DoomRL > Requests For Features

[IMPLEMENTED] Proposed Feature - Close Combat Weapon Slot

(1/2) > >>

Corremn:
Sorry that this was already mentioned (possible by me) on the previous site.  Anyway I guess this is already in consideration but I will bring it up again.

Having a close combat weapon slot or a quick swap (in game time) to an alternative weapon would be cool.
Of course you could just bump into enemies and it could switch to close combat weapon, this might make it too unrealistic though.

Thomas:
But then of course, more melee weapons may be excpected :P
IMO it wouldn't be much use, because by the time we get a melee weapon, we have a ranged one 2X stronger.
If we had stronger melee weapons (one tougher than the chaingun/dbl shotgun or somthing) then people might start using them regularly.

Anonymous:
I agree, in the original doom, you could even chainsaw coacodemons to prevent them from attacking 100% then they would die in about 3-4 seconds. It was much more powerful.

Igor Savin:
Quoting: AnonymousI agree, in the original doom, you could even chainsaw coacodemons to prevent them from attacking 100% then they would die in about 3-4 seconds. It was much more powerful.

Mmmm, maybe stun chainsawed monsters for a while? (maybe some types would be immune to it).

Kornel Kisielewicz:
Quoting: CorremnHaving a close combat weapon slot or a quick swap (in game time) to an alternative weapon would be cool.
Of course you could just bump into enemies and it could switch to close combat weapon, this might make it too unrealistic though.
Reading all other comments I decided that I will add a "Ready Weapon" slot. Swapping weapons will be twice as fast as using quickkeys, moreover I will add a "Juggler" trait that will reduce that to 25% at level 1 and 10% at level 2.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version