Chaosforge Forum

• April 19, 2024, 07:01
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Garden of The Dark PBF - Main Thread  (Read 30733 times)

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
Re: Garden of The Dark PBF - Main Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2010, 15:42 »

The Mekboy seemed to become more lively at the sound of gunfire. To him, it meant there'd be stuff to loot down below. Already he was grinning like a madboy strapped to giant rocket booster; when the window next to the Eldar blew out, he let out a loud, bellowing laugh.

"Haw! Little humie flyers, fall apart soon as ya whack them!" he observed, with the typical Orkish wit. Rather than bracing himself, the Ork began to rock back and forth in his harness, eagerly awaiting being let loose to smash some heads, and repeating, like a very loud mantra, over and over, the same three words...

"'Ere we go! 'Ere we go! 'Ere we go!..."
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2010, 07:18 »

Hearing arbitator question, Sulyen nodded. Her vestments spotted several bright red spots from tiny splinters of glass puncturing her skin. 

'I am not wounded in the way that could interfere with my usability' she said, pulling out a large shard of reinforced glass from her shoulder.

'We could drop here, in the wild' she added after a while, mumbling and uncertain if she will not get punished for daring to suggest something 'If we find some sort of solid ground, I would be able set a camp there. Then, we could reach the safer place on foot, unnoticed.'

She gave the arbitator a fearful glare, looking for any sing of anger on his face

'I- I apologize for speaking unasked' she stuttered. 
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 12:51 by Gargulec »
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2010, 13:01 »

Shock. The whole machine trembles.

Sulyen's words drown in a sudden, loud and unsettling roaring of flames as the far left engine explodes, turning into a portable ball of fire, growing with each second. You can feel supernatural heat allocating in the cockpit. At the moment, everything falls dead silent. It gets to you after a while. Nothing got more calm, bullets swing in the air still and still. You regain hearing after few seconds which seemed like eternity. The burdening noise of combat bombards your brains with pain.

Your pilot seems unaware or careless of what happened. Still sits in the seat, clutching the wheel, despite slugs ringing against the hull

Like a rain in the middle of a summer...

You get to know what happened when the air smelling like burning meat comes to your lungs, scratching them from inside. Inertia bleeds from the ears, nose and mouth. Her eyes sparkle, prying on the console spitting sparks and smoke. The explosion possibly caused a local shortage.

This is the price of communion with the machine. Its spirit shares everything - even death... You feel your guts twitching and turning inside-out.

It appears your spacecraft is heavily damaged, under fire and likely to crash in any moment. Moreover, the pilot is dead.

You head towards a wall of stone, growing rapidly in the middle of the front glass.

"...tical s-s-s-system malfunction-function... bzzzt... stem malf..."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aramilllion

• Lance Corporal
  • Metal heals my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2010, 16:06 »

Ramirez was just about to say something like 'You did nothing wrong' to Sulyen when the hell unleashed.
At first he was shocked and stared at the pilot's corpse, but he got over after a while, yet still was unable to approach to Inertia's remains.
The Arbitrator tried to rapidly calculate chances of survivaland eventual options of breaking free from this contingency.
A few seconds was enough for him to reach some fearful conclusions. So he started shouting the orders, still trying not to look at the dead pilot.

'Ork! Can you fly a ship like that?! If you can, land this piece of crap immediately!' - In his soul Ramirez begged the Emperor for that wish to come true...

'Eldar! Shall we survive jumping down to the surface from this height?' - he doubted it, but it was the best idea he hit on by that time.

While waiting for the answers he appraised the time left until crushing onto the grey rock in front of them. The results was not optimistic.
Either way, he grabbed his equipment and prepared to jump through the window, if that one is really necessary.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 16:08 by Aramilllion »
Space Marines never die, they just go to Hell to regroup.
Blood! Blood for the Blood God!

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2010, 18:15 »

The ork simply grinned at the question, shaking his head. Then, rather abruptly, the greenskin pulled free from his harness and leapt towards the closest exit from the craft, apparently preferring to take his chances with the ground than with shoddy human work. His "mantra" had changed a bit, too...

"Gotta go, gotta go, gotta go..."

12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2010, 15:09 »

The eldar shouted in terror, and grabbing her sack, she stuffed herself even deeper into the corner of the crashing ship's interior.

'I-I-I don't know! Don't know!' she shouted towards Ramirez.

Aramilllion

• Lance Corporal
  • Metal heals my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2010, 15:53 »

'Survivalist...' - muttered Ramirez quietly to himself with deprecation.

He glimpsed around for the last time seeking for something useful that was not yet taken, and approached the Eldar.
'Stick close to me, Eldar, for we ARE jumping RIGHT AWAY.' - while speaking, the Arbitrator grabbed Sulyen's hand and pulled her towards the Ork, trying to move as fast as possible.

'Ork! You jump first, then we shall follow you!' - said and clapped the Ork's shoulder. Then he prepared to jump immediately after the Mekboy in order to either grab him too, or just fall on him, hoping that this big green piece of meat will break their fall, and they shall all survive this insane move.
'Emperor aid us...' - he whispered.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2010, 14:15 »

Being grabbed, Sulyen immediately fell flabby, and did not oppose being dragged.

'I'll jump, sir...' she said.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2010, 14:30 »

The Ork didn't seem concerned with the fate of the two pink-skins sharing the falling shuttle with him. He simply wrenched open the hatch of the craft - not the most difficult task, as they weren't made to withstand enemy fire and Orks tugging on them at the same time - and, without even bothering to look down, dropped through into the rushing air as soon as the way was open, cackling for a moment before the roar of the wind snatched that noise away.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2010, 14:59 »

You make it outside barely in the last possible moment before the wreck slams against the bare rock, spitting fire and molten steel with a loud, painful roar. Scraps of metal and clusters of rock fly around, cutting the air filled with vivid, choking smoke, giving away a loud, whirling sound. The Omnissiah's hollow bird of steel dies a death of a true martyr, taking His acolyte along...

Luckily, in the second of impact you found yourselves far enough to avoid the storm of pellets, slashing heavily everything in their way. But still, the overwhelming heat could be felt easily.

Underneath, there were trees.
Somebody is truly smiling upon you for now. Just hope that the smile was not a sign of irony...

The Ork stopped on a thick branch of an enormous plant. The wood protested with a loud crack, but, suprisingly, withstood the fall.

Unfortunately, the Arbitrator and the Eldar followed a split-second later. The tree has suddenly lost his temper and you kept on travelling down its trunk, hopefully losing some of an impact's energy.

Thud. Thud, thud.

Act One : The Longest Night
"Strange is the night when black stars rise
And strange moons circle through the skies
But stranger still is...
...Lost Carcosa."

After you regain your senses, it appears that it's getting dark already and the sun is slowly sinking behind the horizon.
You, scratched, beaten and still reeling from the shock, but still alive, find yourselves on a mountain plain, from three sides shielded with stone crags. There's a tiny forest here, and silent whispering of rushing water can be heard from a nearby river - and a waterfall.
The wreckage is hammered deeply between rocks, still sparking from time to time. Few chunks still burn, lying on a plain, along with scraps and pieces of machinery which were thrown out during the impact. A pillar of white smoke raises high into the sky.

You would feel at ease if not these traumatic moments you came through a while before... And a little item nearby on the ground.
With a feeling of relief you realize that a skull in the grass does not belong to any of you nor a pilot either. It's a malfunctioned translator servo-skull, few wires plucked outside and bone badly shattered - the cogitator unit is clearly visible from between the shards.

You have no idea of where you should go now and how much time may it eventually take.  And it seems like radio unit is burnt to chunks and smashed to bits if not better...

The sky slowly turns black, dark clouds rush from the north bringing rain. Slightly cold wind is blowing, bringing the smell of fire and molten metal.

Aramilllion

• Lance Corporal
  • Metal heals my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2010, 07:29 »

The Arbitrator jumped out from the shuttle immediately after the Ork, but even so he did not entirely avoid the shockwave nor the heat of the explosion.
Therefore he was a little dazed for a while. He regained full consciousness after a second and realized two facts: The ground was approaching rapidly, and he let the Eldar loose. On the moment, Ramirez considered the first issue more distressing.

There was hardly a time for reflections, so he did not undertake any complex tactics,
just tried to break his fall by any means necessary. That included screaming, spreading widely his limbs and desperately grasping branches in his range.
Surprisingly, it helped a lot for there were many bouncy branches on the Arbitrator's way down.

In the result, the ground impact could almost be called pleasant after the latest events.
"Thank You, Immortal God-Emperor for watching over me." - whispered Ramirez when he learnt that was still alive and apparently unharmed.

After a while he recalled that there was a warzone all around. As he was trained, he got up quickly with gun ready to fire, and scouted around for enemies.
Seeing none, he checked if his companions are roughly all right, aiding them if necessary.

Finally the Arbitrator sat down with his weapon prepared and guarded till the squadmates regain consciousness.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 07:31 by Aramilllion »

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2010, 14:44 »

The roar of the explosion faded, giving way to the sound of falling Ork, a steady "Waaaagh!" at that point near the late-middle "a" part. The sound was then suddenly cut short by a loud grunt and the crack and creak of strained wood as the Mekboy's bulk got caught on the branch. He might have been happy to stay there, even, had someone not chosen that time to land on his back.

*snap*

The descent was marked with noise of further branches snapping along the way, punctuated by ever more colourful swearing from the greenskin, culminating in a full-body impact that shook some more leaves from the tree, and left a vaguely Ork-shaped impression in the ground. A few moments later, the Ork's shoota landed on the ground with a dull thud. Another moment after that, the choppa followed suit, embedding itself in an exposed root with a satisfying thunk.

The Ork displayed a simple and effective method for checking his condition. He got up, probably throwing the two pink-skins who landed on him off his back. He straightened up well enough, no bones broken that he could tell. The green brute sat up, shook his head much like a dog might, spat out a few chunks of soil he'd bitten off during landing (along with a few teeth, which he promptly gathered up and stuffed in his pockets,) and cackled.

"Good start," he observed, gathering up his weapons. Something else caught his eye, though - the remains of the servo-skull. Reacting quickly, the Ork leapt at it, snatching it up and stuffing it down his backpack with the rest of his "tools".

Aramilllion

• Lance Corporal
  • Metal heals my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2010, 16:32 »

On the Arbitrator's face appeared a sign of relief when he saw the Mekboy getting up and realised that at least one of his comrades is apparently unharmed. He gave a discreet sigh and thanked the Emperor once again.
"Ork! I'm glad you're fully functional. I see you have already looted that servo-skull. How do you think, is it possible to recover some data from it's internal memory? We could pobably make a good use of those." - said Ramirez without getting up from his makeshift stool.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2010, 11:05 »

Eldar was the last to fall. Why she tried to slow her rather rapid descent by grabbing onto one of the branches, her weight combined with the weight of her backpack snapped it, sending her plummeting to the ground. She did not make the impressive sound like the ork did after hitting the dirt, though.

For a minute or two she remained in place, seeming stunned, though she managed to recover and assume a standing, if somewhat shaky stance.

'M-mmaster?' she stuttered, looking dazed at Ramirez.

Aramilllion

• Lance Corporal
  • Metal heals my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2010, 08:05 »

"Sulyen! I am content that you stood up on your own for that means you are still quite operative. Though I would rather you sat down and take off your gear. At least for a few moments." - said Ramirez towards the Eldar and waited till she sat down. He was apparently gladsome seeing both of his inferiors almost undamaged.

"Good. Now, tell me if you are injured. Oh, and one more thing: just before the shotdown you asked me for forgiveness. There was no need to. I really appreciated, and I shall in the future, individual thinking and speaking one's mind." - said the Arbitrator to encourage the Eldar and calm her down.

After that Ramirez stood up and turned towards both his companions and said:
"OK, in this circumstances our main goal is to survive and get to the nearest army's outpost. In my opinion we should stay here for few hours or whole night to have some rest, and then set out. But Sulyen" - said directly to the Eldar - "you are the survivalist, so you opinion is essential. What are your ideas and proposals?"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5