Chaosforge Forum

• March 29, 2024, 05:23
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: The 2nd most dangerous non boss enemy?  (Read 3620 times)

Angles of death

• Second Lieutenant
  • HOLD. DEVILS. POT OF TEA!
    • View Profile
The 2nd most dangerous non boss enemy?
« on: April 08, 2010, 02:54 »

The 2nd most dangerous so it's not the arch-vile I would say it's the revenant Revenants have a large LOS and their rockets HURT i have less trouble with Arachnos and barons so is the revenant the 2nd most dangerous non boss?Also what are the 3rd most dangerous?Probably barons arachnotrons or commando former humans
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 04:38 by Angles of death »
...........A...A....M...A.....V
......V.............@......A..>
........V....V..C....B....B..A
Take a look to the sky just before you die it's the last time he will!!!

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
Re: The 2nd most dangerous non boss enemy?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 03:34 »

Mancubi are the second most dangerous.  Damn losers can't aim and when they do hit you, you go from full life to zero in just one turn.
I computed, therefore I was.

chesnok

• Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 03:56 »

Mancubi used to be a freaking walking death with their 3 shot rockets of cover annihilation, now they are just slower BoH's - they usually die before even taking a shot.
I'd say Revenants, because while you can outdodge commandos and arachnotrons, you cant outdodge revenant - you either take cover or stand and fight.

BEEF

• Lance Corporal
  • Made in Argentina
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 07:58 »

Damn losers can't aim
For some reason they can when you're in a corridor. Which means you can't sidestep their missiles, and all three connect.

Anyway, a single revenant is more dangerous than a single mancubus if there's no walls nearby, and vice versa. If there's lots of either, you're dead either way if you can't get far enough out of the way that you only face one at a time. A BFG shot should take out some revenants in one hit, though.

UnderAPaleGreySky

• Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Chaos Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 09:46 »

How dangerous an enemy is really depends on game mode, difficulty, and character build. For instance, an Arch-Vile is far less dangerous to a player with MFa than a player with other builds.
Under a pale grey sky, we shall arise.

ChaoticJosh

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 12:23 »

Arachnotrons. I don't care what anyone says, because they have their own caves, which usually plots you in the middle of the level, completely surrounded, and then they all converge on you peppering you in a neverending cloud of plasma. With Revenants and Mancubi, I can atleast outwit them and use tactics and stuff. There is no strategy in arachnotron caves besides raw desperation tactics and being VERY well-prepared.

Now, when revenant/mancubi caves get implemented...

Fanta Hege

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Will it work? I HAVE NO IDEA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 19:38 »

That really depends.
But I'll probably say Mancubi aswell.

I mean really, holy shit they do damage.
If you do not have fireangel, are even 1 square close to a wall or meet them in a corridor, you're fucked.

Arachnotrons are also quite nasty as they come in packs, and demons due of their buff, meeting demons in early game has really made them more dangerous.
i dont even know anymore

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 00:57 »

Imagine Mancubi caves. After some turns, caves will become arena, if you still alive for that time.

Actually, about most dangereous non-boss enemy, I think this is Revenant. He does unpreventable for non-MFa player damage, has good armor and good speed. He also usually has 4-5 lives with proper support in Maze levels.
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

action52

• Elder
  • Sergeant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 23:02 »

I'm going to say Revenants as well. Mancubi can be extremely dangerous in certain situations, but Revenants are always dangerous.

Arachnotrons used to be contenders for the top 3, but since 0.9.9.1 they are much less dangerous. You still need to watch out, but I don't think arachno caves are anything like the death traps they used to be. If you can keep them at a distance, and/or you have Hellrunner, their shots will miss often enough that you should never be killed by an arachnotron unless you are unskilled or careless. Or both, like me. :P
Pages: [1]