Chaosforge Forum

• April 16, 2024, 04:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [0.9.9.1] (Win) Leveling up on last kill in Hells Arena  (Read 2664 times)

samspot

• Elder
  • Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

On UV, the last baron I killed leveled me up.  I was not presented with the trait screen and instead got the hells arena finished message.  The Ironman trait was chosen automatically.

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.9.1] (Win) Leveling up on last kill in Hells Arena
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 02:19 »

Going to take a wild intuitive leap here and guess that you've not set up a leveling scheme in/edited your doomrl.ini?
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

samspot

• Elder
  • Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 08:41 »

No I have not.

It sounds I hit the default value in the case that the player is unable to chose a trait for some reason. 

Amazingly this has gone on to be one of my best UV games to date, even with a 'wasted' trait in there :)

you

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • First Sergeant
  • I am You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 12:43 »

Cannot confirm this bug. Tried to recreate the situation and got normal levelup as usual.

samspot

• Elder
  • Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 13:33 »

I wonder if i flinched or held the enter key too long when I was walking through the arena messages.  I would try to recreate, but i'm not sure how long it would take me to live through hells arena on UV again, not to mention timing my kills correctly to gain a level at the end.

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 17:40 »

I wonder if i flinched or held the enter key too long when I was walking through the arena messages.
I was not presented with the trait screen and instead got the hells arena finished message.  The Ironman trait was chosen automatically.
Quote #2 makes quote #1 impossible: even if you had extra Enter key commands lined up, the trait screen would still have shown up.

I have noticed that traits come into play the second they're taken, though.  You can trigger a berserk on the same turn you take Berserker, TH will shoot another shot of your rapid-fire weapon (even if you already shot the whole volley), DG will fire the second pistol when there's nothing to shoot at.  Perhaps this is along the same vein in that commands aren't occurring in an order but simultaneously, thus throwing off the normal order.
I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Latest LPs: Angband, Delver

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 07:27 »

Alright, samspot - try to remember some stuff for me:

What weapon were you using? What was your build so far?

What exactly were you doing at the time this happened? I.E. I took one step north. I took one step west. I dodged the Baron's incoming attack on this move. I then fired my chaingun at the Baron. The third shot killed the Baron. No trait screen, remaining volleys fire, Hell's Arena complete message displays. I check and see that I've been assigned Ironman.

And one not so memory intensive: What's your operating system?
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.
Pages: [1]