Chaosforge Forum

• April 19, 2024, 18:08
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 39

Author Topic: Scales of War: DnD 4e PBF  (Read 194090 times)

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
Re: Scales of War: DnD 4e PBF
« Reply #135 on: June 15, 2010, 06:42 »

- "Where we can find this... Morrik... if we decide to try and gain some information from him?"
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 15, 2010, 06:48 »

Troyas, nearly through the door, turns around "Oh didn't I say? He's chained in the square down by the river. North and west of here. You'll have to pass by him to cross the bridge over the river to the Northern gate regardless. If you have need of me, ask a Guard. I will try to answer as quickly as possible." With that he is gone, leaving you now to decide your own fate.
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 15, 2010, 06:52 »

Norian shouts as Troyas leaves "May Pelor always shine on you!" as is customary for Clerics from his school to say when someone of importance leaves. "Well then, let us go find this Morrik fellow." Norian, for once, leads the charge.
<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 15, 2010, 18:41 »

"If questioning Morrik becomes difficult, would any of you have objections to me persuading him?" Adis asked. You could clearly tell from his face that he was thinking up creative ways to persuade Morrik.
(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 16, 2010, 02:14 »

"Um..." Norian nervously said as he looked around. "Depends on what you have in mind for Persuasion. I can't say that I'll tolerate any harsh action against him, though I haven't met him yet, so who knows...At any rate, you have to give us an idea of what you're going to do."
<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 16, 2010, 02:19 »

"Oh, I'll just ask him a simple question: Would he rather be caught lightning storm or an ice storm, then I'll show him what it's like depending on his answer; He'll just have to stay 'there' until he's ready to answer our other questions. I wont kill him of course, but this all depends on how he behaves."
(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 16, 2010, 02:27 »

"Erm..." Norian looks a little uneasy. Obviously, this could get messy, but, it was true that they may need the information. "I guess that is fine. As much as I don't approve of it, sometimes, you have to do things you don't wan't to." Norian looks up at the sky, and offers an apology to Pelor "Oh Pelor, Holy Sun, please forgive us for what we may do in our quest, for there might not be any other way" Norian looks down "And with that, it is time to go find our new friend Morrik."

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 16, 2010, 03:23 »

Getting to Brindol's town square was quite simple, walk north to the walls, and west until you hit the river and viola! Town square!

In the centre of the square there's a set of makeshift stocks. The Hobgoblin is currently occupying them, and appears to be shackled as well. Two Guards stand nearby to make sure that he doesn't escape...as well as the townsfolk don't get overzealous with him. That being said, there is quite a lot of evidence of rotten fruit and vegetables having been thrown in his direction. That being said, at least the wounds he sustained in the raid two nights ago have been bandaged. He appears to be nearly fully healed from the encounter.

Skill Challenge: Persuade Morrik

The Guards nod in your direction, apparently aware of your new assignment in that they seem to be expecting you. They smile menacingly towards Morrik and say "Well Hobgoblin, now you're in for it. These five took down your Ogre. Imagine what they'll do to you." One Guard winks at you and they step away from the stockades. They do stay well within earshot, though.

Morrik wearily raises his head, looks your group over and grunts out, "I ain't saying nothin' unless you people let me go."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Order (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 03:59 by Tavana »
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 16, 2010, 04:19 »

"Listen, Morrik. We're not here to torment you." Norian glares at Adis a bit "We simply want some information. Now, of course, I don't want it for free. I'm willing to bargin. Granted, I probably can't obtain your freedom, but I'm sure we can work something out, say, better treatment, perhaps? What do you say?"

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 16, 2010, 07:57 »

'Let us cut a deal' said Karan, sitting in the front of shackled goblin. 'We can do two things to you, you know. Kill you were you are and spare you several weeks if not months of constant humiliation followed by messy death due to stray stone thrown by one of angered townsfolk. Or something similar, believe me, you would not be the first goblinoid to end up that way' she paused, and gave the goblin a dry smile. 'Or, you could cooperate, tell us how to reach your camp safely, and then we would do our best to ensure that you are released.'

And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

fwoop

• Elder
  • Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 16, 2010, 09:47 »

Rah knew nothing of this diplomacy stuff! But he could tell his friends needed help. Rah looks to the sky and ponders, What Would Peelor Do? Hmm...

I have to do something that Peelor likes. Peelor is a dog. Dogs like... tummy scratches?

He looks at the hobgoblin. He did not look like he'd enjoy a tummy scratch.

He sees all the refuse around the hobgoblin. The rotten food didn't look nice. Food! What food do dogs like... meat!

Rah, convinced of this unbreakable chain of logic, does what is Right.
"Yous"
Rah points a leg of roasted meat at the hobgoblin
"Have meats. Meats taste good. Eat lots. Then talk, ok?"
He reluctantly hands the meat to the hobgoblin.

Giving away meat... Peelor is very demanding! Rah gains more respect for Nori - he must have it tough.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 16, 2010, 14:19 »

- "Well if he decides he doesn't want to talk you can always leave him with Adis and us." - Graven's eyes give ominous green glow for a moment - "This unit predicts that some of spirits here wouldn't mind a god talk with the creature.

Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 16, 2010, 16:52 »

During his companions attempts at getting the Hobgoblin to talk, Adis was practicing his spells. Refining them in plain sight of the wretched creature. Seeing as it was his turn, Adis walked over to Morrik with a huge smile and began to whisper in his ear.
"Have you ever thought about what an ice sculpture feels like?" With that Adis pointed his stave at the ground, freezing it with a Ray of Frost. Morrik was unharmed, but his feet were now standing on icy ground. "If the experience interests you, we can start with the toes and work our way up. If you're not interested..." Adis' voice suddenly got dark, "we will start with the toes and work our way up..."

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 17, 2010, 02:53 »

Morrik swings his head around, and accepts the meat feebly. He bites viciously from the leg, apparently not noticing the chill creeping up from his feet. He mutters briefly in his tongue and turns back to Adis, doing his best to stare him down, saying "You lot took down an Ogre, right? You kin' do better than this."

The Guards grunt at his comment, but stay away from your group for the moment.

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 17, 2010, 03:22 »

When Morrik speaks in Goblin, Norian picks it up. He cringes a bit, and whispers to Adis "Hey, knock it off with the spellcasting. He just said "Cast one spell and me and you'll never make it to Rivenroar, pig." So, we need to figure something else out."
Straightening back up, Norian tries to figure out what to do next. He decides to try and impress the goblin with some history that he learned in training.

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 39