Chaosforge Forum

• April 27, 2024, 17:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 39

Author Topic: Scales of War: DnD 4e PBF  (Read 195390 times)

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Re: Scales of War: DnD 4e PBF
« Reply #285 on: July 24, 2010, 18:17 »

Graven's charge lightly damages the mass of creatures, but his resounding area of cold freezes the crap out of the drakes. The remaining creatures are tiny little icicles. They don't move anymore.

Graven hears a loud grunt beside him when he issues out his cold aura as well! A medium sized creature suddenly pulls itself away from the wall and prepares a small pick, and glares at the Warforged.

The remaining Drake nibbles at Adis as he moves to stand up, letting his blood flow once more. Adis' attack shatters the icicled Drakes, and the Gnome cries out in pain as it slides backwards. It quickly switches to its crossbow and fires a bolt at Graven, missing badly.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

fwoop

• Elder
  • Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 24, 2010, 23:25 »

A wide grin breaks onto Rah's face. Things were getting dangerous!

He hops on all fours and bounds up the stairs snarling!

« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 23:30 by fwoop »

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 24, 2010, 23:34 »

Rah punches at the air. Go Rah!

The Drakes pull Adis down once more, biting him for all they are worth once more. Thankfully he's still concious this time.

Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 26, 2010, 18:29 »

Norian facepalms. "It just keeps getting better and better..." He moves up, shoots a LoF at the gnome, and heals Adis. Again.

<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 27, 2010, 03:11 »

Norian's faith makes up for earlier lack of direction by smacking the life out of the Gnome. Adis suddenly looks a lot better, as well.

Sadly, as Karan starts to stir, the Needlefangs set into her body, and she quickly stops moving.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 27, 2010, 03:22 »

Graven moves near the other swarm and slams the ground causing spikes to stab the drakes.

Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 27, 2010, 03:48 »

Graven takes actions, and steps through the floor runes which flare brightly and shock his feet. At the end of his turn, though, the chamber lies silent, and he hops quickly from the runes. They surge to life as he escapes their grasp, and dwindle.

Spoiler: Report (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 03:51 by Tavana »

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 27, 2010, 04:07 »

Norian goes to Karan's side, and starts the little ritual he's supposed to do before he attempts first aid, you know, praying for recovery, all that. He then starts treating Karan's wounds and various other injuries. He finds it surprisingly easy for such grievious harm done to the barbarian's body.

<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 27, 2010, 04:11 »

While cleric is taking care of Karan, Graven decides to inspect the room closely

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 27, 2010, 04:22 »

'Adieu? You...' few indistinct words slipped from Karan mouth, as Norian bandaged her many wounds. 'Ah... that's you, cleric' she muttered slightly louder seconds later. 'Thank you.'

Not without struggle, she managed to stood up, only to fall down heavily on the floor again.

'Sorry, band, I hate to ask for it, but I... I am not quite in the shape to continue fighting now' she said aloud, with a good trave of embarrassment in her voice. Interestingly, she was shivering, as in fever. 'Can we take a rest, or something? I need to catch my breath.'

She blinked a few times.

'Also, I am afraid that I'm seeing things right now...'
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 27, 2010, 04:44 »

Graven's searches reveal a small iron key on the Gnome's body. The alcolves have nothing of note, besides the debris the Needlefang drakes apparently used for nests.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 04:45 by Tavana »

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 27, 2010, 04:58 »

Norian picks up Karan and hangs her around his shoulder. "Karan, I know you need to rest, but not here. This is probably the worst place to do it. Graven! if you found anything, grab it and lets move. The only place to rest around here is outside, so we'll need to be careful."

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 27, 2010, 05:19 »

Your party, somewhat broken and battered, heads outside. Around sixty feet north from the entrance to the catacombs, there's a sheltered cave with a good line of sight on the entrance.

Graven takes up watch, since he doesn't have to sleep technically. Six hours and a bit of food later, you're ready to set out again.

Graven reports no activity out of the door during your rest, and without any further adieu, you head back down the staircase. The bodies of the goblins are missing from the first room, but no one is there to greet you.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 06:05 by Tavana »

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 27, 2010, 06:20 »

The night did great job on refreshing Karan. The tiefling appeared to be in good condition, armor and clothing disguising bandages wrapped all around her body. She was acting her yesterday failures never happened.

'So, what now?' she asked, taking a sip of spiced wine from her canteen. 'We are taking the same route as we... as Adis took yesterday, right?'

'Also, may I suggest that we finally decide who in this band is the leader, the captain? For now, we spend more time discussing than fighting, and it is never healthy. And, while at it, deciding on how the loot is shared would not be that bad, I must admit.'
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 27, 2010, 06:23 »

- "I guess setting up some basics isn't a bad idea. But in the meantime I'd like to warn you that my scanning of the area indicates that bodies of goblins we killed were taken through the door Norian tried to open before."
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 39