Chaosforge Forum

• April 25, 2024, 03:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 39

Author Topic: Scales of War: DnD 4e PBF  (Read 194637 times)

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Re: Scales of War: DnD 4e PBF
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2010, 03:55 »

Eoffram turns towards the Wizard, clearly not expecting such a piercing remark about the local history. "Alright, granted. These are a different group of Hobgoblins. And we will treat them differently. You've satisfied me with your ability to recite historical facts. Let me put it to you this way. A group of companions saved our town once, and I believe they could do so again. I simply need to be able to assure the council that you are indeed the correct group of companions to do so."
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

fwoop

• Elder
  • Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2010, 04:04 »

Rah eyes the man in front of him. He could tell this man was important, and like any object of interest in the wild, he focuses all his senses on it. Emotions like fear, aggression, could be detected by body motions, perspiration, smell, and such.

Rah concentrates.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2010, 04:23 »

Okay Norian. Calm, calm. This is somewhat important, so you need to keep your composure. Alright, maybe he's willing to talk to me, have an exchange, and I can hopefully convince him that we are who we say we are. "Sir, I know we arrived in town yesterday, but, you saw the summons, and Aldus will vouch for our legitemency. We are willing and able to do whatever it takes to prove our innocence. Please, I beg of you, believe that we are real, by the Holy Sun..."

<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2010, 04:36 »

Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2010, 10:16 »

Instead of speaking, Karan simply tried to assume a properly imposing pose, to wordlessly prove that the blade she carried was not for show. She, however, did not feel entirely comfortable with that kind of showing of.

And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2010, 17:15 »

Councilmember Troyas lifts an eyebrow slightly and points a quill at Karan's sword. "I would ask you to sheathe that weapon in my presence. You are not from this town and do not know our practices, so I will accept this simply as a...misunderstanding. But yes, thank you." Troyas' gaze focuses on Norian "I had heard that your cleric must be highly faithful, as it was he who actually slew the Ogre that was rampaging in the Eastern Quarter last night. I am heartened to see that there is physical prowess to protect such talent."

"But still, the matter remain heavy on my mind - you answered a summons for help, yes. But for monetary gain. Could it be that money is the only goal within your sights?"
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 07:04 by Tavana »

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 12, 2010, 06:41 »

- "Some might have because they wanted to help those in need" - Warforged glanced at the cleric - "Others might have felt called to there. Yet others still might have came for the gold, or because it helps them reach their goals. If the results are the same, does it matter so much? Even in Nerath we used mercenaries in times of great need and properly payed dog of war could prove as faithful as someone fighting for his cause.

Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

fwoop

• Elder
  • Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 12, 2010, 07:14 »

Rah is sort of daydreaming when Graven's mention of the word "dog" snaps him out of it. Something important happening? Rah must contribute!
"Yah! Rah come because of... I forget now. But now I have seen light! I serve dog now."
Rah smiles. Then scratches himself.

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 12, 2010, 11:41 »

Hearing his companions' remarks made Adis chuckle. "I cannot speak for my companions, but I am a wanderer. Such a life required I not be choosy when a job is offered. It is true that I accepted this job for money, but I accept other forms of payment as well. And... you don't have to worry about betrayal, at least not from me. If your coin is in my pouch, I am yours until I finish my job." Adis' face was turning more serious with each word he spoke, and then suddenly he smiled, returning to his normal carefree expression.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 00:57 by S.K. Ren »
(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 13, 2010, 01:06 »

"Good sir, I know not your religious beliefs, however, I believe you at least know that Pelor watches over us all, and it is my job to alleviate any pain and suffering that I come across, even if I must deal some to do so. I tell you as a servant of the Holy Sun, we do this not just for money, we each have our own reasons that we carry with us. Fate,it seems, has brought us together."

« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 03:01 by Madtrixr »
<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2010, 04:30 »

'Money' sniggered Karan. 'I care not for it. I have evidence solid enough to suspect that the Red Hand is somewhat connected to the being I devoted my life to hunt down and kill. As long as this connection is still visible, I need no further motivation to sacrifice everything I have for this mission.'

« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 04:34 by Gargulec »
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2010, 04:40 »

A smile creases Councilmember Eoffram Troyas' face, and he sits back in his chair to regard you. "I will admit, you're not what I expected. Fate indeed, cleric. I will petition the council in regards to your merits. We reconvene at the evening bell, and I will send for you when we finish. Until then, I would suggest you take a look at the Great Hall of Valor, located just across the town square. I have been informed that there are several...items of interest, shall we say, that have gone missing. I believe visiting with Javil may make you a bit more aware of exactly what the council will ask of you."

"Oh, one other thing - your talented cleric handed a sheet of parchment sealed with a most curious magic over to a Guardsman last night. Considering what we have been able to discover of the nature of the enchantment, letting it out of your sight was not the cleverest thing to do. I also gather that each of your carries such a letter? If so I would keep the remaining copies quite close at hand. I will do my best to persuade our scholars to stop deciphering its nature and return it to you."

"Now please, begone. I have other tasks that need my attention before the council meets tonight. The page at the door will direct you out." Abruptly, and with little to no ceremony you find yourself directed back into the afternoon sun.

Spoiler: Result (click to show/hide)

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2010, 05:59 »

- "Enchantment? I don't recall master of summons telling us anything about these..." - Graven points at the parchment - "...being enchanted."

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 13, 2010, 10:12 »

Adis shrugged "Sorry, it seemed like an authentication magic so I said nothing. Not unusual for document of this nature." he admitted, "Anyways I'm going over to the Hall of Valor he mentioned. It sounds interesting. Anyone want to come along?"
(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 13, 2010, 10:38 »

- "This unit will accompany you then. Aldus mentioned yesterday that Javil can tell me more about Red Hand"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 39