Chaosforge Forum

• June 15, 2024, 18:18
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Equip menu tweaks  (Read 1909 times)

Brewtal Legend

• Second Lieutenant
  • I am Hellbound
    • View Profile
Equip menu tweaks
« on: March 15, 2010, 01:23 »

It would be cool if when I go to the equip menu to change armor or weapons if the menu wouldn't close automatically when I choose which slot I want to equip.

If I already have armor equipped and I want to change it, I have to bring up the menu, select armor, it unequipped my current armor, the menu closes automatically, I have to open the equip menu again, select the armor slot, then select the armor I want to equip. The same for weapons and boots etc.

I find it pretty annoying.

I think it would be better if when you pulled up the equip menu to choose which slot to equip, it should automatically go to the inventory screen, you pick which armor or whatever you are equipping to replace the current one, and the game swaps the one you picked into the equipment slot and your old one gets put into your inventory.

I think this would be a much better way to handle equipping and unequipping items. It would only take 3 steps to complete instead of 5 steps (or 6 steps if your inventory is full) like it takes now .
-Legend

leonresevil2

Re: Equip menu tweaks
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 01:34 »

I think it does this, because equipping/unequipping takes game turns. I agree that being able to swap out from the equip screen would be nice. For the mean time, the inventory does the same thing, just not sorted to the specific item.

Also, I have thought it would be nice to be able to reload ammo off the ground without having to put it into inventory. It's a rare situation, though, and it would mean another button, so it's probably unlikely. Just thought I would mention it though.

Brewtal Legend

• Second Lieutenant
  • I am Hellbound
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 01:47 »

it would be nice to be able to reload ammo off the ground without having to put it into inventory

That would be nice. Especially if you have just ran out of ammo and there is some laying close and enemies are near. Definitely makes sense. If we can unload the ammo from a gun on the ground, it makes sense that you should be able to load your weapon from ammo on the ground.

I think it does this, because equipping/unequipping takes game turns.
Couldn't it still take the same amount of game turns without having to take all the extra steps?

For the mean time, the inventory does the same thing, just not sorted to the specific item.
You can equip weapons and armor from the inventory screen? I didn't realize that.

-Legend

leonresevil2

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 02:06 »

Actually, by using the equip menu, I believe you spend a turn (1.0 sec I believe) unequipping, and another turn in equipping the item you wanted to equip in the first spot. Using the Inventory screen to equip seems to do both steps in the time it takes for one, so it is faster. And, in all fairness, players should not be punished (be it in turns or menu navigation irritation) for using the equip screen instead of the inventory screen.
I think that going into the equip menu and selecting any item should list all the items for that slot, and an "Unequip (Nothing)" slot at the bottom, so Equip menu users can access all items and options easily. It would be similar to the (u)se menu, except for weapons or armor, and the Unequip option would be at the end.
And yes, just hit enter on the item you want to equip from the Inventory screen, and you will swap right to it (in one turn, of course).
Pages: [1]