Chaosforge Forum

• April 15, 2024, 23:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 39

Author Topic: Scales of War: DnD 4e PBF  (Read 193482 times)

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
Re: Scales of War: DnD 4e PBF
« Reply #495 on: December 10, 2010, 16:13 »

'Crap' uttered Karan, seeing Inatai. Quickly, she moved towards him, hoping to find a way to help him. Thankfully, she spotted a potion on his belt before. Without much consideration, she took it and poured it into assassin's mouth, praying that he does not choke on it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 12, 2010, 07:15 »

"Listen, Adis, I know fire is scary, but sometimes, you just gotta stand in it." Norian said, practicing what he preached. He didn't even attempt to move. He just gave the ettercap another Finger of Pelor, not even blinking. He didn't have time to worry about the fire.
He had to end the battle quick so they could get Inatai away, and maybe take a rest to get him feeling better. Graven wasn't looking so good either. We're cutting it close...aaannd of course I miss. Wonderful.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 07:20 by Madtrixr »
<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 12, 2010, 09:10 »

Inatai picked himself up off the ground, looking a bit worse for wear. Unable to get rid of the webs restricting his movement or shake off the effects of the poison, he resigned himself to staying away from the battle for the time being.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 16:47 by Xander Morhaime »
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 12, 2010, 09:20 »

The fire burns through the party and further towards the walls. Funny what a little tinderbox can do...

The remaining Ettercap steps away from Graven, spitting a blob of webbing at him. The warforged has had enough of not being able to move though, and breaks the fragile webbing quickly. Sadly, this movement gives the spidery-thingy an opening for it's longspear to pierce.

Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 12, 2010, 09:30 »

- "Just die already!" - warforged shouted, finally managing to get a hit on the ettercap... along with his attention.

Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: December 13, 2010, 04:14 »

Patting out the fire from his robe Adis reassessed the field. Most of the webs are gone, only one Ettercap left... I need something that wont miss. Taking a deep breath Adis began a new incantation.
  "Blood of winter, fill his soul. Share with him the realm of eternal white..."
  Adis waited for something to happen... nothing did.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 04:19 by S.K. Ren »
(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 13, 2010, 09:40 »

The blade in Karan's hands stirred, as if it sensed the damage inflicted upon Graven. As soon as Inatai was healed, the tiefling carefully lunged towards webspinner. It was not a blind charge, however, she was calm enough to resist the urge to avoid such folly.

Slowly, she circled the beast, until she was positioned so that the creature was flanked by Graven. And then, she struck.

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 14, 2010, 02:58 »

Norian, despite only being a cleric, managed to not take much damage from the fire. He silently gives thanks to Pelor for his protection, and then focuses his attention on the Ettercap

Seeing Karan narrowly miss, Norian was suddenly worried that they had another Blessed Magma Claw fiasco on their hands, so the top priority was to kill the thing fast as possible. So he wasted no time in firing another Finger of Pelor.

Norian, not being satisfied with that, decided to bring out the thing so exhausting, he could only do it once a day. His friends were in dire straights, so he had almost no choice. Ho positioned himself in between Graven and Inatai, mumbled some prayers, and let out a holy shout of power. It might have not weakened the Ettercap's resolve, but it did heal some of his allies in dire need of health.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 04:08 by Madtrixr »
<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 14, 2010, 10:29 »

Inatai did not look too good, the poison still coursing through his veins, but he still had strength enough to summon a volley of shadowy projectiles to pepper the Ettercap with.

12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 14, 2010, 23:56 »

It looks quite odd as the bright light shoots towards the ettercap, followed by the shadowy darts pelting into its side. As its carapace cracks and it crumples towards the floor, it freezes as well, shattering all over the once web littered landing.

Freed of the distraction of the ettercaps, Norian is able to stablize Inatai while Karan cuts his bonds. You can tell that he's quite happy to be freed of the webbing. The fires in the far corners of the room smoulder and go out, lacking any more webbing to burn.

Hearing the end of the battle, Sertanian steps onto the landing and helps you check over the corpses for anything useful. His eyes are the first that notice a body webbed to the wall in the south east corner. "Kartenix, you fool..." the Castellan mutters, shaking his head.

The corpse, besides being lightly crispy on the edges, looks like it's been sucked dry. It's hard to tell how long it's been like that, but it doesn't appear that it will decompose any time soon.

"Help me cut him down, please. It's the least we can do." One of you notices a small bundle of webbing that has an odd shape about it while helping free the former resident of Brindol.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 00:08 by Tavana »
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 15, 2010, 04:20 »

Graven stood there motionless for a few minutes and you could see the rune on his forehead glow, and wounds dealt by weapons and fangs of the ettercap fill and mend... slowly. You weren't sure how the way the warforged 'healed' worked, but one thing was certain - the process didn't go as smoothly or swiftly as it did earlier today. Finally he rose his head and spoke

- "That battle was a lot harder than we expected it seems. I can't speak for rest of you but I'm not sure how much more I can handle without longer downtime. And neither I'm sure if we can manage it back to town to get Mr. Sertian there. We might need to consider going outside of the tomb and camping yet again" - you could swear you heard something resembling a sigh and Graven turned to Sertian - "Let me help you with that. Perhaps we can dig him something resembling a grave outside."

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 15, 2010, 06:05 »

"I think Ill need a breather too." Adis wheezed. His robes were still smoking from the fire. Sitting down for a brief moment to catch his breath, his hand landed upon something squishy. A tiny gelatinous cube had somehow worked its way into the dungeon, likely to feed off the remains of the Ettercap's own meals. After watching it jiggle from a few pokes, Adis observed it start to digest the Ettercap's corpse. "Hmm, you could be useful my little friend. You're coming with me."
    Quickly grabbing a few stray pieces of unburned webbing, Adis drew a small diagram for the binding ritual of a familiar. Placing the unsuspecting cube in the center and adding small drop of magic the tiny gelatinous cube dissolved and then shortly reconstituted in Adis hand.
(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 18, 2010, 12:12 »

Karan kept silence for a few moments after the combat has ended, inspecting her body in growing bewilderment. She realized that she was not wounded! For the first time in her life, she emerged from the fight without even a scratch. It took her a few minutes to finally assure herself of that fact. Only then did she turn towards the rest of the party, with a huge, earnest grin on her face. For the first time since you met her, you heard her giggling silently.

'Yep, I agree with Graven, we really could use a short nap or something' she stated. Of course, she felt exhausted, but not even half as bad as she usually did after the engagements of such scale.

She glanced over the chamber, looking for anything of value the party could have missed before. Suddenly, a silly idea crossed her mind. She put down her new weapon, and approached the warforged, tapping him on his numerous plates of steel.

'Would you mind if I climb you?' she asked, wondering from where did this good humour of her come from. 'I'd like to gather some of the nets from the celling, and I am kinda... too short to do this without help?'

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 18, 2010, 12:16 »

- "The spiderwebs? What do you need them for?" - the construct asked.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 18, 2010, 12:23 »

'Clothing and ropes' she explained with a shrug. 'I once had a genasi in my band that used to wear a spider-silk clothing when not in the field, and well, they were really nice... she blinked a bit, like if she was trying to give a second though to what she was saying. 'Such concerns does not fit me a smallest bit, right?' she asked.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 12:26 by Gargulec »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 39