DoomRL > Modding

Q2 Demo - Sandbox example

(1/4) > >>

Malek Deneith:
With 0.9.9.1 there will come "sandbox" or ability to edit a single level. Modding version alpha so to say ;) Since I've spent some time today working on example of what can be done with it Kornel asked me to do a replay of the final product (yes, replays are coming back too) and post it here. So there you go - unpack and run replay.bat, space to start the show (the replay seemed a bit slow but maby it's just me). For the donators there is a "playable" version of what I did here for download in beta topic.

leonresevil2:
The replay was slow, and the enforcer bits were slightly agonizing. Maybe there is a way to play traveling missile frames at double speed compared to the rest of replays? Or record missiles every second frame? The level editing looks good nonetheless.

Kornel Kisielewicz:
It's not Malek's fault. The Experimental version of the Recorder and Player stores no info on delays, and has a constant per-frame delay. The GMF player can't decide it on it's own, because it has no info what it's playing (could play anything).

leonresevil2:
I was not blaming him, just wondered if information could be established on the delays, perhaps in the future? Or getting the replay to run more similar to the engine code of the game, so fast actions are fast and slow actions are slow? Just to get an outlook on the future of the replay system. It will be a neat feature, and I am just curious about how it may be evolved.

Malek Deneith:
For those that might be interested, posting the example level I mentioned here. Nothing much, but shows few things that aren't obvious when looking just at sandbox arena. Also check wiki, add is doing a good job of compiling tutorials and data there.

PS. "Source" is a download for those who don't want to download Q2 sounds to go with this. If you *do* download the sound version remember to back-up your sound.ini before unzipping.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version