Chaosforge Forum

• April 24, 2024, 17:03
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Make Knights&Barons actually KNOW about their immunity  (Read 8224 times)

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Make Knights&Barons actually KNOW about their immunity
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 11:33 »

The simple way to stop doomish argument - declare declaring the thing undoomish undoomish.
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2010, 15:33 »

The simple way to stop doomish argument - declare declaring the thing undoomish undoomish.

Oww oww oww... my brain... it hurts...
I computed, therefore I was.

leonresevil2

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2010, 21:48 »

On the topic of Knights and Barons crossing acid, I do like the 'cost pathing' idea, maybe lower acid to 4. There are small differences in the AI of the enemies, as they tend to have different strategies. Humans run at you shooting dumbly. Sergeants wait out of sight for an ambush. Captains tend to just stand. Commandos roam. Imps chase you, but roam in a circle when they can't see you. Demons run around rooms to try and get to you, sometimes dieing from (legitimate) stupidity (seriously, I love that demons do this, it's fitting). Lost souls hunt you, little roaming, they sometimes pop through a door as soon as it is opened. Cacos roam, keeping at range, as do Mancubi and Revenants. Arachs hunt somewhat like Commandos. Viles keep out of combat, and even resort to distractions and hellspawn-shields. HKs and Barons should behave like kings, leading a charge perhaps, but not chasing mindlessly after the player.

Maybe they should take only 1 point of damage from acid.

Another thing that both HKs and Barons do is picking up EVERY piece of ammo on the ground. It's as if they are OCD. It annoys me, but makes it easy to know when one is around, with all the clacking of ammo being picked up. I don't know if this was intended or not. It is slightly funny seeing an HK explode like a pinata, dumping a ton of ammo when killed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sylph

• Elder
  • Major
  • Galaxy Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2010, 07:02 »

The question is, why would it cost more to a HK or BoH if the ground is acid when they have immunity?  I think that's the gist of what this discussion is about... correct me if I'm wrong here.
Better than the cat/water analogy - imagine a huge patch of nettles - they're not gonna kill you, but that doesn't stop them from hurting if you want through them. Maybe it's the same with barons? Not getting seriously injured by acid doesn't necessarily mean that they'd enjoy a bath in the stuff.
Badges:
DRL:26 22 22 19 13 6
  JH:15 13 11   7   2

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2010, 09:06 »

They are going to hurt you. Acid is not going to hurt barons. Waters is not going to hurt cats. Former commandos aren't going to be killed by the acid, but they still can be damaged. So they don't take a trip. But flying foes won't be damaged. So they go through the lava.
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.
Pages: 1 [2]  All