Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 05:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New Fireangel reqs, better or worse?  (Read 5050 times)

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike
New Fireangel reqs, better or worse?
« on: March 22, 2010, 15:59 »

Old Fireangel requirements:
Ironman(1), Juggler(req. Finesse(1)), Badass(req. Tough as Nails(2))

New Fireangel requirements:
Dodgemaster(req. Hellrunner(2)), Shottyman(req. Reloader(2))

Considering MFa is heavily favored towards a Shotty build, I tried out a AoSg run on UV with Fireangel in mind.  Inevitably the lack of health got to me and I died without so much as a small med-pack to my name on around floor 8 or 9: this could have been either from lack of Badass to keep the globes or lack of TaN to absorb damage, but I can say that the dodging only helped marginally, not much better than the typical running around.  As it was, the fact that it takes at least 1.0s (1.2s for double) to fire means that the enemy almost always attacks after you do, making Dodgemaster worthless.  This could be reconciled by getting much closer (forcing some knockback which sometimes flinches the enemy into moving forward) but still unreliable for a shotty when compared to straight-up damage absorption.

I then took a step back and tried it on HNTR instead, covering the original problems of the first run with the following build:
Rel->Rel->Shotty->TaN->TaN->Bad->HR->HR->DM->MFa

I quite literally completed this only after finishing level 24 (too many caves) but I did get to try it out.  All in all, it worked fairly well: building up towards the typical AotD and then switching to Fireangel was surprisingly capable.  I absorbed damage and kept my health high for much of the first half, then I was able to run up to the harder enemies later on with superior speed and some built-in dodging.  Dodgemaster ends up making a shotty run in Arach caves as easy as an MGK run, a very nice benefit.  Bruisers took forever but with the chokepoint in the middle of the map I didn't take damage.  Cyberdemon was very easy with this build, as I simply stayed within two tiles of him, sidestepped until he fired a rocket, then blasted him with the double.  Given enough shells (probably about 50 or so) he was downed without me ever eating a rocket.

The nice thing about MFa is that it doesn't block a couple of remarkably useful traits for a shotty run, namely HR and Finesse.  HR for the reasons stated before; Finesse is useful not only with the faster firing (which prevents undodgable retaliation) but the potential WK can be great for power mods, making up for the lack of armor-piercing rounds. 

Has anyone else tried out Fireangel with a shotty run in mind?
I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Latest LPs: Angband, Delver

action52

• Elder
  • Sergeant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: New Fireangel reqs, better or worse?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 16:35 »

I haven't been able to get far enough with the Fireangle build to test it, but my guess would be that MFa would be really strong in the endgame but weaker in the beginning and midgame, whereas the AoD build is kickass in the beginning and midgame, but a little weaker in the endgame.

Like you said, in the beginning it's hard to avoid getting killed even with hellrunner--you really have to play the coward's game. In the end though, the hardest enemies like Mancubi, Revenants, and Archviles suddenly become a lot less scary. This makes things SO much easier. If you're lucky enough to have the assault shotgun, you can push them out of your view then dodge when they come close enough to see you. Or just dodge everything except easy kills and make a run for the exit--you probably won't be hurting for experience too much at that point. Cyberdemon is a breeze since you have dodgemaster.

With AoD, you get an extremely powerful character through the early levels with TaN and Badass. Midgame your armor-piercing shotgun should do crazy damage against Barons and the like. But you will find it doesn't kill the endgame demons fast enough to prevent yourself from taking lots of damage. Arachnotrons and Commandos will chip away at your health. And unless you're lucky enough to find a really good exotic or unique shotgun, it will be very difficult to kill most Mancubi or Archviles before they kill you. And if you don't have some phase devices and large medkits left over by the time you get to the Cyberdemon you will be in for an extremely difficult fight.

So yeah, MFa is tough in the beginning but pays off later. AoD is awesome in the beginning but weaker than other builds at the end.

Fanta Hege

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Will it work? I HAVE NO IDEA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 21:54 »

The problem in my opinion with it is that the trait are both more in the 'mid tier' of usefulness unlike the other master traits that use atleast one 'higher tier' trait.
Hellrunner and Reloader are both useful but honestly, I wouldn't really start with them, I'd just stack them up once I get my main builds up.
Tan and Bad are more of a higher tier traits, thus why as said, it is easier trait to handle in the early game.

..But Fireangel is still a very godly master trait. The fact that is lowers the damage from the end game enemies like 70% means you can literally dive into a mancubipack.

I never really liked the Fireagel as a shottubuild idea though but atleast we now have a trait to go with double shotgun users!
I haven't really gotten the taste of fireangel much in the newer version but I'll probably try it as a varity in my N! Ao100 runs.
i dont even know anymore

action52

• Elder
  • Sergeant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 00:50 »

The problem in my opinion with it is that the trait are both more in the 'mid tier' of usefulness unlike the other master traits that use atleast one 'higher tier' trait.
Hellrunner and Reloader are both useful but honestly, I wouldn't really start with them, I'd just stack them up once I get my main builds up.

But doesn't that make it more balanced? You have a really awesome endgame trait, but the tradeoff is that your traits aren't as good in the beginning.

UnderAPaleGreySky

• Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Chaos Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 01:33 »

It's also made getting Pacifism Diamond harder. Now you're VULNERABLE TO VILES.
Under a pale grey sky, we shall arise.

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 19:12 »

Just tried a MFa run on AoH (only HNTR so hard to say how well it works) and I got through without any problems.  I was simultaneously hoping to clear the Vaults, what with three phases and (eventually) a Hell Staff, but alas, I got Mortuary instead.  I've tried AoH UV/100% run using MFa for the longest time but haven't gotten higher than clvl 5.  Maybe Ammochain is the only way to go on that, save an early unique (which reminds me of this time I got the Trigun on the first level.  Freaking Rev killed me at 40% HP/blue armor, I was so pissed).

One thing I noticed is that I took NO damage from the Cyberdemon's rockets, even on direct hits.  Or at least they looked like direct hits...like, me getting hit by the rocket.  Could've been me "dodging" forward and getting "hit", except the rocket didn't reach its intended target.  Mancubus hits still hurt as expected, so it's not completely buggy...I'll try to get some more details later.

Doops

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 01:24 »

And unless you're lucky enough to find a really good exotic or unique shotgun,
About 30 minutes ago I was lucky enough to find an assault shotgun and a super shotgun, mod them both with power and AoD. They knew the wrath of the boomstick.
I also had some Onyx-modded red armor.

I love the shotgun build. I use it most of the time. Maybe could that could explain why I die often since I'm a kick-in-the-door style player. When I start combat I will go into run mode and get a few lucky dodges but I pretty much plan to soak up damage.

So far I go for:

TaN>TaN>Bad>Rel>Rel>Shotty>TaN>Iro>Iro>Iro

in my shotgun builds. It's worked well so far.

Just tried a MFa run on AoH (only HNTR so hard to say how well it works) and I got through without any problems.  I was simultaneously hoping to clear the Vaults, what with three phases and (eventually) a Hell Staff, but alas, I got Mortuary instead.  I've tried AoH UV/100% run using MFa for the longest time but haven't gotten higher than clvl 5.  Maybe Ammochain is the only way to go on that, save an early unique (which reminds me of this time I got the Trigun on the first level.  Freaking Rev killed me at 40% HP/blue armor, I was so pissed).

One thing I noticed is that I took NO damage from the Cyberdemon's rockets, even on direct hits.  Or at least they looked like direct hits...like, me getting hit by the rocket.  Could've been me "dodging" forward and getting "hit", except the rocket didn't reach its intended target.  Mancubus hits still hurt as expected, so it's not completely buggy...I'll try to get some more details later.

How did you get the Trigun on level 1? I've never found it at all actually. Also my guess is that like the normal rocket launcher, the cyberdemon's rockets don't hit you directly, just the explosion hits you so it's absorbed by MFa.

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 03:23 »

How did you get the Trigun on level 1?
Quote from: Me
I've tried AoH UV/100% run ... which reminds me of this time I got the Trigun on the first level.
That is, AoH plants you on level two from the get-go.  I was extremely fortunate to have found it then, too, could've been my ticket to clearing the Haste badges.  Trigun is a BADASS weapon, I really didn't realize it until that run.  Didn't even bother with DG, SoaG(x3) already gave me ~40DPS for the one gun.  Given the choice between that and blaster, though, I'd probably stick with Blaster and mod it to all hell.

I can sympathize with fortunate shotty finds, having gained a super shotgun and Jackhammer in the same game (and rather early, too).  Combined with MAD it's absolute destruction; combined with MFa it's more like Gun Kata with a shotty.  (A good comparison is that Gun Kata blocks the all-important SoaB used in offensive pistol builds, just as MFa doesn't give the same ridiculous damage output of MAD.)  If you're the kind of person who relies on a combat, MAD is probably better than MFa, whereas double shotties benefit more from the ability to get up in the face of the enemy and, more importantly, Cybie.

Also, I think you're missing MAD in there...unless you don't use it, which is MADness. (I'm guessing it goes between Shotty and TaN #3 though.)

Doops

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 14:04 »

yep just forgot to put it. i think i will try a shotgun fireangel build today.

Doops

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2010, 15:17 »

Old Fireangel requirements:
Ironman(1), Juggler(req. Finesse(1)), Badass(req. Tough as Nails(2))

New Fireangel requirements:
Dodgemaster(req. Hellrunner(2)), Shottyman(req. Reloader(2))

Considering MFa is heavily favored towards a Shotty build, I tried out a AoSg run on UV with Fireangel in mind.  Inevitably the lack of health got to me and I died without so much as a small med-pack to my name on around floor 8 or 9: this could have been either from lack of Badass to keep the globes or lack of TaN to absorb damage, but I can say that the dodging only helped marginally, not much better than the typical running around.  As it was, the fact that it takes at least 1.0s (1.2s for double) to fire means that the enemy almost always attacks after you do, making Dodgemaster worthless.  This could be reconciled by getting much closer (forcing some knockback which sometimes flinches the enemy into moving forward) but still unreliable for a shotty when compared to straight-up damage absorption.

I then took a step back and tried it on HNTR instead, covering the original problems of the first run with the following build:
Rel->Rel->Shotty->TaN->TaN->Bad->HR->HR->DM->MFa

I quite literally completed this only after finishing level 24 (too many caves) but I did get to try it out.  All in all, it worked fairly well: building up towards the typical AotD and then switching to Fireangel was surprisingly capable.  I absorbed damage and kept my health high for much of the first half, then I was able to run up to the harder enemies later on with superior speed and some built-in dodging.  Dodgemaster ends up making a shotty run in Arach caves as easy as an MGK run, a very nice benefit.  Bruisers took forever but with the chokepoint in the middle of the map I didn't take damage.  Cyberdemon was very easy with this build, as I simply stayed within two tiles of him, sidestepped until he fired a rocket, then blasted him with the double.  Given enough shells (probably about 50 or so) he was downed without me ever eating a rocket.

The nice thing about MFa is that it doesn't block a couple of remarkably useful traits for a shotty run, namely HR and Finesse.  HR for the reasons stated before; Finesse is useful not only with the faster firing (which prevents undodgable retaliation) but the potential WK can be great for power mods, making up for the lack of armor-piercing rounds. 

Has anyone else tried out Fireangel with a shotty run in mind?

Well I just completed a regular HNTR shotgun/fireangel build. It requires good dodging skills and you need to know the enemies attack patterns to use it affectively. I beat the cyberdemon with P1 Super Shotgun but I had problems dodging his rockets from about 2-3 tiles away. All in all its a very nice build if you like speed, dodging, and shotgunnery.

action52

• Elder
  • Sergeant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 07:01 »

After playing with both shotgun builds for awhile, and thinking about it, I think that which one is easier depends largely on what kind of challenge game you're doing.

Standard game:

Being able to use other weapons compensates for the weaknesses of an Army of the Dead run. The double shotgun will take care of big groups fast, as long as you have cover and there isn't anything really dangerous like a Revenant or Arch-Vile in there. The combat shotgun (or better yet, assault shotgun) will let you keep knocking enemies back and kill them without even letting them into your sight. Put a few points of SoB on there and it's even better. If you manage to beat The Wall--which is relatively easy with shotguns on HNTR or HMP--you'll have a missile launcher for quick strikes on far-away enemies, and a backpack to help you stock up on shells for later levels. If you get ambushed by poweful enemies, or see an Arch-Vile, just break out your BFG and let 'er rip.

Fireangel is still just as useful to have on the later levels. Being able to dodge Arch-Viles, Mancubi, and Revenants is EXTREMELY helpful no matter what. Being able to take barrel explosions is nice too, but since most barrels are napalm in the later stages, you still have to be careful. Being immune from your own rockets looks great on paper, but most of the time, if you have enemies close enough that the blast would hurt you, an armor-piercing double shotgun would be much better. So I think it's a toss-up on which one is easier in the endgame. But if you factor in that taking TaN and Badass will make the early game super-easy, I think Army of the Dead comes out way ahead in this respect.

Angel of Berserk / Angel of Marksmanship:

Obviously both are nearly useless, since you can't use shotguns.

Angel of Shotgunnery:

In an Army of the Dead game, you're going to have serious problems after level 15. Since your character is bad at escape you'll need to kill most enemies you encounter, and unless you're lucky enough to find a Jackhammer, you're going to have a really tough time with just shotguns. Even if you do get a Jackhammer, that will just make the ammo crunch even worse. It's quite possible that you won't see a single shotgun sergeant past level 15. Meanwhile you're using tons of shells, and you (almost definitely) won't be getting a backpack. That means even if you pick up every single shell you find, you might find yourself running out later on. Finally you have to face the Cyberdemon. At long range, your shotgun may as well be a pea shooter, and at close range you will be getting hit by a lot of rockets even if you're running.

However, a Fireangel run will wind up being almost as easy as a standard game. The early game will still be difficult, but the endgame will be a breeze. You can run past most enemies, which will conserve ammo and just increase your surviveability overall. On the rare occasion that you have a pack of enemies backed by an Arch-Vile blocking your exit, chances are good you can find a berserk pack or invulnerability sphere nearby. Even if you don't, if you're running and you have a few med-packs, you can probably make a mad dash for the stairs. And the Cyberdemon will still be a cakewalk.

(Now for the record, the regular game and AoS are the only versions I have played extensively. But here's how I think the builds would work on other challenges based on what I have played.)

Angel of Light Travel:

Due to inventory being scarce, Fireangel is a lot better since you can get by with less ammo.

Angel of Impatience, Angel of Purity, Angel of Masochism:

In all of these, health is at a premium, so you'll want TaN and Badass. This makes Army of the Dead better, although you might be better off avoiding shotguns entirely. Not saying it's necessarily the best choice for any of these challenges, but definitely better than Fireangel.

Angel of Haste:

Angel of Haste runs are such a crapshoot, it's tough to say which is better. There are fewer Hell levels, so you should have an easier time making your shotgun shells last to the end. But if you don't find a rocket launcher or BFG, you will have a hard time killing stronger demons.

Angel of Red Alert:

You'll want Hellrunner, and you won't have time to kill most enemies. Fireangel is way better.

Angel of Max Carnage:

Doesn't this challenge make Dodgemaster useless? In any case, you will need to focus on killing demons before they kill you, rather than escape. This makes Army of the Dead an obvious choice if we're only talking shotgun master traits--although Ammochain is probably even better.

Angel of 100:

To be honest, ammo gets so scarce that shotguns aren't viable no matter what. Hell, the best strategy is arguably to skip master traits entirely, since this will keep all the basic and advanced traits open.

Angel of Pacifism:

Army of the Dead is useless, obviously. Fireangel is useful, but is it really worth pouring three experience levels into useless traits? You're probably better off just going for Dodgemaster and Badass, using your extra levels to build Hellrunner, TaN, and Ironman.

Anyway, these are my opinions. If you disagree or have anything to add, please feel free to correct me.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 07:05 by action52 »

Polymeron

• Private FC
  • I juggle shotguns
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2010, 13:20 »

This requirements change is actually the one 0.9.9.1 change I have a gripe with, for a couple of reasons. One is petty: I like Juggler a LOT, and the new requirements make it harder to combine the two. The second is more general though - this essentially makes Fireangel shotgun-only, whereas before it was open to all: Reduces the possible viable strategies. That's generally in my book as a Bad Thing.

On another petty note, I don't even like to take Shottyman when I'm playing AoSh, much less any other time.
.mortem or it didn't happen.

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2010, 18:50 »

Generally, which shotgun build you use depends on how much you're willing to depend on your shotties.  MAD is super-conservative in that respect: armor-piercing rounds turn scouting into a way to kill things, and double shotty WILL kill an up-close spider or rev in one shot, with few exceptions (super shotgun turns that into no exception).  MFa, on the other hand, is a matter of being able to use the double shotgun whenever the hell you feel like it, which allows you to conserve shells more often, thus lowering your need for shell space, thus giving you room for other guns.  If it's AoSg, I would always recommend MAD over MFa, especially if you want to reach Shotty Diamond.

As per your other comments:

Quote from: action52
Angel of Light Travel:

Due to inventory being scarce, Fireangel is a lot better since you can get by with less ammo.
Some challenge are really better off with neither build, and AoLT is probably the most Ammochain-reliant challenge I have ever seen.  If you really had to play AoLT without Ammochain, I'd STILL probably choose super-modding a chaingun because it carries the most ammo.

Angel of Purity:

In all of these, health is at a premium, so you'll want TaN and Badass.
On the contrary, Purity makes Badass practically useless because you'll never go past 100%!  However, MFa still allows for TaN, so you can try TaN->TaN->HR->HR->Rel->Rel->SM->DM->MFa, or something along those lines.

Angel of Max Carnage:

Doesn't this challenge make Dodgemaster useless? In any case, you will need to focus on killing demons before they kill you, rather than escape. This makes Army of the Dead an obvious choice if we're only talking shotgun master traits--although Ammochain is probably even better.
To answer your question: no, to my knowledge, DM still does exactly what it does, even in a game where to-hit bonuses are maximized.  Remember, DM AUTOMATICALLY dodges all attacks on the first sidestep.  I should point out, though, that enemies can still miss you during AoMC when it comes to dodging an attack, so never forget to run in a pinch.

With that in mind, MFa is useful when dodging the occasional projectile you'll allow to fly, and the already-maximized damage you're dealing with shotties doesn't make me worry all that much about armor.  It'll take some more shells than MAD, but (and again, you can get TaN at any point) avoiding splash damage can be absolutely critical.

Angel of Pacifism:

Army of the Dead is useless, obviously. Fireangel is useful, but is it really worth pouring three experience levels into useless traits? You're probably better off just going for Dodgemaster and Badass, using your extra levels to build Hellrunner, TaN, and Ironman.

Depends, is avoiding splash damage that useful?  Yes.  Yes it is.  However, it doesn't really matter for the Diamond run when you aren't allowed HR, which has now been made harder by the fact that MFa requires HR.  If it doesn't matter, then I would probably like MFa if only because splash damage is a lot of the endgame damage for a person who can't attack anything.

EDIT:
Quote from: Polymeron
On another petty note, I don't even like to take Shottyman when I'm playing AoSh, much less any other time.
I'm curious is to what you'd get if not Shottyman for a shotty run.  SoaB is remarkably insignificant damage for any shotgun (double included) and Finesse, should you be correctly using the combat shotty, is only useful once the double comes into play...which it doesn't until barons, taking you to around clvl 5 or 6.  The rest are either defensive or useless for shotguns.

If you refer to the trait that Shottyman GIVES...well, perhaps it's not as useful as some of the other adv traits (Badass's 200% perm, Intuition's monster vision, Whizkid's super-modding), but it's remarkably useful if your timing's right: fire, sidestep, and repeat, never worrying to reload. Combined with HR (ala MFa) it makes reloading REALLY fast and almost impossible for you to get hurt.  Timing of the enemies, however, is critical and may or may not require Finesse to be optimized.  Don't expect to pull this off against Arach caves, for instance.

If you, however, refer to the fact that you need two Reloaders to get Shottyman, making either one or the other kinda useless...yeah, I tend to agree.  At least Reloader can still useful on a non-shotty build such as a non-MGK pistol game or a non-MAc damage run (things like Railgun and rocket launcher really benefit).
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 21:06 by Game Hunter »

Polymeron

• Private FC
  • I juggle shotguns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2010, 04:47 »

My strategy is to juggle shotguns - walk around with two normal shotguns and juggler, lots of finesse, combat shotgun and double shotgun at the ready. It's enough to kill anything short of a Baron, and I can usually hold my own against those too with enough cover. Last time I took Shottyman during AoSh I ended up regretting it. Though I guess I seriously needed Army of the Dead for that Cybie... Ended up nuking him instead.
This is the 0.9.9 .mortem from that run, you can see my build... A pity the nuking killed my score too.

--------------------------------------------------------------
 DoomRL (v.0.9.9) roguelike post-mortem character dump

Jugglor, level 13 Cacodemon Sergeant, sacrificed himself to kill the Cyberdemon
 on level 25 of the Phobos base.
 He survived 141076 turns and scored 5949 points.
 He played for 2 hours, 55 minutes and 2 seconds.
 He wasn't afraid to be hurt plenty.

He killed 683 out of 683 hellspawn. (100%)
 This ass-kicking marine killed all of them!
 He was an Angel of Shotgunnery!

-- Awards ----------------------------------------------------

Medal of Prejudice
  UAC Star (bronze cluster)
  Aurora Medallion
  Hell Champion Medal
  Veteran Silver Badge
  Shottyman Silver Badge

-- Graveyard -------------------------------------------------

###########################################################
  ..........................................................#
  .......................................|..................#
  ........................................|.................#
  .........................>.............X..................#
  ###########################################################

-- Statistics ------------------------------------------------

Health -5997/80   Experience 70037/13
  ToHit Ranged +0  ToHit Melee +0  ToDmg Ranged +0  ToDmg Melee +0

-- Traits ----------------------------------------------------

Ironman          (Level 3)
    Finesse          (Level 2)
    Tough as nails   (Level 3)
    Reloader         (Level 1)
    Juggler          (Level 1)
    Whizkid          (Level 1)
    Badass           (Level 1)
    Fireangel        (Level 1)

Fin->Jug->Fin->TaN->TaN->Iro->WK->Bad->MFa->TaN->Iro->Iro->Rel->

-- Equipment -------------------------------------------------

[a] [ Armor      ]   modified red armor [2/4] (38%) (B)
    [b] [ Weapon     ]   modified Assault Shotgun (9d3) [0/6] (P1)
    [c] [ Boots      ]   modified plasteel boots [4/4] (93%) (A)
    [d] [ Prepared   ]   modified double shotgun (9d3)x3 [0/2] (B1P1)

-- Inventory -------------------------------------------------

[a] advanced shotgun (8d3) [1/1]
    [b] modified combat shotgun (7d3) [5/5] (T2)
    [c] BFG 9000 (10d8) [0/100]
    [d] modified Plasma Shotgun (8d3) [2/39] (B1)
    [e] green armor [1/1] (100%)
    [f] green armor [1/1] (100%)
    [g] blue armor [2/2] (100%)
    [h] modified blue armor [2/2] (67%) (A)
    [i] blue armor [2/2] (100%)
    [j] blue armor [1/2] (31%)
    [k] shotgun shell (x45)
    [l] shotgun shell (x50)
    [m] envirosuit pack
    [n] Gothic Boots [10/10] (188%)

-- Kills -----------------------------------------------------

96 former humans
    102 former sergeants
    36 former captains
    88 imps
    61 demons
    103 lost souls
    41 cacodemons
    25 barons of hell
    1 Cyberdemon
    20 hell knights
    38 arachnotrons
    11 former commandos
    7 pain elementals
    18 arch-viles
    16 mancubi
    20 revenants

-- History ---------------------------------------------------

He started his journey on the surface of Phobos.
  On level 2 he entered Hell's Arena.
  He left the Arena as a champion!
  On level 4 he stormed the Chained Court.
  On level 9 he found the Assault Shotgun!
  On level 9 he found Hell's Armory.
  On level 9 he found the Plasma Shotgun!
  On level 11 he found the Gothic Boots!
  On level 13 he ventured into the Halls of Carnage.
  On level 18 he ventured into the Spider's Lair.
  He cleared the Lair, kickin' serious spider ass!
  On level 19 he found the Minigun!
  On level 23 he entered the Lava Pits.
  He managed to clear the Lava Pits completely!
  Then at last he found Phobos Arena!
  He nuked level 25!
  On level 25 he finally sacrificed himself to kill the Cyberdemon.

-- Messages --------------------------------------------------

thermonuclear bomb. Warning! Explosion in 10 seconds! The
 Cyberdemon hits you. Your red armor is damaged! Warning! Explosion in
 9 seconds!
 The Cyberdemon fires! You dodge! Boom!
 The Cyberdemon reloads his rocket launcher. Warning! Explosion in 8
 seconds!
 Warning! Explosion in 7 seconds!
 Warning! Explosion in 6 seconds!
 Warning! Explosion in 5 seconds!
 Warning! Explosion in 4 seconds!
 Warning! Explosion in 3 seconds!
 Warning! Explosion in 2 seconds!
 Warning! Explosion in 1 seconds!
 You hear an explosion! You hear an explosion! You hear an explosion! You
 hear an explosion! You hear an explosion! You feel relatively safe

-- General ---------------------------------------------------

Before him 104 brave souls have ventured into Phobos:
 95 of those were killed.
 2 didn't read the thermonuclear bomb manual.
 And 6 couldn't handle the stress and committed a stupid suicide.

Some rumours though, say that the Cyberdemon was killed already!
 Is he immortal? 1 souls claim to have killed him...
 1 killed the bastard and survived.

Note it's H|YAAM and I didn't even take Rel before the last level - didn't need it. I had enough loaded shells around to not need to reload anyplace unsafe. And if somebody bothered me in the middle of reloading, well, I could always juggle into something that could kill them instantly.
.mortem or it didn't happen.
Pages: [1]