Chaosforge Forum

• April 16, 2024, 15:28
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29

Author Topic: The Master and the Minion - IC Thread  (Read 135728 times)

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
Re: The Master and the Minion - IC Thread
« Reply #360 on: December 02, 2010, 14:26 »

Two of the already injured knights collapsed under Ma'kirr's blows, though the third held his ground well both against the monk and the paladin. The monk did not fare so well, struck down by Ryltar's crossbow.

The knight that had been following Ryltar tried to flank Tristan, but his blow simply glanced off the paladin's armour.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 02, 2010, 15:11 »

Saliak simply couldn't go a whole fight without breathing some lightning. He followed up with a swing of his warhammer, but failed to land a blow.

Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 02, 2010, 15:22 »

The lightning breath did appear to do some damage, but the knight didn't look much worse for wear afterwards. Meanwhile, the heavily wounded knight took a swing at Ryltar, but missed badly.

12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 05, 2010, 20:07 »

"Well, we don't need to worry about the monk running off and somehow telling the others something is happening...but I bet you anything they already know anyhow. Still, let us kill them, and be done."

Aden sort of cautiously positioned himself and attempted a swing at the bloodied knight. He misses.

"Figures."

<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 06, 2010, 15:56 »

The knights were nearly gone. With a short sprint Ma'kirr maneuvered next to the remaining knights. Rapidly she began striking randomly between the two, reminding herself to avoid Tristan who was in between them.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 16:30 by S.K. Ren »
(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 06, 2010, 16:43 »

Tristan thrust his sword into the knight's body, hoping to finally end his pain.

And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 06, 2010, 17:09 »

Ryltar spun around, loaded another bolt and launched it at the last remaining knight... then cursed as he saw the bolt bounce of Tristran's armor as the undead knight got in the path of the shot at the last moment. Still muttering curses drow slid next to the Knight hiding his crossbow and drawing the rapier as he went.

Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 06, 2010, 17:18 »

While the already wounded knight collapsed from Tristan's finishing blow, the last one seemed far more adept at fending off attacks... though he fell short when it came to landing blows of his own, his latest strike glancing off Aden's armour before the knight moved back from the enclosing circle of enemies.

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 07, 2010, 06:34 »

While Saliak missed widely with his warhammer, his runes would help the others finish off the knight.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 06:37 by Tavana »
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 09, 2010, 05:56 »

Aden moves a bit and takes a swing at the knight, the blow looks promising, but...he's missed sure hits before.
<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 10, 2010, 15:41 »

"We should try to end this quickly, we have work to do." With that Ma'kirr lunged forward into the enemy. Bringing her spear around, she smashed the side of his knee. With a sickening crack he was thrown to the floor as Ma'kirr continued to wail on him for a few moments.

(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 10, 2010, 16:10 »

Making a step towards the knight, Tristan draws power from Saliak's aura and swings, intending to finally end this fight.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 11, 2010, 11:50 »

Once the knight was knocked to the floor by Ma'kirr's blows, finishing him off was an easy task for Tristan, and though the knight gurgled a bit as he was run through, he held up to the "silent" bit quite well.

The catacombs were quiet once more. Among the bodies of the fallen you found some loose coinage, and were also able to retrieve the life force of the fallen knights. You spied flickers of blue coming from the bodies of the monks as well, but that life force was too weak and fleeting to be collected. Perhaps another time...

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 12, 2010, 01:56 »

The dragonborn rested his mace against his hip and walked to the edge of the waters to sit. Addressing the others, he began to trace bright gold runes in a small circle around his body. "I would like a moment to meditate before we delve any further. I should be finished within a quarter of an hour." Setting his shield upon his lap, he traced another rune on its centre, and bowed his head.

I have let myself become a puppet. I have always had a choice, and chose to retain a portion of my will. May Bahumat give me justice, I can see no other path back to righteousness. I shall hope that the damage I cause will not be beyond my means to undo. But I must accept my current role. Either Bahumat will deliver me, or I shall grow powerful enough to deliver myself.

Over the course of several minutes Saliak's muscles tensed under their scales. Finally, with a flare of the circle of runes, they relaxed and he stood once more to make himself ready. His movements belayed renewed purpose.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 12, 2010, 04:47 »

Tristan stood perfectly still over the bodies of the slain, not moving by a slightest bit and not giving a quietest sound. Even the eerie glow of his eyes seemed to dim, as if his soul wandered away. And that was, to an extent, true.

His spirit stood on a seashore, under a sky that had the colour of steel. He knew that this place was just his imagination, some long gone dream. But he also knew that the person in front of him, standing knee deep in the water was real as he was. It was her power that brought him here. Her power that was one last shard of hope he held. It was her that offered him a bargain during his brief time before resurrection. 

Looking at her, he realized that he was never the knight he was supposed to be, the knight he wanted to be. He never understood what the paladinhood really is. But now, he was offered a chance to change his ways. To embark on a long journey that could ultimately lead to redemption. To freedom. First, however, there was a sacrifice he had to make in order to make the bargain fair.

Slowly, he marched forward into the sea, enjoying the last moments of being Tristan, for every step he took washed away parts of his old persona. Soon, he was going to meld with an entity only partially human. Soon, his soul would no more be only his.

And then, it just happened.

The armor in which he was encased moved, and for a brief moment, teal light emanated from all of it's cracks.

'I stand ready' he spoke, in a voice that sounded different than before.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29