Chaosforge Forum

• June 06, 2024, 12:01
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 39

Author Topic: Scales of War: DnD 4e PBF  (Read 198858 times)

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Re: Scales of War: DnD 4e PBF
« Reply #435 on: November 13, 2010, 08:03 »

Sertanian nods solemnly. "I had hoped they would send someone. And it would have to be a Warforged at that. But how they found one...ah well. I should be thanking you. If it helps, there is a key. A gnome locked me in here. As for the others, I've seen Mirtala and Kartenix. I'm worried about him, though."

"Would it be too much to ask to get out of this cell before you continue your questions? I know I have information you need, but I could really do with a bit of breathing room."
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 13, 2010, 08:13 »

- "I remember then name Karan." - Graven replied - "A key and a gnome you say? Well I found one on a gnome few rooms ago, and if that one doesn't fit perhaps gnomes we killed just outside of this place have another. I think that with all the commotion due to new appearance we forgot to check them."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 13, 2010, 08:32 »

Graven pulled the small iron key that he recovered, but it clearly was too small for the cell doors. Leaving the sunrod behind to keep Sertanian out of the dark at least, your group make their way back to search the bodies of the gnomes. It took less than a minute to find the key attached to a chain on the gnome closest to the door, but stooping down to check their corpses did have another nice side effect.

A glint in an alcove caught Inatai's eye as he turned over the body of the first gnome to die in the earlier fight. Deep within one of the recesses of the alcove appeared to be a large piece of metal...

A quick examination reveals that this corpse was buried with an extremely sharp fullblade with a small white gem set in the hilt. Scanning the other alcoves reveals that the gnomes must have stashed some potions with a parcel of gold left behind with the departed.

Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 13, 2010, 08:40 »

- "I think we should split gold evenly. As for the healing potions - anyone lacking one of these? Or is everybody supplied?"

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 13, 2010, 08:40 »

Karan grabbed the newly found blade and weighted it in her hands. It was a bit shorter and wider than her current weapon, and a bit more ornamental.

'If you don't mind...' she whispered, sitting down on a piece of a rubble, with the blade placed over her knees.

She touched the pommel of it, trying to determine the nature of the magic that ran through it- or at least tell, if it was sharper than her sword.

And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 13, 2010, 08:44 »

While the weapon rested in Karan's hands, she felt a desire to right wrongs...in a violent fashion. Shortly, she knew exactly what she was holding.

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 13, 2010, 09:03 »

Karan frowned for a second, before finally unsheathing her weapon and giving it a long look. The blade was cracked in many places, was reforged at least once. She used it since it was given to her by Kin, one of the Adieu's lieutenants a good few years ago, and frankly, she did not realize until now how attached she felt to it. But, she was not *that* sentimental. Sighing, she put it down in of the alcoves.

'I hope you don't mind, newcomer' she stated, turning towards Intai and putting the newly acquired weapon in the scabbard. To her own surprise, it fitted. 'You can have it, if you really need it.'
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 13, 2010, 09:03 »

While Karan sat down examining the sword, Graven went back to the nearby room to check if the new key found was the right one.

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 13, 2010, 09:11 »

Sertanian seemed anxious to see you, almost as if he thought he was hallucinating when he saw you earlier. The key that Graven now held made a satisfying click in the door to the makeshift cell. With a bit of a creak, and a large groan, the door swung outward and freed the Castellan.

"You have my thanks, Warforged. I apologize, but I haven't brought any rations, and they haven't been feeding us too well. I could do with a bite of food to eat, and perhaps a touch of water to my lips. But first, can we go join your friends? I'd rather be away from this room. I've spent too much time in it already. And while we walk, you could tell me your name."

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 13, 2010, 09:17 »

- "You can call me Graven. And I think there are some rations in my kit - I have no need for them, but it appears they got packed by default." - warforged replied - "We'll need you to reply a few more questions I'm afraid - some commemorative items got stolen, and your associate at the hall wasn't able to tell us what they were. Also if you have any idea where to search for other people that got captured it would help us as well."

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 13, 2010, 14:12 »

Norian had been deep in prayer, hearing everything Inatai said, but not saying anything to anyone else. He had been praying to give himself strength, and the power to heal.

Completing this, he heads to the cell room where Graven is. He sees Sertanian, and looks at him "Wow, you look pretty beat up. is there any outstanding wounds you need treated, or will you be alright? By the way, My name is Norian. Norian Uthadar, Cleric of Pelor."
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 14:15 by Madtrixr »
<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 13, 2010, 15:10 »

"Ill take one of those potions if no one minds."
Adis heaved himself up of the floor. His body was more stable now after a short rest. His eyes slowly drifted back to Inatai. Might as well get this over with.
"Hello, I don't think I've introduced myself yet. I'm Antipodeus, but everyone calls me Adis. So I see you're one of the Gith. How are the planes these days?" He started to ramble of a series of questions that became less and less coherent by the second.
(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 13, 2010, 15:25 »

"They are in balance still, despite the best efforts of certain parties," Inatai replied with a light bow of his head.

"I will take the second potion, then, as there seem to be no other claimants to it," he said, picking the bottle up and stowing it somewhere on his person.

He also took the coin pouch - to split the contents later, of course. But someone has to carry it until then. And with the rest of the loot divided up, he headed off to rejoin the others.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 13, 2010, 17:42 »

Sertanian takes a seat on the rubble just about where the Magma Claw did its firework show. He eats and drinks in silence, watching you in a way that implies he might have had some training in understanding people. After a few minutes of recovery he speaks briefly to you all, but mainly to the Warforged.

"Well, let's get down to business, shall we? Of course Javil would be unable to tell you a thing about any of the museum pieces. He rarely looked at them, or cared about them. Don't get me wrong, he's a good man most of the time, but doesn't care for history at all. I'm not sure exactly what they took, but I saw them wielding the shields of the Red Hand on the march back. I assume they would have taken everything, though. Shields, helm, sword, gauntlets - I suppose if they were being thorough they would even take the battle standard, but I don't think they're that smart."

"And thank you cleric, but it was just a few hard days, nothing more. There are others who need your skills. Like Mirtala. She and I were kept together for a time, in a room that...well, it could be near or far. I couldn't quite tell when they moved us. It's near a spiral staircase, and we had to walk up it to get here. They kept us in a room with frescoes on the walls. And rats. It was quite unpleasant. They finally moved me away, saying that Mirtala would make a better meal than I. I'm not sure if it was an idle threat."

"I'm more worried about Kartenix, though. They brough him here shortly to stay in the cells. He told me he was going to try and overpower the ettercap guarding him by pretending to be asleep when they moved him back. I couldn't persuade him against it, and I haven't seen or heard from him since."

"And that about sums up what I know of the place." From the tone of his voice, it was almost as if he was conducting a tour of the Hall of Valor.

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 13, 2010, 18:07 »

"Hmm. This is troubling indeed. We need to find Mirtala and Kartenix. I can only help the living, not the dead." Norian said with a worried expression on his face. "How long ago were you moved away from Mirtala? and how long has Kirtenix been gone? Oh, and what are we going to do with you?"
<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 39