Chaosforge Forum

• April 18, 2024, 15:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: "Hot Fire", an alternate reload for the chaingun, and other ideas  (Read 8530 times)

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
Re: "Hot Fire", an alternate reload for the chaingun, and other ideas
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 00:20 »

There are two ways to do this.  One is to amend the colours used in the terminal -- right click on your window title bar and play around with it (if you are on Windows).

The other is to wait for the next release, where you can remap the colours of many things within the game.
I computed, therefore I was.

leonresevil2

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 17:37 »

Agreed on the color issue, and now I am even more excited for the next release!

Shoop da Whoop

• First Sergeant
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2010, 05:02 »

Strange idea appeared in my mind. What about "text" sounds? Instead of sounds you get old-style roguelike text messages like "You hear demons roaring", "You hear someone mumbling" (for former people), etc. If someone has no sound on computer (maybe, maybe) this can help a bit.
Code: [Select]
He had posted some posts.
He waited enough for new version of DoomRL.
He played classic Doom but not passed. He also played rogulikes. And once he found the intersection of these sets...

ChaoticJosh

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2010, 14:44 »

It already sort've does that, what with things like "You hear an explosion!" or "AGH! Lava!".

Anyway, new idea. I was playing around with juggler, and noticed that while you can use it to quickly get other weapons, but not to others of the same unless you have them as your secondary. Like, for example, if you have 3 combat shotgun, and have 2 as your primary and secondary, pressing the 'combat shotgun' quickkey on the numpad would just switch between your primary and secondary. I propose a little change to the juggler skill, where instead of doing that, what juggler does is 'cycle' between all the available weapons of a certain type when you use the quickkeys. For example, if you have three differently modded combat shotgun, and you pressed the quick key for combat shotguns, then you'd go to one, and with each press of the quickkey, you'd cycle between all three. So, for example, you'd be going between your power modded one, your bulk modded one, and your technical modded one, all instantaneously, of course.

Thoughts?

leonresevil2

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2010, 13:35 »

Um, I've never had a situation where I modded 3 or more of the same weapon. Not discrediting that strategy; I may even try it soon. However, I think everyone would be happier (and Juggler would get more loving) if Juggler made ANY weapon switching (including from the inventory) instant. If Juggler can instantly pull out a pistol from the inventory just by pressing a hotkey, then any weapon in the inventory should have this instant option. Uniques, which normally get the short end of the stick since they have no hotkeys, would be on constantly equal ground (not having to be primary or prepared).
Pages: 1 [2]  All