Chaosforge Forum

• April 19, 2024, 16:48
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [0.9.9.1] (WinXP SP3) Chainfire, color bugs, and questions.  (Read 1424 times)

Ratha

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

First off i just want to say that this is an amazing little game, ive had fun with it. Now id like to talk about some bugs ive discovered that i didnt see mentioned on the forums.

1: When chain firing a chaingun or plasma rifle, a single tile becomes colored yellow in the lower right hand side of the map while chainfiring. It appears 10 squares away from you diagonally down and to the right. In order to make it appear you usually need to be in the upper-left side of the map and have a valid monster targeted when you do the initial chain-shot.

2: When colorizing text, the text does not always colorize the full sentence. When the line breaks to the next line the phrase loses its color. Often times only one or two words will be colorized. Example below:
Fire -- Choose target...   The missile hits the former sergeant. The
former sergeant dies. <--- Loss of color.

(It should look like: The missile hits the former sergeant. The
former sergeant dies.
)

3: When using the "Light" colors (LightBlue, LightCyan, LightGreen, LightMagenta, LightRed, LightGray and Yellow) the text always appears as white on the bottom line of the main screen, on the top line it appears to be the color that it should be.
LightGreen_1: "* hits you.";
The former human hits you!  <---  Proper LightGreen on the top line and in the message log.
The former human hits you!  <---  White, not Green on the bottom main-screen line?

4: When using the normal colors (Blue, Cyan, Green, Magenta, Red, and Brown) the color appears as its 'bright' counterpart on the bottom line of display, and then on the top line and in the log it is dimmed and appears as its normal/dark color.
RED_1: "* hits you.";
The former human hits you!  <---  Proper Red on the top line and in the message log.
The former human hits you!  <---  LightRed, not Red on the bottom main-screen line?

I would like to use the LightColors for some stuff, but since they all display as white on 1/2 of the main screen they dont catch the eye, and are only useful for the message log. :\

5: The color Black_1 crashes the game when used in the DoomRL.ini even though the color.ini file has Black listed as a valid color.

-

Questions about coloring messages in the DoomRL.ini file:
6: Is it possible to color a single word? Like: The former human hits you!

7: Is it possible to use multiple colorizations for a phrase? Using one color to color the phrase, and another to color a specific word:
BROWN_1 = "The former human hits you!"; and then using RED_1 = "hits";
The former human hits you!

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 11:14 by Ratha »

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.9.1] (WinXP SP3) Chainfire, color bugs, and questions.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 06:49 »

The bit about the colour ending with the line break should be fixed for the final release at the very least. Not certain when it will happen.

As for the difference in colours - that's active and passive text. Not certain how to get around that for your light colours. Never heard of that black bug, either. I'll consult with Kornel.

As for the last two, not under the current configurations. I suppose it's possible, if we can convince Kornel that it would be useful.
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.
Pages: [1]