Chaosforge Forum

• April 16, 2024, 15:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 39

Author Topic: Scales of War: DnD 4e PBF  (Read 193539 times)

fwoop

• Elder
  • Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Scales of War: DnD 4e PBF
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2010, 04:39 »

Rah feels his kick going wide! There is much sad times. Until...
Out of the corner of his eyes, he catches Karan smirking, a strange radiance enveloping her hands - Rah finds his foot mysteriously gravitating back toward the oaf's noggin!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 04:43 by fwoop »

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2010, 04:44 »

Both of Rah's attacks fail to impact against the Ogre's massive Fortitude.
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2010, 08:09 »

Graven shook his head but remained on his feet. That was close, but he knew he could take it for just a bit longer. He quickly made a powerfull blow to ogre's leg, temporarily hindering it's movement, then wisely took a step back.

- "Cleeeeriiiiic!"

Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2010, 08:15 »

Graven smacks the bejeezus out of the Ogre, leaving it reeling yet again. Apparently he was feeling quite warmed up after all that whiffing earlier.

The Ogre is looking worse for wear, and you can tell that it's on its last legs.

Spoiler: Report (click to show/hide)
Map at this turn
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 05:15 by Tavana »
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2010, 19:04 »

"Graven! Hold on!" Norian utters his Healing Word, and Graven is bathed in a soft light which heals him. Turning his attention back to the ogre, Norian continues the barrage of LoF's, after taking a step back.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 03:05 by Madtrixr »
<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2010, 19:51 »

If the Ogre is dead...

If the Ogre is still alive...
(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2010, 05:03 »

Norain's faith in Pelor is the last straw, and the mighty Ogre topples over, still chained to the wagon. The wagon tilts slightly with the weight of the creature, but stays upright. A slosh of pitch inside the now burning casks can be easily heard.

With a crack, a shot of flame bursts into the air and the first of many of the casks inside the wagon start to explode. The Goblin Archer squeals in pain, breathing its last.

Adis starts to mop up the final Goblin, succeeding in pushing it further towards the now inevitable outcome.

The Archer bounds a bit futher away, firing off another arrow: this time at the blasted Wizard with his painful spells.

Spoiler: Damage Report (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 05:11 by Tavana »

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2010, 13:31 »

Seeing the as the last foe flees, Karan grips her blade firmly, and yet rushes forward, chasing him. And though the creature is quite far already, it simply can't outrun the tiefling. Soon, Karan takes a wide sweep, aiming to mow down the cowardly creature.

And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2010, 05:06 »

Your rag tag group - standing well away from the now rapidly exploding pitch casks - finally slumps into the grass at the front of the Inn. Those Guards you were told about showed up fifteen minutes later, perhaps taking their time purposely? Either way, they surround your group. One guard is about to step forward to begin what is sure to be interrogation when the Barman exits the Inn and into your midst. Taking one look at the Guards and quickly reading their intent, he loudly declares "These fine folk aren't going to be answering any of your questions tonight, Guard Flenter. These people saved my pub from burning down more than once tonight, and I'm not letting you at them until they've at least had a night's rest. Try to stop me and I'll make sure you never have a drink in this town again." He turns away from the group of Guards, and quietly says "Can I show you to your rooms?"

He leads you not through the door you went in earlier, but into the building on the other side of the smouldering wagon. His steps take you up a flight of stairs, to a large room at the end of the hall. "You four can set up in here. Let me know if you need anything. The lass will just be in the next room if you need her. I'd suggest you get a rest." He points Karan to a slightly smaller door saying "My wife can get you anything you need. Washroom is the first door on the left at the bottom of the stairs. I'll be able to delay the Guards until at least midday, but I'd suggest you make yourselves ready by then."

He turns and starts walking down the stairs, pausing only to turn his head to say "You have my thanks, Warforged."

Spoiler: Rewards! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 05:09 by Tavana »

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2010, 05:30 »

- "You all go rest. I'll come soon" - Graven told to his companions and walked down after the man - "I'm sorry to trouble you good barkeeper but I have two questions too you, if it's not a problem. The first one would be do you know that guard that came here before ogre appeared? He seems to have taken off with summons one of my companions, the priest had. The other question would be about something your serving girl mentioned. She spoke of something called "Red Hand". I... My knowledge of history has large holes so I wanted to ask her about it, but the goblins came in and..." - warforged paused, not sure how to continue.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 05:31 by Malek Deneith »
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2010, 05:36 »

Looking as the barkeep descended, and then Graven, Norian then turns back to his party-mates, and shrugs "Well, at least we can get a good rest...Waitaminute. I never DID get my summons back from that guard, did we? Oh well, we can hopefully get it back tomorrow. In the meantime, anybody else want to do anything in particular before we lay our heads to rest?"
<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2010, 10:37 »

Adis sighed and slumped against a wall, however a growl from his stomach interrupted even this rest. Heading downstairs he saw Graven talking to the barkeep. Great...
Taking a seat near the two, he pulled out a small book. I guess I'll prepare for tomorrow then, he thought.

(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

fwoop

• Elder
  • Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2010, 11:45 »

Nori Nori Nori!
*Rah runs up to Nori*
You talk to Peelor lots! Is he no sleeps here? Is he dog mebbe, sleep outside? I no seen Peelor yet! Where is he?

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2010, 14:04 »

Karan looked with confusion at the smaller door for a couple of seconds, before she realized why she was given a separate room. Apparently she was very exhausted, and not exactly entirely conscious.

'Oh, thank you' she mumbled, slowly entering the room prepared for her. Her moves were clumsy now, devoid of all the fluidity she displayed in combat.

To your amusement, while getting through the door, she tripped over the doorstep. For a few second she tried to catch her balance back, but finally overexertion and enormous blade strapped to her back overcame her, and with a loud sound, she fell to the floor, apparently loosing the any reminders of her consciousness on her way down, for she did not even try to get back, just falling asleep where she lied.
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2010, 18:06 »

"You may call me Aldus, Warforged. As to your friend's papers...Darien may be a fool, but he won't lose them. I expect Eoffram...well, sorry. Councilmember Eoffram Troyas will want to speak with you tomorrow, no doubt. He'll either have your papers or know how to get them. Either that or my wife will give his wife hell, and something will get done. Don't worry too much about it, Warforged. You've taken care of us and we repay our debts."

"And her name was Sojar." His brow creases slightly, but he continues "Ah, yes. The Red Hand. That I can tell you a little, but you'd be better to ask Javil over at the Hall of Great Valor. Basically, about ten years ago we had a group of Hobgoblins band together to form what they called the Red Hand. Around these parts they called it the Red Hand of Doom. The wanted to wipe out all the major cities of the area, and they decided to start with Brindol since we're the biggest. We had a bit of help from some of your lot, and a few others. You can have a look over at the Hall when it gets light. We managed to bag us some of their armor and whatnot. It's sorta become the local legend."

His eyes glaze over for a moment, and he shakes his head to steady himself "If those Hobbies in me bar tonight said what I thought they said, and they're trying to bring back the Hand...well, they've got a long way to go. Couldn't even trash a pub without losing a dozen fighters."

Aldus sighs a long and regretful sigh, and ventures to place his hand on Graven's shoulder. "I understand you must have a lot of questions. I hear your minds don't remember things quite like ours do. But my wife will be fidgeting wondering where I am. If you want to ask me anything else I'll get up extra early to chat with you - I hear you lot don't hardly sleep at all anyhow."
----
Each bed has a parcel atop it, with a portion of salted meat and a small loaf of bread. Meager, perhaps, but the town wasn't exactly bustling for business at this time of year.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 39