programming error instead of some obscure homage to a game I never played.

Another question: I've read the beginners guides, authored by Thomas and Sylph IIRC, and they've helped me alot... but I feel I must graduate to Nightmare! difficulty. I say this because I tried it, and find it MUCH more fun than the other difficulties, but I also find it excruciatingly hard. However, I heard that new strategies are required to become good at Nightmare! and I was wondering... are there any guides dedicated exclusively to helping a player get into playing by Nightmare! rules?
No real guides except for one piece of advice: you gotta know when you have killed enough and need to move on.
I computed, therefore I was.
Pages: [1]