Chaosforge Forum

• April 18, 2024, 03:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Garden of The Dark PBF - Main Thread  (Read 30705 times)

Aramilllion

• Lance Corporal
  • Metal heals my soul.
    • View Profile
Re: Garden of The Dark PBF - Main Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 09:46 »

Ramirez turned himself towards the Eldar, he was evidently cheerful that one of his companions decided to speak.
"It depends on your abilities and skills Miss, that is why I asked you both to say something about yourselves. But if you prefer not to, then for now just tell me how should we call you? For calling you 'Eldar' or 'Miss' every time seems to me a bit impractical." - he paused and nodded - "Before I give you orders, I must know what tasks you are suitable for."
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 10:01 by Aramilllion »
Space Marines never die, they just go to Hell to regroup.
Blood! Blood for the Blood God!

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 13:08 »

'You can call me whatever you like' she replied. 'My name is Sulyen, and I doubt that interest you. I am survivalist, I know how to survive in the wild, if that what you're asking for.'
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 13:27 »

Inertia smiled lightly with a mark of sympathy as the Eldar entered the cockpit, and then responded :
"On Thyss' surface we wage a regular war against Orks, which eagerly attack our outposts. Especially... Especially during the last month. Bizzare, this started around when we've discovered those... ruins.
Lane... Well, he's a bartender. We might assume that he is around well-informed about what happens in this place, no ? Ask him if it becomes possible. And information... The only thing coming to my head is to ask workers by themselves, but... Oh, never mind. It is you who is working for Holy Ordos, right ?"

Her pleasant smile had shown her extraordinarily white teeth.
"It seems like I am going to stay there for two, three days if need arises and nobody calls me back. Why ?"

Aramilllion

• Lance Corporal
  • Metal heals my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 14:14 »

"Very well then." - said Ramirez towards the Eldar - "So... Sulyen, are you familiar with any kind of weapons? Can I count on you when we encounter a combat situation?"
Then the Arbitrator answered Inertia's question: "You said we can communicate with the Magos via your ship's transmitter. I wanted to make sure for how long this possibility will be available. And what about the people's tendency to kill Xenos on sight? Hopefully not too intense."
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 15:34 by Aramilllion »

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 18:04 »

The Ork in the meantime seemed caught up in his own thoughts, not bothering much with what the little fleshy things were saying. Only occasionally he muttered to himself, "Heh... gon' get some top bitz now... gon' make Gork an' Mork da biggest shoota what an Ork done built..." followed shortly by more mad giggling.

Well, at least the greenskin looked to be in a good enough mood about being sent into a possible warzone.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2010, 01:02 »

"Perhaps the society is not much tolerant. I do not know about the Eldar - perhaps, if dressed thickly enough, people won't catch the diffirence. But Orks... I'm afraid some trigger-happy eager guards might get in your way much too hard.", the pilot scratched the back of her head, fiddling with her foxy hair for a while. "Special care might be demanded."

The lights flicker on the console as you leave "The Madman" behind, drifting through the dark, cold void. Blue-green Globe of Thyss is getting closer and closer... And so does the feeling of uneasiness somewhere deep, in the soul's bed.
With a silent hum, ship systems give out an announcement :
"Fifteen minutes to contact."
Then they fall silent again.

Aramilllion

• Lance Corporal
  • Metal heals my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2010, 11:56 »

Ramirez nodded towards Inertia - "That is just what I was thinking about." Then he asked the Eldar:
"Have you got anything to prevent yourself from being recognized as an Eldar?"
Finally, the Arbitrator sat opposite to the Ork and said loudly, with confidence:
"Ork, I hope you can hear and understand me. If you haven't heard it yet, I AM your leader now. So you must not attack unless I give you such order. You must behave calmly and not attract too much attention, otherwise you shall get yourself killed! Understood?"
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 11:58 by Aramilllion »

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2010, 10:11 »

The ork seemed to at last take notice - though it could simply be the raised voice drawing its attention. It grinned a big grin, filled with yellow, irregular, and very large teeth.

"Humie wiv big skullz over 'im say you boss?" the greenskinned brute snorted, reaching out an empty hand and giving the Arbites a testing poke in the shoulder. "Softie. See if you not get 'ead ripped off. Maybe care den," it said after a few moments, its rather tiny green ears giving a twitch at the mention of trigger-happy guards. "Humies wanna fight, we gives them a right good thumpin'!" it snorted again, idly patting the shoota by his side.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Aramilllion

• Lance Corporal
  • Metal heals my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2010, 14:49 »

The Arbitrator looked and was pretty surprised. He did not count on such successful communication with the Ork, in fact he was so astonished that he did not react to the 'testing poke'. He thought for a moment and answered:
"Well then. For now it will just fit me if you won't do anything stupid. Like charging someone unprovoked. Or going for a little bashin' because you feel bored. I don't need a triggerhappy martyr in my team. Therefore I hope you shall listen to my orders so I wouldn't have to use... ultimate arguments. Those fatal ones." - ended Ramirez with a firm facial expression, however he didn't seem eager to blow up his companions.

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2010, 09:08 »

Seeing the Ork close on her, Sulyen took a step back, getting closer to Ramirez. Apparently, she was still afraid of this beast.

'As long... as long as I have hood on, I doubt that your people will notice what I am' she muttered to the arbitator.
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Aramilllion

• Lance Corporal
  • Metal heals my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2010, 13:28 »

"Very good, the Emperor looks at us most favourably. Now, the only problem is the Ork. But since it is impossible to conceal so recognizable silhouette, we can only pray for some fortune. Unless we provoke a street fight, everything ought to be all right.
Now, both of you, do you have anything more to add before we land? Any suggestions, proposals, requests?"
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 13:37 by Aramilllion »

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2010, 15:16 »

Hearing that nobody is up to ask any questions more, without one word Inertia turned on her seat towards the console, once again plugging into the system and grasping the wheel.
"Autopilot is offline.", announced the machine loudly, through the cracking speaker. "Two minutes to contact."

"Fasten your belts, boys and girls, it might shake a bit...", sneered the pilot, her voice changed a little, perhaps because of communion with a spirit of the machine.

Behind the windows, everything became more and more bright and the air inside the cockpit started seeming warmer, to a point it almost twitched. Silent hissing of hot metal could be heard as you were advancing slowly towards the surface.

Servo-skull turned around nervously with a silent beeping noise, as if frantically checking the hull's integrity.

Aramilllion

• Lance Corporal
  • Metal heals my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2010, 13:45 »

The Arbitrator was not very pleased seeing none of his comrades eager to share one's thoughts.
He left the cockpit, sat on his place and braced for landing.
"Well, squad, the first stage of our initial mission begins in a moment. We shall not fail. Emperor prevails!"
"By the way, whose property is that servo-skull?" - he asked more casually after a while.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2010, 15:20 »

The Arbitrator's question hanged in the dense air as you passed the edge of the planet's atmosphere. It appears that evening is to come soon. For now it is bright yet, but the sky is already turning red, being covered in few ragged clouds - but from the east there is a wall of dark ones closing in slowly. Perhaps the night is going to be rainy...
Suprisingly, the air did not get any less muggy than when you were getting into the globe. It is actually hard to breathe, and it is just the evening. Who knows how it shall be in the midday ?

A quick glance down through the window reveals the landscape of some dangerous beauty. The most of the globe visible to you, if not flooded by extraordinarily clean water, is covered with dense, thick jungle. The land is extremely uneven, for now you are closing in to the mountain zone, its bare edges high in the sky as you descend.

This is when the story begins.

"No clue where the outpost is...", sneered the pilot clutching the rudder as half an hour of flight passed in the dense air. "And somehow I can not establish a connection with it. Something must be wrong with a radio..."
But her further suspicions couldn't be revealed.

Gunfire.
You can hear bullets ricocheting from the hull and in a lucky shot cracking the window - its shards soak the Eldar in an intimidating storm, its loud crack ringing in your ears...

"Orks !"

Aramilllion

• Lance Corporal
  • Metal heals my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2010, 15:58 »

"Emperor damn them! I'm not very familiar with airfight, did we take any severe damage? And how long can we withstand them firing at us?" Ramirez though surprised at first, then behaved as befits a commanding officer.
"And how is it possible you cannot find the outpost?! Thought you've been there already quite a few times!"
"Squad, brace yourselves. It is possible that we shall land in the middle of a fight, so I want you to be ready for combat. Let's stick together and no one shall get hurt. Probably. I hope you know which side of the conflict you are fighting for, as if not, I shall kill you myself."
"Eldar, are you alright?" - he asked Sulyen noticing her rained with shards.
After giving the orders the Arbitrator checked his guns and awaited Inertia's answer.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 15:10 by Aramilllion »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5