Chaosforge Forum

• April 23, 2024, 13:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Sniper weapon pack + Plasma Rifle not working, MFa resistant to CD's missiles  (Read 2053 times)

bricks

• Elder
  • Private FC
    • View Profile

I was happy to find a sniper weapon pack for the first time, but when I applied it to my plasma rifle, I didn't notice a considerable improvement in accuracy.  On inspection in the inventory, the accuracy rating for the plasma rifle didn't increase (should it?) and a lot of shots passed right through the target (should they?).  I may be misinterpreting this one.

Also, the CD's missiles stopped hurting me after a few hits, though I still had some knockback.  I saw another post suggest this was due to Fireangel, which I also took.  Gooselord has figured it out.  Damage is being calculated after knockback.

Forgot:  Version 0.9.9.1, running whatever the most recent Windows version is.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 11:02 by bricks »

AStranger

• First Lieutenant
  • Cyberdemon Blade
    • View Profile

I was just playing an Ao100 game and put what I thought was a sniper weapon pack on a plasma rifle and it added two more shots to the rifle and didn't touch the accuracy. I checked my stats and have only found one Firestorm pack (the weapon mod that adds two shots) and I'm rather sure that was during an AoB game. Next sniper weapon pack I find I'll know more.
[24|23|20|18|13] v.0.9.9.3
[17|10|8|5|2] v.0.9.9.2
[15|11|10|6|3] v.0.9.9.1
[18|17|14|10|6] v.0.9.9

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike

I was just playing an Ao100 game and put what I thought was a sniper weapon pack on a plasma rifle and it added two more shots to the rifle and didn't touch the accuracy.
If you remember keeping the plasma rifle, check the mortem: the mod type should let you know for sure.  I know definitely that a firestorm mod is F; sniper is likely S.

I always wondered if Sniper weapon pack really would give 100% all the time.  I know that Max Carnage is max chance to hit (98%) so you don't expect much to miss, ever, but things like running, sidestepping, and Dodgemaster still work just fine for enemies firing upon you.  Perhaps the same is true of you firing on enemies, even if your shot is rated 100% coming out of the barrel.
I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Latest LPs: Angband, Delver

AStranger

• First Lieutenant
  • Cyberdemon Blade
    • View Profile

Luckily the game was earlier today, so I definitely remember it being S1, well I made it up to T3S1, but it was definitely S1. I can dig up the mortem if needed (actually I just did) and it says S1T3.
[24|23|20|18|13] v.0.9.9.3
[17|10|8|5|2] v.0.9.9.2
[15|11|10|6|3] v.0.9.9.1
[18|17|14|10|6] v.0.9.9

dougjoe2e

• Elder
  • Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

About a week ago I posted a Mortem in the Century Lounge:
http://forum.chaosforge.org/index.php/topic,2954.0.html

Just a confirmation of what others have posted: This character had a Plasma Rifle with Bulk, Firestorm, and Sniper mods.  4 extra shots (instead of 2) and, if I recall correctly, the accuracy didn't seem to be any better in practice.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 23:55 by dougjoe2e »
0.9.9.1:Arch-Vile Colonel [19/19/12/3/0]
0.9.9.2:Hell Baron Captain [21/12/7/1/0]
0.9.9.3:Mancubus 2nd Lieutenant  [18/9/7/1/0]
0.9.9.4:Mancubus 2nd Lieutenant  [17/9/7/1/0]
Pages: [1]