Chaosforge Forum

• May 07, 2024, 20:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39

Author Topic: Scales of War: DnD 4e PBF  (Read 196481 times)

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
Re: Scales of War: DnD 4e PBF
« Reply #105 on: June 13, 2010, 14:55 »

'Might as well go with you' said Karan with a shrug. 'Not that I have anything better to do.'

For a while, she remained silent, pondering about something. Then, all of sudden, she turned towards you, and asked.

'How... common are tieflings in the places you come from? And how are they treated?'
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 13, 2010, 15:10 »

"Hmm, not too many. I never really had a home, but I suppose the Mage Order I studied under would be a close equivalent. We had several there, but to those devoted to the arcane arts, prejudice frowned upon as it impedes the studies of those around you." Adis replied. "As for seeing any before the... Order..." his voice began to trail off as he tried to recall something from his memory, but to no avail. With a deep sigh he shook his head. "Sorry I can't remember anything else. For some reason my memory gets hazy when ever I try to remember anything before my second year at the Order."
(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 13, 2010, 15:40 »

Karan nodded in response.

'Thank you for the answer, even if incomplete, Mage. I as well understand how does it feel to have memories that you can't access. Though...' she paused, likely not sure whether to continue, before finally doing so 'At times I have... dreams. Nightmares, to be exact. And I in grave fear that they are more than mere dreams. That they are, actually, fragments of memories. And if it so... I don't want to remember.'

She stopped talking, and gave you tentative smile.

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 13, 2010, 16:17 »

Adis couldn't help but laugh at the mention of nightmares. "I too know a thing or two about... Nightmares. In fact I was told I used to wake up screaming. I still have them, every night in fact. But I got used to them. Sometimes I even enjoy my nightly... 'journeys' " Even though the topic was so serious, Adis' face contained a huge grin.
(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 13, 2010, 16:27 »

'I am having hard time imagining how could you 'enjoy' them, Mage' replied Karan, sharing the smile, which soon faded, as she continued her speech. 'Though, I do as well... In a fashion. I dream of killing, spilling blood. I see images of people I killed and those I wanted to kill... And I want to kill more, to taste blood and rage, caring for nothing and no one, on constant rampage. I dread the day those dreams are going to come true.'

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 13, 2010, 16:42 »

"Heh, reminds me of watching Legion Devils fighting in Baator. Was really unsettling the first time."

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 13, 2010, 16:44 »

Instead of replying, Karan gave Adis a surprised glare.

'Mage? What did you mean?'

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2010, 16:57 »

Adis stopped, his face suddenly contemplative. "Did I say that out loud? Oh dear, I suppose it would have come out eventually." He paused, and collected his thoughts. "I suppose the easiest way to explain is that I have a hole in my mind about the size if a pin head. That 'hole' leads to the Outer Planes. I do not know what put it there but every night I am treated to a random view of the Outer Planes. They also seem to be slanted towards the more evil oriented Planes Like Baator, the Abyss or Gehenna. Actually Gehenna isn't that bad, just a lot of empty land..." His explanations quickly turned into a travel guide from his observatons as he began to talk more and more to himself rather than his companions.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2010, 17:04 »

Surprisingly, Karan chuckled, though there was little happiness in it.

'Outer Planes, you say? Well, then you might have seen my father somewhere out there...'

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2010, 17:25 »

"Hey guys! Wait up!" Norian runs up from behind, having lagged a bit. "What are you two talking about? Is it something interesting?"
<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2010, 17:34 »

Adis fell back a step and put an arm around Norian's shoulder. "You bet! Say Norian, you ever wonder what Pelor looks like..."

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2010, 17:44 »

"Why, yes. I have always wondered what Pelor REALLY looked like. I mean," Norian looks quizzical for a second, "They sort of give us an approximation while we're learning the ways of a Cleric, and his "face" adorns my holy symbol, but I've always wondered what he would appear as to me. Why do you ask?"
<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2010, 18:21 »

"Well then you are in luck my friend because I, Adis, have the ability to random gaze into the outer planes and if I'm lucky I will take a peek into Elysium. So should I see Pelor, I will get back to you..."

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2010, 19:22 »

The Hall of Great Valor is a well constructed wooden building, about 50 feet in width, and twice that in length. It appears to have been quite heavily damaged in last nights festivities: chairs and tables are scattered and strewn about. Flame scarred boards sag from the vaulted ceiling, and in a few places it seems that the roof might actually collapse. A hodgepodge of people are trying to clear the rubble and five in the centre are actually constructing scaffolds to fix the roof. These people seem to know what they are doing, and tend to pay you little to no attention.

Hailing two dwarves entering with a huge wooden beam gets you pointed in the direction of where Javil is most likely to be - a small room on the far side of the rubble. Getting five people across the rubble littered floor is no small task, and it takes the better part of half an hour before you are able to knock at a small door with the inscription "Scholar of Valor". The door was not locked, and apparently not sealed at all. It swings slowly inwards, and after a few seconds a disheveled looking man stops rifling through a pile of paper work to acknowledge your entry.

His eyes narrow at you, and he doesn't appear very welcoming. "What? What do you want? If you're here to help with the Hall, ask the dwarves in the centre of the room. They'll give you a task."
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 13, 2010, 23:19 »

"Actually we were told that some items of interest we stolen during the raid. We have come to inquire, at Councilman Troyas behest, about them and any information about the Red Hand."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39