Chaosforge Forum

• March 29, 2024, 04:48
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: More powerups in early levels on N!  (Read 1460 times)

AStranger

• First Lieutenant
  • Cyberdemon Blade
    • View Profile
More powerups in early levels on N!
« on: March 27, 2010, 03:15 »

My idea is pretty much what the title says. I took a look at my N! mortems and roughly counted that 80%-90% of my N! characters (roughly 300 or so) never make it past dlevel 5. It seems like most N! games start out with me rushing to the nearest berserk pack or dying looking for one. Finding even a single berserk pack is pretty much what determines if the character will gain at least level 3 before dying. It gets to the point where I feel like I'm just "re-rolling" characters until one of the gets an 18 (berserk pack).

Now I would like to state that I'm not angry or complaining about how difficult N! is, I just feel the RNG can be quite brutal throughout the game, the beginning is no exception. We have all gone down to dlevel 2 to find ourselves surrounded by lost souls and pretty much murdered before we had a chance. I'm not saying we should eliminate that or a variety of other ways the RNG "screws" you, but adding a few more random powerups in the early levels of the game would really help balance that out. In the later levels the deaths usually feel like there might have been something that could have been done, but a lot of the early deaths feel like they were doomed from the start.

I'll admit I'm a little biased to AoB and AoPc, but those aren't the only N! challenges I play. The main idea here isn't to make N! easier, it's to negate a bit of the randomness from the beginning so you have to burn through less characters to find a keeper.

Thoughts?
[24|23|20|18|13] v.0.9.9.3
[17|10|8|5|2] v.0.9.9.2
[15|11|10|6|3] v.0.9.9.1
[18|17|14|10|6] v.0.9.9
Pages: [1]