Chaosforge Forum

• April 18, 2024, 22:59
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: The topic for unlucky deaths  (Read 2356 times)

Angles of death

• Second Lieutenant
  • HOLD. DEVILS. POT OF TEA!
    • View Profile
The topic for unlucky deaths
« on: April 09, 2010, 04:14 »

I was playing doom rl [duh]i saw 2 demons near a barrel so i shot the barrel and the demons landed right next to me and proceded to rip out poor doomguys guts i only had 32 health and those damn demons took it.So please post your most unlucky death on this topic :)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 04:18 by Angles of death »
...........A...A....M...A.....V
......V.............@......A..>
........V....V..C....B....B..A
Take a look to the sky just before you die it's the last time he will!!!

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike
Re: The topic for unlucky deaths
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 15:14 »

By far, the most unluckiest of my deaths involve me peeking into a room and getting blasted by like, three manucbi.  I never had a chance.  Seriously, all the radar shooting in the world never have touched them; my best bet would have been blowing up the whole damn level.

Just had a Vile/Mancubi pack twice in a row while attempting Runner Gold (which is ridiculously harder than not-100%, lemme tell you).  Unfortunately, while the first one was in a nice corner, the second was out in the open, and I had little time to react.  Mancubi in an open space is definitely a crapshoot, especially when you're running.  I'm really starting to hate that badge (this run and the run that gave me Trigun but killed me with a level 3 Rev, followed closely by the 200 or so runs of me dying on the first level and its insanity).

Demons are a lot harder now, too, just because of (what I assume is) a small HP boost.  The fact the can hit you twice between your moves can REALLY take a chunk out of your health.  Had a lot of demon deaths just because I thought they wouldn't hit twice.

Oh, and there was this one time against AoD where I ran out of berserk in the middle of fighting him.  Absolutely pitiful, I hit him at least five times.
I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Latest LPs: Angband, Delver

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 01:23 »

My MOST unlucky death was when I forgot to change my save file and  moved to the sandbox. So DoomRL killed my 12 lvl character on the 30 lvl of hell, even without creating a mortem.

And I agree with Game Hunter that the unlucky deaths are the deaths when you can't avoid it. I once had an Arachno trap:
######@##
AAA=.....
====.....

If I move one step down I'll be dead. And corner trick for some reason didn't want to work.
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

Doops

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 13:24 »

Technically not a death but I was in the Chained Court and I was stuck in the room surrounded by lava with no health packs and low hp.
So i decide to use my phase device. I sucks me to one of the secret rooms. And I don't have any way out (no RL or other wall destroying weapon/item).

So I'm assuming doomguy died from starvation after trying to eat the agility mod pack.
Pages: [1]