DoomRL > Modding

Modding wishlist

<< < (4/6) > >>

Simon-v:
75. Stackable consumables - health items, grenades and such. (Denied for DoomRL1)
76. While we're at it, also stackable melee weapons, such as knives. (Denied for DoomRL1)
77. OnHitBeing working on melee weapons.
78. OnHitBeing working on explosions.
79. Melee weapons that use ammo in one way or another, either for normal swing or for powering the AltFire.
80. On(Normal)Fire hook for weapons, because, why not?
81. Customizable "the X is hit" message, "the X dies" message and health status strings ("unhurt" to "almost dead"). I totally need this for something...

yaflhdztioxo:
82. We have CF_BLOCKLOS and CF_BLOCKMOVE.  Setting just BLOCKMOVE (to create a window) has... interesting effects on the AI.  Can we tweak the aiming code to take into account non-fragile BLOCKMOVE tiles when firing?

83. BlockLOS and BlockMove are nice, but it'd be very nice if we could block certain creatures, or not block shots, or even have one way cells.  I think an OnTryEnter and OnTryShoot hook could handle the myriad of desirable combinations.  Fog tiles, barriers, open windows, closed windows...

Simon-v:
84. More error-checking for common modding mistakes and better, more helpful error messages and backtraces. I've lost count of the number of times i couldn't find why the hell was the bloody thing crashing in core.lua, when in fact it was something wrong with the map array and its associated translation. Anything that helps us find the cause of the crash without performing a tedious line-by-line audit is a blessing, and will be much rejoicing within the modding community.

tehtmi:
85. A simple API to view and modify current cell HP.

86. The OnFire hook should work for melee weapons (it works when pressing 'f' but not when autoattacking) in the style of the corresponding challenge hook.

87. A mod should be able to declare global hooks that are triggered throughout the entire mod in the style of challenge hooks.  I think all of the challenge hooks would be useful as well as some of the level hooks like OnTick.

88. This would be partly addressed by having a global OnTick, but it would also be very helpful to have a built-in system of adding new temporary hooks on the fly. E.g. dropping a bomb could create an OnTick hook that counts down until explosion. The return value could determine whether to keep the hook or remove it.

89. I don't see why challenges are disabled in sandbox.

90. A way to remove beings from the map and items from the map/inventory/equipment without them being deallocated. (denied - would be a source of unendless errors the way the current system is implemented... however, feel free to request things that would need this feature)

91. An API to handle moving items between the floor, the inventory, and the various equipment slots of a being.

92. The Generator functions should separate out the layout generator into a separate function (like is already done for tiled dungeons) so that modders can more easily use the layouts without necessarily using the same item/monster/etc generation.

93. The "floor" cell seems to have special status at least as the cell that is created when another cell is destroyed. There should be some way to change this... perhaps the current style's floor cell should be used instead.  (Currently it is impossible change style, although the lua code can be tricked, but I would expect this to be possible with the advent of full modding.)

94. In sandbox, medals and badges can be awarded, but they don't appear in the mortem.  I can see no reason to prevent this.  (Especially if the default medals are not checked.)

95. The player's OnAction hook currently cannot be used, because the player was created when there was no OnAction hook.  Could an empty OnAction hook be given to the player so that modders can override it?

96. Removal of the Dragonslayer from the items table causes some problems... the normal item drop code loops through the items table, but it will stop when it gets to the Dragonslayer's empty slot.  Either the item drop code could be made more robust, or the Dragonslayer could be prevented from loading in the first place.

yaflhdztioxo:
97.  When ammo is added to the inventory it is not merged with other stacks.  Either auto-merge ammo on add or have a specific function for adding ammo that will take the ID, count, and return any remainder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version