DoomRL > Modding

Restless (0.9.9.1)

(1/4) > >>

Gargulec:
This is yet another variant of add's Infinite Arena. Fight through 25 waves of all types of enemies, and finally defeat the Death itself. You only have a very decent sword and destroyable armor, which regenerates.
They are both cursed. Armor is regenerating at the expense of your health.
No items spawn. You gain HP every time you kill a foe, and every killed shade restores you to 'cautious' state. Have fun.

GREAT, GREAT thanks to add1 and Simon-v. It would not be even remotely possible without them.

[UPDATE] New version. Disabled one very abusive trick (I hope). Added something EEEEEVIL. Tweaked spawn rates to make them less insane.

[UPDATE] New version. Pain Elementals are back. Added something NNNICE. Tweaked spawn rates. Added new version of shade.

[UPDATE] Fixes and additions. Winnable now. More sensible foe generation. No former foos. A lot of crossbows. And skeletons. Change to color scheme. Added altfire for the sword. Red shades restore the tired status. Guarantee shades at each wave. Upped Azrael.

[UPDATE] Changed some names. Some fixes. New enemy (watch for memories coming back to life!). New graphical style.

There are two versions of 005- one with partially visible floor and second with only void. Which is better?

Simon-v:
What. The. Hell.

Gargulec, you evil bastard!

This is very well-written, the theme is very distinct and vivid. And the horror, the horror!

Game Hunter:
Apparently you don't think spawning Arch-viles and Revenants on wave 5 is evil enough.  (This could be an issue with the way Infinite Arena is designed, however: the spawns themselves could use some scaling.  Right now it appears that there's either some kind of "total difficulty" that determines what and how many can go it, or a weighting and changes based on the wave.  Either way, there's got to be a ceiling for certain enemies, both in this and Patience.)  The lack of real, solid pillars is actually a problem most of the time, especially when it comes to Revenants and Mancubi: it just gives units with range another advantage on you.

I can understand why Pain Elementals were taken out, but wouldn't it also be possible to introduce a health ceiling?  The original certainly has one.  500% health was pretty fun to have, though.

The Armor of Contempt, if anything, is a major hindrance later on (and by that I mean, starting around wave 5).  Three armor really doesn't cut it against punchier enemies.  What we're looking at is a Necroarmor that is inferior in every way, only SLIGHTLY helped by the fact that you gain health after every kill.  Give some knockback and movespeed beneifts (like the real one) and it might actually be worth something.  I'm glad it's destroyable, though, maybe it'll eventually just wear out after a hard enough battle.

Obviously we're looking at a melee build here, but to what extend I'm not exactly sure.  Vampyre seems redundant (is the extra 3 worth it when you already get 5?) but has knockback beneifts that could reeeeeealy come in handy.  Blademaster has Hellrunner, but that does nothing for Revs.  I'm almost tempted to start with a single point in Brute and work my way to MFa, what with the tons of splash you have to deal with.

EDIT: Oh, nevermind, you did introduce a health ceiling.  Guess I know what to get then...

Gargulec:

--- Quote from: Game Hunter on April 24, 2010, 16:13 ---The Armor of Contempt, if anything, is a major hindrance later on (and by that I mean, starting around wave 5).  Three armor really doesn't cut it against punchier enemies.  What we're looking at is a Necroarmor that is inferior in every way, only SLIGHTLY helped by the fact that you gain health after every kill.  Give some knockback and movespeed beneifts (like the real one) and it might actually be worth something.  I'm glad it's destroyable, though, maybe it'll eventually just wear out after a hard enough battle.

--- End quote ---

It is not destroyable. Survive until wave ten, and you should find it much more useful.

Game Hunter:

--- Quote from: Gargulec on April 24, 2010, 16:49 ---It is not destroyable. Survive until wave ten, and you should find it much more useful.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Gargulec, from first post ---You only have a very decent sword and destroyable armor, which regenerates.

--- End quote ---
*cough*

In any case, I'm glad the health ceiling got upped.  100% was a little low.  The current scaling's kinda slow, but that's only comparing it to before; I'm sure I'll be more than capable (and glad) to get used to it.

EDIT: Dear God, PLEASE tell me you meant to make the knockback numbers -s?  It'll be a great bonus if/once it's fixed, but right now it's pretty unplayable at wave 21 and up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version