Chaosforge Forum

• April 19, 2024, 03:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Explosions pushed an enemy through/around a wall  (Read 2709 times)

Kejardon

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Explosions pushed an enemy through/around a wall
« on: March 07, 2010, 18:29 »

0.9.9 for windows

You reload the chaingun with 10mm ammo.                                       
 BB Screenshot created.                                                         
    ####################################       #############################   
    .........#......./.......#...0.....+      ...........+...0#.......#....#   
   #........./.......#.......#/#########       #+#######/#....#.......#....#   
   #.........#########......././.......#    ...  #.......#..../......./....#   
   #........./......0#.......#.#.......#...... #.#.......#....#.......#....#   
   #.........#.......+.......#.#......./.....  #.#......./....#.......#....#   
   ####+####/####+#######/####+####/#######/####/####/#######+####/####+####   
   #0#.............#./................@/....#.......#....+.......#.........#   
   #.#.............#.#/#######+#####.#/#.|.%#.......#....#......./....0....#   
   #.#.............#  .%.      #...%...#..../.%.....+%...#########.....0...#   
   #.#######/#######.# ..0     #.......#....#.......#....#.......+.........#   
   #..............>..+  ..     #......./....#...... #....+.......#.........#   
   ####/####.####+#######/####+####...#####+####/####/#######/####+####/####   
   #.......#.........+...../.#.......;./.......#.#......./.................#   
   #......./.........#.....#.#+#########.......#.#.......#########/#########   
   #########.........#.....#././.>.....#.......#.#.0.....#.................#   
   #.....0./.........#######.#.#.......#/#######/#######/#.................#   
   #.......#.....0.../.......#.#......./.................+.................#   
    ###### ################################################################     

Kejardon                   Armor : modified red armor [4/4] (98%) (AB)         
 Health: 58%  Exp:  6/73%   Weapon: chaingun (1d6)x4 [40/40]                   
 cautious                                                    Phobos Base  Lev11

I was standing where I am now. I shot at a revenant down-down-left from me, and blew up a barrel just below the revenant, or there-abouts. I don't remember precisely where. Then the Revenant appeared to my right, where you see the rockets it dropped. I killed it then looked for the Revenant over where I was shooting it to begin with (I thought it had to be a different Revenant), but it was nowhere to be found, so I'm pretty sure the Revenant got pushed past the wall somehow. All the doors nearby were open.

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Explosions pushed an enemy through/around a wall
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 11:07 »

Check the message list, if it is still there, for the message "The revenant uses phase device. The revenant blinks away" or something like it. I think he phased before the death, but I'm not sure.
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

Kejardon

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 11:30 »

I thought that might be a possibility too, but I don't remember seeing Revenants ever using items and also that message wasn't in my message list (but then, it's also possible he was knocked out of sight from the explosions so...)
Is there a message for enemies blinking into sight? AFAIK it's never even happened to me, but if the Revenant did actually use a phase device then he did blink into my sight. And no, there wasn't any message in my message list for that either.

leonresevil2

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 19:01 »

If my thoughts are correct, enemies wouldn't blink into sight, as enemies do not use phase devices unless they are under attack. However, it is possible, as an enemy could use a phase device and teleport within the room, or the player could be shooting down a hallway or room, and the enemy phases into the player's view. I have not seen these cases occur.
Also, according to the wiki, Revenants cannot pick up items, so they should not be able to grab/use phase devices.

yaflhdztioxo

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Captain
  • Lost Sole
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 19:12 »

An enemy will use a phase device in the same circumstances they would use a med-kit.  There is both a blinking in and a blinking out message, but the enemy has to be visible to get them.  But a phase device isn't responsible; Revs cannot use items.

A simpler explanation:  Your rocket pushed the rev down, then the exploding barrel pushed him to the open door.

Kejardon

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 21:50 »

An enemy will use a phase device in the same circumstances they would use a med-kit.  There is both a blinking in and a blinking out message, but the enemy has to be visible to get them.  But a phase device isn't responsible; Revs cannot use items.
A simpler explanation:  Your rocket pushed the rev down, then the exploding barrel pushed him to the open door.
The problem with that explanation is that I used a chaingun.
Yeah, with that info I'm completely sure the Revenant went through a wall due to an explosion.

Actually, another possibility just occurred to me.
Melee Damage:    Avoids
I guess it could be possible that the barrel blew the Revenant to two spaces right of me, and then the Revenant decided to get a little distance and moved down-right. I don't recall ever seeing this behavior from enemies unless I'm literally right next to them though.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 22:00 by Kejardon »

leonresevil2

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 22:22 »

Actually, another possibility just occurred to me.I guess it could be possible that the barrel blew the Revenant to two spaces right of me, and then the Revenant decided to get a little distance and moved down-right. I don't recall ever seeing this behavior from enemies unless I'm literally right next to them though.

That would explain the distance, but how would the Revenant be pushed, move away from you, then die? Maybe I am missing something in the chain of events and where they were.

Kejardon

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 22:37 »

I shot the Revenant with a chaingun. One of the stray bullets hit the barrel, the Revenant appeared to the right of the wall. I shot the Revenant again with a chaingun to kill it.
I had 2x Finesse and the Revenant had shot me with a rocket before I shot it back, so I assumed I got a double-move on it but in retrospect it may have gotten a move in between my shots. Do Revenants run away when there's already a square between them and you?
Pages: [1]