Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 05:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29

Author Topic: The Master and the Minion - IC Thread  (Read 134700 times)

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
Re: The Master and the Minion - IC Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2010, 07:11 »

Ah a flawless battle! - Ryltar comments seemingly oblivious to burns and slashes others took and goes to recover shuriken he thrown earlier - Nothing to profit from in it sadly.
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2010, 07:19 »

Ma'kirr leans against the nearby brazier to catch her breath. "Well that was some welcoming party huh?"
Noticing Ryltar picking up his shuriken, she ponders a moment, "Oye! Ryltar, how many of those do you have?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2010, 07:25 »

Saliak walks over to the stairs to stand beneath them, checking over his armor and shield. "I think this might have been your fastest dispatching of our enemies that I have seen from you, Ma'Kirr. Your skills seemed to have improved."

Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2010, 07:49 »

With sigh of relief, Tristan fell on his knees.

'Praised be Avandra, for granting us this victory against the forces of Darkness!' he said, raising his armoured hands high. He lowered his voice, and prayed for a few minutes. Finally, he stood up, and approached Ma'Kirr.

'Feline Lady, are you wounded?' he asked. 'Do you need help?'

And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2010, 18:26 »

"Oh I'm fine. But let me warn you: Next time you decide to 'touch' me during a fight and you don't tell me beforehand, you will lose that hand. Keep it in mind." Ma'kirr replied with a wry smile on her face. And I swear, if he tries to cop a feel, he will more than the hand...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 02:00 by S.K. Ren »
(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2010, 01:29 »

"Bah." Aden slumped on the pillar "That was horrible. Seriously, what happened to me that battle? I was fighting like my brother up until the end...Damnit Aden, get yourself in check!" He gets off the pillar and says "So, I know it's an obvious question, but, what now? I say we rest a bit longer and head up the stairs."
<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2010, 04:31 »

"Does anyone have any idea what these sphere are? Odd to see these creatures not leave proper corpses. Perhaps something to do with their Master's choice of God?" Saliak carefully peered into one of the reddish globes left behind by a firethrower.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 04:45 by Tavana »
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2010, 04:47 »

"Good question..." Ma'kirr replied. Grabbing one of the dropped spears, she poked one of the spheres left behind.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2010, 17:07 »

The little ball of light looked rather unremarkable upon closer inspection - at least as far as levitating lights can look normal. It fluctuated slightly every now and then, but aside from that it refused to do anything remotely interesting of its own accord.

At Ma'kirr's poking, the light shivered for a moment, actually deflecting a bit from its current hover spot by the touch of the sphere. It seemed to stick to the blade of the spear, but once that was taken away, it resumed hovering in its original spot as if nothing had happened.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2010, 23:19 »

"Well they don't seem to be harmful at least." While the others were deciding what to do next, Ma'kirr placed the red orb in one of her pouches. Noticing the orbs below were of a different hue, she went to retrieve one of them as well.

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2010, 03:47 »

"Agreed. This may simply be the result of some sort of pact they have with a highly magical being. Or perhaps something more. We shall have to investigate this as we progress further. Do be careful though, Ma'Kirr. It would be most upsetting if the keeper of this tower was able to somehow resurrect these creatures from their orbs and we simply took him more ammunitions. That being said, I agree that studying them should be advantageous." Saliak completes checking over his armor and weapons, and turns to the others. "I am rested sufficiently. Shall we proceed?"

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2010, 06:46 »

"I'm ready" Aden says with a stern look. He looks at the other members "how about you all?"
<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2010, 14:10 »

The stairs leading up into the tower proper did not seem terribly inviting - mostly on account of the smell wafting down from the higher levels, and the darkened sections of stair between each landing and turn. Still, your ultimate prize lay at the top, and so you began the ascent.

The stairwell was quite large and spacious, moving from one flat platform to the next, always turning to the right. The platforms themselves were lit by statues of demons holding braziers in their claws, and what light got in through the windows - through them you could see the dark clouds gathering around the tower, lit by the occasional flash of lightning, and could see the rain falling down. Each window also meant a momentary reprieve from the stench that increased in strength the higher you went. On the inner corner of each landing, there was also a statue of a figure in armour bearing a weapon - the design of the armour, and that of the weapon varied between the statues, though.

The smell, reminding you of rotting flesh and fish heads, was getting almost overpowering when you found two pairs of glowing yellow eyes watching you from the top of the next stair, and found a pair of spears pointed down in your general direction. Two more of the phalanx goblins stood there, barring your way further up the tower, and looking quite braced for defence.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 17:53 by Xander Morhaime »
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2010, 14:33 »

- More of these, eh? - Ryltar moves to the center of nearby landing and points at one phalanxs who gets suddenly lit by halo of purple lights - You, yes you! Care to help me? Catch!

Yet another time the drow opens up with a shuriken throw.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 17:40 by Malek Deneith »
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2010, 18:37 »

"I shall attempt to draw their attention, there may be more to this than we are aware of. Tread carefully." The dragonborn's mouth starts to crackle as he steps towards the goblins.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29