Chaosforge Forum

• April 24, 2024, 06:18
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 39

Author Topic: Scales of War: DnD 4e PBF  (Read 194466 times)

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
Re: Scales of War: DnD 4e PBF
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2010, 00:24 »

Getting bored of waiting, Adis went back to the room. Surprised to see food on his bed, he sat down to some decent food. Rah was bouncing about over by Norian and being a general nuisance. Covertly, Adis watched with amusement, all the while aiming his staff. Suddenly the floor beneath Rah turned to Ice, causing him to fall on his rump. With a small laugh, he pulled out his spellbook again and continued preparing his spells.
(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

fwoop

• Elder
  • Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2010, 00:47 »

Rah slips on his bum! And he slips a few more times trying to get up. Rubbing his sore hide, he glares at Adis with a fury of a thousand suns! The evil wizard will pay a terrible, nigh unfathomable price!!!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2010, 03:39 »

There is something awfully resembling a laugh coming from Graven before he responds - "Well in my cease it's less of a problem with memory, more of a problem of not being near civilization for a long time. Thank you Aldus - I think that's enough data for me, so you can sleep as long need to."
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2010, 03:55 »

Nori Nori Nori!
*Rah runs up to Nori*
You talk to Peelor lots! Is he no sleeps here? Is he dog mebbe, sleep outside? I no seen Peelor yet! Where is he?

Most people would ignore Rah's crazed ramblings, or tell him off in a mean way. Norian was not that kind of person.

"Well, Rah, Pelor is not a dog. He is the divine being I have pledged my service to. The reason you don't see him, is because, while he does travel with me, he does so from the Astral Plane. Now, I'll answer more questions later, but I'm beat. remember, any questions about The Divine Sun, ask me."
<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

fwoop

• Elder
  • Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2010, 04:32 »

Rah sits there jaw agape as Norian tells him all sorts of things about Peelor. Astral? Dog? Deevine?

Much time that night is spent contemplating the notion of extra planar deities and such. Life was getting ever more confusing for the wild halfling!

In the middle of the night, he decides to pledge his support, an offering, by using a sharp rock to make a small carving in the wooden floorboards.

Pleased with himself, he floats back to dreams.

[pictured: Peelor, Rah, Nori]
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 04:33 by fwoop »

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2010, 07:24 »

The night passes uneventfully, besides a lingering bad smell coming from a certain small bundle. The sun pokes briefly over a slightly charred rooftop, awakening a town that really didn't sleep very well.

A fresh pile of salted meat sits inside the door of both rooms, apparently Aldus got up a lot earlier than you. A scribbled note is folded underneath the meat inside the room he directed the males into. Unfolding it reveals the following text:

Friends, I'm going to try to keep these guards out of your way until you're ready to meet them. They're mighty upset about being put off though. Apparently the damage was worse than we thought last night. Those Goblins you picked off weren't all of them. The council wants to speak to you, and I'd better let them explain. Gather the lass as quick as you can and come downstairs.
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2010, 11:27 »

Adis woke up in a cold sweat. Morning's were never good for him, they never had been. Expressionless, he clothed himself, grabbed a slice of meat and walked down stairs. The main room of the wasn't completely deserted. The glass from the broken window had already been cleaned up and it was evident work had been done to replace several damaged sections of the bar already. Too bad all the drink caught fire...
 Looking around, Adis saw the owner in the back running around supplies like a madman. He made a quick glance at his feet. He could feel the presence of the barmaid laying there, though her body was long gone. With a silent approach, he asked directions to a washroom or someplace where he might have privacy to clean up. The owner directed him to a small storage room that was nearly empty. Moving the supplies aside to avoid damaging them, Adis locked the door and began to cleanse himself.
 Ray of cold was a rather useful spell. Cast repeatedly, it caused condensation and collected water. It also made the room very cold. A fitting treatment to sober him from his nightly horrors.
(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2010, 13:44 »

Soon after Adis went to the washroom, Karan came down to the main room of the inn as well. She changed her outfit, from the drab brown traveller's drab she wore for the most of her journey, into some sort of armor, made of several pieces of thick hide sewn together. It appeared to be finely crafted, but also bore marks of years of usage. Many of the pieces were also engraved, showing various scenes from life of the warriors- battles, mostly. Most of those engravings were simple, made by someone certainly not familiar with arts. Still, some of them- newer ones, as far as you could tell, were way more detailed and artful, certainly coming from some one else than the earlier ones. Also, the suit appeared to be made for a person of bigger frame and different gender than Karan, and was only adjusted with numerous straps to fit on her.

'Oh... hey' she muttered, upon seeing Adis getting back from the washroom.  'I guess I did not have to opportunity to answer you the question you asked yesterday, right?'
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2010, 13:57 »

The cold air of the room breathed new life into his body, with the sweat and blood gone from the prior day, Adis felt better. Cleaning up any excess water, he did his best to figure out what message he had received this time. So many voices, images, suggestions; all from a place beyond the mortal realms. Detached, Adis left the washroom.
 Suddenly Karan's voice interrupted his thoughts. "Hmm?" Adis raised his head. "Ah, yes. I was indeed wondering about the source of your wound. It looked rather nasty to be treated only with bandages."
 Regaining his sense of awareness, Adis led Karan and himself to a table to continue their discussion.

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2010, 14:33 »

'Nasty?' said Karan with a shrug, reaching towards a jug of wine. 'I just happen to bleed black, just don't get fooled by it.'

She sighed, and loosened one of the many straps on her armor.

'I just forgot how uncomfortable this thing is... she muttered spitefully. 'And the wound itself? I got it from one man, before I killed him properly. Though, I must say that before his demise, that I hope was very painful one, he gave me the information I was looking for quite a few years.'

She took a long draught of wine directly from the jug.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 15:29 by Gargulec »
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2010, 14:47 »

Graven walks into the main room and nods a welcome to Karan and Adis. He takes a seat and waits quietly for last two companions to come.

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2010, 03:04 »

Norian and Rah descend the stairs presently, and after giving you a moment to greet each other Aldus makes his way over to your group "I do apologize for the rush this morning. The Guards are just trying to make the townsfolk think that they're actually doing something. Don't mind them too much. They're mostly harmless."

He leads you to the door and unlocks it. Aldus pokes his head outside and says "Those heros you wanted to see are ready now." With a nod to you, he walks back into the Antler and Thistle. You can easily tell the Guards have not slept well. They are a bit gruff with you, and perhaps a bit apprehensive of the tales of your slaying an Ogre. "This way!" is their command.

They lead you towards the centre of Brindol, and you begin to see the damage the town went through a bit better in the light. Quite a few houses are charred, and there's more than one person mourning the loss of a loved one. The majority of the people you pass are human or half-elf, but there are more than a few dwarves helping to repair damaged walls.

After a few minutes your steps lead you to the council chambers. "They met earlier, but since you couldn't be bothered to wake up a bit earlier, you'll have to deal with Troyas one on one. Wouldn't want to be in your shoes." The Guards smirk in your direction and beckon a page to direct you to his personal chambers. The council chambers themselves aren't terribly impressive, but considering the town is barely more than 5,000 strong it's quite a large building. Through the massive entry, two lefts and a right lead you to the doors of Councilmember Eoffram Troyas' personal chamber. The page ventures to quietly say "Be careful, he doesn't take too kindly to jokes." before knocking lightly and announcing your arrival.

Skill Challenge: Eoffram Troyas

Councilmember Eoffram Troyas is a tall man, with a slender body. His slightly pointed ears indicate his elven heritage, but his cheeks are too full to be of pure blood. A half-elf, then. He greets you solemnly, making eye contact with each of you in turn before indicating the five chairs he has set in front of his small desk. The room seems a bit cramped with so many people, but Eoffram isn't bothered by it, so why should you be? He waits quietly until you've each taken a seat, finally clearing his throat to say "Thank you for meeting with me. I am considering something, and I wished to speak to you about it in person - and in private."

His gaze moves deliberately along each of you, taking in the effect of his statement.

Spoiler: Skill Challenges (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 03:19 by Tavana »
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2010, 03:31 »

Eoffram smiles slightly, apparently having expected more of a reaction than the few raised eyebrows that he was met with. He pulls out a piece of paper and presents you with it. A bloody handmark has been drawn onto it. "You may have heard of the Red Hand before. Aldus of the Antler and Thistle has informed me this morning that he supplied at least one of you with basic knowledge of it. Either way, be aware that they were a formidable force of Hobgoblins that attempted to wipe out the civilized villages in this area. They started - and stopped - with Brindol. A group of...companions, shall we say - they assisted our village in fighting off this threat. We now face a group that appears to be attempting to resurrect this band. You met with some of their ilk last night, I am told. I shall be brief, I am considering petitioning the council to secure your aid in this matter. But I need assurance of your abilities...and motives before I can approach them."

Spoiler: Initiative Order (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 03:47 by Tavana »

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2010, 03:38 »

Graven sits down not sure what to say, instead try to bid his time and get a feel of the man they were speaking with. A feat not exactly easy considering differences in how human and warforged minds work.

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2010, 03:48 »

He certainly likes to beat around the bush, doesn't he? Adis thought. Now a previous band of adventurers? Has such a tale crossed my ears?
Adis closed his eyes and delved deep into his thought searching for something that could convince Troyas to get on with his proposition.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 39