General > Off Topic

Dwarf Fortress

(1/2) > >>

karnot:
Hear ye, hear ye !
Come one, come all !

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

This...this is one incredible piece of a game. And its only version 0.2 !
And the guy behind it, i'd say he's greater than Kornel and Biskup combined (no offence, Kornel). :)

In short, its a mix of a standard (but highly detailed) rogulike and Dungeon Keeper, lead your very own dwarven tribe, dig tunnels in the mountainsides, fight off creatures from the depth and surface, OR play as your everyday adventure seeker.

Since roguelikes rarely happen to be completely finished - the chances for us to see version 1.0 are not 100%...but imagination runs wild...

Anticheese:
Interesting, I'll check it out..

karnot:
Oops, i guess i was wrong, this game is made by two people, not one.

Kornel Kisielewicz:
Quoting: karnotAnd the guy behind it, i'd say he's greater than Kornel and Biskup combined (no offence, Kornel). :)
Have you seen GenRogue and Carceri? ^_^
P.S. Neither have I.
P.S.2. No offence karnot, but it's not a nice practice to register at one roguelikes forum ONLY to promote another roguelike :/

karnot:
Well, as far as i understand - GenRogue will still be (if ever) a traditional roguelike at its best. Now this...this is something completely different, wouldnt you say ?

And, well, DoomRL is great and all, but what can i contribute at this point, except some YASD and the like, which are already overabundant here and there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version