DoomRL > Modding

Modding wishlist

<< < (3/6) > >>

you:
60. Ability to toggle trait picking on level up (ability to disable first trait, ability to give traits every 2nd/3rd/4th level up)
61. Reload trait table every levelup.

you:
62. Level.clearLight() to reset level exploration state
63. Player.powerMap(show_items) to explore only the map
64. Ability to choose ASCII character for items

yaflhdztioxo:
65. Customization of sound volume, attenuation, pitch, and tempo on Being.PlaySound().

you:
66. Ability to hook and prevent Player's death, making respawn possible.

yaflhdztioxo:
67. The bool in Item.OnUse(), which currently determines if a consumable should be, well, consumed, should also determine if a lever's charge is consumed.
68. Currently the odd set of exceptions like blasters and hellgates use special color constants like MULTIYELLOW to display their graphical goodness.  I'd like that to be expanded to a color array instead. (denied)
69. Affects can be quite handy, but not when we are limited to 5.  As is anyone wanting to abuse those must create their own affects-like system in Lua. (denied)
70. Affects should be Effects :) (denied, he he he)
71. Well what about MF_IMMIDATE?  Honestly it took me a while to figure out what that was supposed to be...
72. ItemSets blow away regular item OnEquip messages.  This can be hacked around, or something similar to Being's weapon OnCreate could be added in to make modders saner. (denied)
73. Tweak HUD.  Maybe I want my status bar at the top, or I want to replace the health counter with a vague text description.  Currently we can edit about 11 characters lovingly reserved for the level name, but that still leaves a few rows to adjust. (denied)
74. For full modding: Lua main menu

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version